Chapter-1

What Am I To You?
Please log in to read the full chapter

NO ONE POV

"Yah! Jiwon Unnie wake up!" A female voice yells while knocking loudly at Her door.

She stirs in Her sleep but ignores it.

"Yah! If You don't wake up now, I'm gonna kick this door?!" Her cousin warns.

"Urgh... So annoying. I'm up. I'm already up." Jiwon sighs while stretching Herself then She gets up from Her bed and look at the clock.

'It is still 6 in the morning, why is She noisy this early?' She mutters under Her breath.

She opens the door and saw Her Cousin smirking.

"What now Chaerin-ah?" She asks confusedly.

"Do You know what day today is?" Chaerin asks while wiggling Her brows.

"Uhmm... It's saturday?" She answered a bit hesistantly.

"Correct!" Chaerin grins widely.

"Yah! If it's Saturday, then I don't have to wake up early!" Jiwon whines in frustration as She tries to close the door, but Chaerin is fast enough to block Her right foot.

"Jiwon Unnie, Come on! Your Mom... She is going to nag Us if We won't meet Her today. You know how Your Mom is... She is Scary." Chaerin almost whispered the last part.

Chaerin's Mom and Jiwon's Mom are sisters.

But due to an accidents Chaerin become an orphan, Jiwon's Mom take Chaerin in.

Chaerin is so grateful for Their Kindness, so She vows to help Them until Her last breath.

"But it is still 6 in the morning and I need thirty minutes more of sleep." Jiwon reasons out.

"I'll buy You spicy chicken feet." Chaerin tried to bribe Her.

Jiwon looks at Her skeptically. "Are You sure?"

"Yes, I am Unnie. I swear to Your Mother's name. Now go and take a shower. I'll wait for You at the living room." Chaerin told Her.

"Urgh... Alright, fine. Just don't forget My chicken feet later." Jiwon relented and went to Her room to get Her towel.

"But don't take 30 minutes, okay?!" Chaerin added yelling.

"Whatever." Jiwon mutters.

 

 

 

 

+++

"Are We there yet?" Jiwon asks impatiently, while tapping Her knees.

Chaerin is the one who drives Them to Their meeting place.

"We are getting close. Don't be too grumpy, Jiwon Unnie." Chaerin answers Her.

"Why I can't be? I didn't have My breakfast yet." Jiwon replied grumpily, crossing Her arms.

"Your Mom said that We'll have breakfast with Her at the resto." Chaerin glance at Her then back to the road.

"Really?" Jiwon eyes starts to spark and Her lips curve up.

"Yes. And what's with that creepy smile?" Chaerin asks as She take a glance at Her cousin.

"Nothing. I'm just happy that We are having breakfast." Jiwon replied nonchantly.

 

 

 

 

 

+++

Her cousin Park the car and went to open the door for Jiwon.

"Thanks Chaerin-ah." Jiwon smile.

Chaerin only nodded.

"So where's Mom?" Jiwon asks while scanning the area to look for Her Mom.

"She is nowhere to be found." She added sighing then glance to Chaerin who is busy on Her phone.

"Her message says: that She is already inside, waiting for Us." Chaerin replied as She puts back Her phone on Her pocket.

She then pulls Jiwon and went inside the Resto.

They scan the area to look for Her Mom.

A waiter pass by and told Them to where Her Mother is.

 

 

 

 

 

+++

"So, what is this all about Mother?" Jiwon curiously asks as She settle infront of Her Mom.

"We will eat first, then We will talk after this." Her Mom spoke softly.

She just nodded Her head then starts to dig in.

 

 

 

 

 

+++

After half an hour, They are finally finished.

"So what are We talking about Mom?" Jiwon asks as She glance at Her Mom.

"I'm sending You back to Paris." Her Mom answered curtly.

"What?! Why?!" Jiwon uttered in surprised tone.

Her Mom glares at Her. "Tone down Your voice, Jiwon."

"I'm sorry, Mom. But why?" Jiwon apologizes.

"Your Dad said You were unserious with Your study. You are failing in three subjects, So as a punishment...." Her Mom stops mid sentence then looks at Her.

"We are sending You back to Paris." She continued.

"Mom, You know how I hate living there! Plus it's just a minor subjects!" She whines.

"Uh huh. We already saw Your report card and two of them were Major subjects." Her Mom glares at Her attempt to lie.

"But still Mom. I refuse to go there." Jiwon replied disapprovingly.

"You don't have a choice Young lady. You know how Your Dad is. Beside I'm going to send Chaerin with You." Her Mom said softly.

"Wait? Me, Auntie?" Chaerin finally spoke up as She points to Herself.

"Yes. You... You are the only person I trusted Jiwon with." Mrs. Heo replied.

"Oh.. I mean, I don't have a problem with that. But My Cousin here I still respect Her decision." Chaerin replied while scratching Her head.

"Didn't You say You want to go to Paris a month ago?" Mrs. Heo quirks Her right eyebrow.

"Yes, Auntie. But not with this Idea. I don't want to force Jiwon Unnie to agree because I wanted to. It still up to Her, if She wants to go there." Chaerin stated firmly.

Mrs. Heo sighs.

She thought She can rely on Chaerin to convince Jiwon, but it seems the opposite.

"Okay, I'll give You time to think about it. And Just so You know, You won't lived with Your Uncle and His Family if that's what You are worried about." Mrs. Heo inform Her.

Jiwon looks at Her Mother and saw Her being sad.

"I'll just finish this semester, then after that I'll go to Paris." Jiwon gives in.

She just can't bare the look on Her Mother eyes.

After all She'll be a graduating student next year, taking up Bs tourism.

Her Parents let Her choose what She wants, and She immediately thought of tourism.

When She finally smile, She sighs in relief.

'I just don't want to see My Mom sad.' She thought.

 

 

 

 

+++

The next day Jiwon went to Her father's office to talk to Him.

"Dad, would You change Your decision if I do better in School from now on?" She asks after taking a seat.

Her father raised His head from what He is reading and looks at Her.

"

Please log in to read the full chapter