Heart's In your Hands (1)

Kyungsoo Can Dream

'When I was a child,

Story would say,

Somebody would

Sweep you off your feet someday.'

.

.

.

.

Kyungsoo believed romantic fairy tales as a child, his favorite being The Little Mermaid, all because to him, Ariel had the softest and gentlest voice among the Disney Princesses, and that his parents would often tell him that his voice was like that of a beautiful siren, to which he would assume as a child of course – a mermaid.

 

He also believed that one day, his Prince Charming would come, and that one day he would also fall in love with them, love at first sight. He would often feel jealous, as innocent as he is, as to how his parents came to be, his mother telling him that he met his father when she was taken captive by the fire-breathing dragon (Of course, kids believed in that small of a tale), and they fell in love the first time their eyes laid on each other.

 

As a child, Kyungsoo already dreamed of the perfect fairy tale romance, and he wanted his life to end in a perfect fairy tale ending as well. His vision of the future was bright and positive, he was so looking forward to growing up, and that even while playing with his dolls and toys had he already imagined how he was going to meet his one true love, and how they are going to fall in love with each other.

 

"One day, my Prince Charming and I will meet at the hallways of school, and then we will see eye to eye and fall in love at first sight, just like Mama and Papa!" He would declare to himself, playing pretend with one of his dolls, his mother and father giggling at the childish antics.

 

"You will meet the love of your life soon enough, Darling, for the meantime, it's time for a bath!!" Kyungsoo was lifted from the ground, his mother tickling him on the nose while his father on his sides - everything was just like any other happy family that Kyungsoo had ever wanted, and just like in fairy tales, families were always depicted as nothing but supportive, and will always sport a smile on their faces.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

He was on his second grade in elementary school, and even if the scenario didn't go as he planned it would be, at the pulp age of seven, it didn't matter to him at that moment.

 

What mattered the most was the slow drumming of his heart and the sudden slow motion of everything around him, a Disney-themed music playing in the background that only Kyungsoo can hear.

 

Their homeroom teacher entered the classroom, a man with a friendly face and that everyone loved despite his un-funny jokes, Kim Junmyeon had been Kyungsoo's homeroom teacher since the first grade. Usually wearing a pink button-down, tucked in neatly in his usual formal grey pants, his pitch-black hair always either brushed up or curled to one side, Junmyeon always came to school with the brightest of smiles for the kids to see. He seemed intimidating at first, as Kyungsoo had first remembered, when the man first came into their classroom on their first grade, but when his mouth started to speak, a slightly high-pitched yet soothing voice came out, like a doting father telling his kids that he will love them unconditionally even if one day they turn out to be a worm or another form of being. He kept his position as a their homeroom adviser, fast forward to the present, because most of the kids in his class (including Kyungsoo) laid cute baby eyes on the school head one day, asking if they could keep their loving teacher as theirs (And of course, who could resist a child's cute face?).

 

 

But this isn't the reason why Kyungsoo was captivated, as if he was in a state of being love-struck.

 

 

"Alright, kids! Today, we are going to add another member to our family!" Junmyeon started, his hands held together in a praying stance, his smile never fading.

 

"Oooooooohhhhhh!" Everyone responded, some were tilting their heads in curiosity, girls were giggling and moving their little legs underneath their table while they sit in excitement, and some were just really spacing out or on their thumbs as they all patiently listened to their teacher's announcement.

 

"He just moved to this neighborhood, so please treat him kindly. You can come in now, don't be shy." And with a quick nod, Junymeon faced the entrance of the door, calling out the transferee to introduce himself to the class.

 

 

This is the reason why Kyungsoo was captivated.

 

 

A very tall boy walked into class, silent gasps were heard as the students were probably surprised to see him to be too tall to even be a part of the second grade. He was wearing a loose varsity jacket, probably an extra-large, light blue and white in sleeves for the color. Wearing a black Naruto-printed shirt (Uchiha Itachi specifically), on the inside, some worn-out jeans and sneakers that were probably used for such a long time that the white color in it was too dirty to even identify as new.

 

 

But that was just the starting point of it, the encore was what made Kyungsoo enamored by the tall boy, who was their new classmate.

 

 

"Introduce yourself." The homeroom teacher commanded softly, his hand caressing the small back of the transferee as a form of encouragement. There was a moment's silence, and then he finally spoke.

 

"Hi! My name is Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol. I'm new to this town, and I hope to get along with all of you." He had a very heartwarming and wide smile, showing all his bright white teeth, as if the sun's rays that were splayed behind their windows wasn't as bright as it was anymore – Chanyeol's teeth were like a 10,000 kilo-watt light bulb, and even the shiniest star in the sky could never beat how radiant it was. His big round puppy eyes turned into crescents, his cheeks slightly puffy. His hair was a mixture of a mess, because somehow it was just too curly to even call it a clean or brushed hairstyle, brownish in color like that of a teddy bear's fur coat.

 

"Please take good care of me." Chanyeol added before giving one huge bow. A round of applause erupted in the classroom, signalling that everyone was happy to have him around, he raised his head to see his new classmates smiling at him warmly for his welcome.

 

Chanyeol smiles again, and while Kyungsoo didn't have the heart to clap alongside his other classmates, his eyes sparkled, gaze only fixated on the boy who was right in front of him.

 

 

"That's him. That's really him."

"This is it,  my Prince Charming. "

 

 

"Your assigned seat is next to Kyungsoo's, that's the one there at the very back." Junmyeon instructed. A hearty smile suddenly appeared on the Kyungsoo's face, a heart-shaped forming, his face glowing with nothing but puppy love and the angel rays of the sun from behind, making his skin seem like he is glowing like an actual angel.

 

Chanyeol made a quick nod to his new teacher and made a beeline to the seat right next to him, he was making small nods of hello to his newly found friends soon, and by the time he was midway, he looked up to the seat at the back, the empty seat on the right must have been the seat assigned to him.

 

 

And then suddenly, as if it wouldn't have been even better for Kyungsoo's liking –

Their eyes met for the first time.

 

 

Chanyeol who was already nearing his seat, gave Kyungsoo a curious glance, his brown puppy eyes seemed to have been mesmerized at how tiny his seatmate was, and how his pale white skin was glowing so much, he thinks Kyungsoo wasn't a real person, like as if he was a celestial, Chanyeol thought.

 

But Chanyeol smiled at him, wide and toothy, as if the tall boy was more than happy to have him as a seatmate and a friend. And when he smiled, Kyungsoo's heart starts to beat erratically, his eyes never leaving the taller's gaze.

 

 

He was in love, and he wasn't just in love, he fell too hard in love for Chanyeol.

 

 

He smiled back, as if time had slowed for the both of them to savor their first meeting, just like in any kind of fairy tale when they meet their Prince Charming for the first time.

 

"Hi! I'm Chanyeol, nice to meet you~" Energetic, Chanyeol sat down on his seat, plopping his backpack on the tiled floor before looking back at Kyungsoo.

 

". . . . K-Kyungsoo." He replied meekly, a light brush of pink suddenly appearing on his cheeks as he fiddled with his fingers nervously;

 

"Let's be good friends from now on, Kyungsoo! I'll make sure you will experience the best school year with me around." Chanyeol declared with full confidence, making Kyungsoo giggle at his statement.

 

 

"Let's be together forever, Chanyeol." Is what Kyungsoo blurted out, as if his mind to mouth filter wasn't functioning properly anymore. He covered his mouth in shock, his eyes wide, suddenly the pink color on his face soon grew into a brighter red.

 

"YOU BET! Let's be together until we grow old!" Chanyeol replied, without even knowing what that had fully meant, his naivety as a child showing. He raised an arm, with his hands in a shape of a fist, excitement exudes in his whole aura, feeling elated at what Kyungsoo had just said - as if he had just won the lottery even.

 

 

Kyungsoo didn't have a reply to that, his eyes only softened, his heart full. He beamed, albeit unlike Chanyeol's who's gums were showing, his lips were full, his smile again forming into a very sweet heart-shape that only he can do.

.

.

.

And with just that, Kyungsoo was swept off his feet.