The First Date

Meeting the iest Man Alive

After the photoshoot ended hours ago, you were already back at your place. Which happened to be a decent studio apartment in the nice area of town and happened to be in walking distance from your studio. You still couldn’t believe that Kai was coming over soon. He texted you a few minutes ago letting you know that he was on his way and that he was looking forward to your date. This was really happening now though. You were having a proper date and not just getting in between the sheets. Did you finally realize that things like this could actually happen or were you just daydreaming? Those were the kind of thoughts that streamed across your mind as you were preparing dinner. 

You were almost done preparing the dinner that you’ve worked hard on and put a lot of effort into knowing that it would be delightful. The one thing that you really hoped for was if it suited Kai’s tastes even though you didn’t know what food he liked. This truly was going to be a surprise for him. So you carefully prepared and set the table in your dining room, pulling out your best dishes and glasses that you usually pulled out for special occasions. You knew this was a special occasion in itself though. When’s the last time you really had someone over for dinner? Christmas. Yes, that’s the last time you really had a proper meal or nice dinner at your place, except it was with your family. Which you weren’t always fond of having over, because they stressed you out and while you enjoyed their company it wasn’t always the best feeling in the world to have them over. But that thought brushed over you and you finished setting the table for the two of you. It didn’t take you long in doing so, but then you froze after you heard a knock at your door. 

To your surprise, it was Kai standing at your doorstep with a bouquet of freshly cut roses. You could already tell that he was a true romantic. The fact that he came to your place with roses. This made you feel emotional and touched, but you made sure not to cry. You smiled at him and welcomed him into your home. As soon as you let him into your apartment, you didn’t notice what he was wearing until he came in and shut the door. 

Kai was wearing a nice suit that accentuated his body from head to toe. He looked so handsome and you felt underdressed, but couldn’t help it but stare at him in awe at his beauty. There was something about him that captivated you to admire him even though the two of you weren’t in your studio, but in your apartment now. Then again, that realization didn’t hit you until Kai smiled and waved his hand in your direction to get your attention. He could tell you were silent since you kept staring at him. 

You truly felt as if you were in some sort of daze for a moment until Kai got your attention. Did you really just check out Kai without realizing it until just now? Yep, you sure did and started to blush. “Sorry, I just can’t believe you’re all dressed up. It’s not that I don’t mind you being dressed up. Dress as you wish of course. I just feel like I should’ve dressed up too. But do come in. Make yourself at home.” Kai smiled and walked into your apartment. He put his hand on your shoulder, “I thought I’d dress for the occasion. But also, it’s okay. No need to feel that way. You look beautiful even if you just cooked our meal and set the table. What matters most is that we’re spending some alone time together and should enjoy it. But also, do you have a vase that I can put your flowers into?” 

As soon as you closed the door to your apartment, you walked towards Kai and directed him to your kitchen. After you took him into your kitchen, you opened one of your cabinets near the fridge and handed him the vase you had. “Thank you, dear. I’ll start filling up the vase with some water and put your flowers in it.” You smiled and were surprised that he was so kind. He was truly something else, in the best way possible for a man you’ve never been with before until now. Just from this moment alone, you knew he was different. Almost as if he were humble. But as he was taking care of the flowers, you heard your timer going off for the food in the oven. 

You were quick in grabbing your oven mitts and pulling out the food from the oven. It smelled so good and you felt like this was the most appropriate meal for your date with Kai tonight. You baked chicken parmesan along with a bottle of red wine. Granted you didn’t drink much, you always thought pairing a nice wine with a special meal such as this one was appropriate. But as you placed the food onto the table, you felt Kai’s back brush against yours for a moment. And then you turned around, and noticed he was pouring the wine into your glasses. You really hoped that he wasn’t up to something. But that thought slipped your mind after the two of you engaged in a pleasant conversation over dinner. You could tell that Kai really liked your cooking, since he grabbed a second serving. This surprised you and you couldn’t help but smile. Maybe it was true with what your mother has told you, the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. You’ve always thought that was an old wives’ tale, but maybe it was true after all.

After the two of you finished your dinner, you couldn’t help it but break the silence. “Kai, did you enjoy dinner? But also, what else should we do?” You were starting to get nervous. Although, you really did hope Kai truly enjoyed your cooking. Kai patted his face with a napkin and got up from the table. He was walking towards you. Closer than ever. “Dinner was truly delightful and you definitely paired the best wine to have with it. I appreciate how much time and effort you put into making this dinner tonight too. I just thought I’d let you know that. But also, I already have something in mind with what we can do for the rest of the evening.” After he said that, you start to feel a shiver go up your spine. The way Kai had this effect on you was going to drive you mad. But you saw him walking to your quaint loveseat in the middle of your living room. It looked as though he was sitting there, waiting for you to join him. You could tell that he was waiting for you, after he started to pat the couch for you to sit into the spot next to him. 

You really hoped he wasn’t up to something. That’s all you could think at this point. You always assumed the worst on first dates though. Then again, it has also been awhile since you’ve been on a date too. Maybe you were still just nervous at the fact that Kai was sitting in your own apartment. That’s what was making you feel this way. He’s a celebrity and you’re just a photographer that photographs celebrities. In other words, you weren’t sure how to act around him except be nervous and shy around him. So you kind of just followed his lead at the moment and sat next to him on your couch. There was still awkward silence between the two of you after you sat next to him, until you felt his hand brush against your face like he did hours ago in your studio. 

His hands were so soft and your face started to feel warm. Except this time, he wasn’t intending on just touching your face this time. He was inches away from your face now and politely asks, “May I kiss you?” You thought he’d never ask. Then again, you were surprised at him asking for your consent first in kissing you. But you smiled at him and said, “Yes, you may.” He truly was a gentleman and you were at a loss for words for him asking, but felt him getting closer to you now. He tilted his head and started to kiss your neck. His lips tickled against your skin. There was something about his lips that just made you beg for more. But after he kissed your neck, it drove you mad. You were starting to feel even more heated, but kept going with the flow and following his lead. You didn’t know what to expect from Kai until his lips finally met yours. He started to slowly caress your lips until he slid his tongue into your mouth. As soon as he did that, you started to wrap your hands around his neck. After you did that, the two of  you were laying on top of each other now. Kai was on top and you were underneath him. It was a more comfortable position for the two of you, but you gripped onto his collar begging for more. It was truly a heated make out session for you. You were really fighting the urge not to take his shirt off. He was really making you feel this way and that surprised you. And right as you were about to take his shirt off, he stopped you. 

“You don’t want to?” Is all you could muster after making out with Kai. He shook his head in disagreement. “It’s not that I don’t want to, but I’d rather wait until we become more serious. Believe me, I want to but I’d rather wait until we’re sure of ourselves. I don’t want to do it just out of pure lust, you know? Plus, we’ve been drinking tonight too. We shouldn’t do something we regret and not remember something so special. I want our first time to be special. But for now, we will wait and I plan on taking you to one of my favorite restaurants next time.” 

Not all hope was lost for you. At least you knew that he cares and that he’s not just into you for . He’s into you because he wants to truly be in a relationship with you first, before you consider doing other things. One thing is for sure though. He’s a great kisser and he got you all hot and bothered. You can only imagine what it’ll be like when the two of you do get intimate though. But you sat up and bit your lip. “So, does that mean we’re going on a second date? And it’s okay if you’d rather wait until we’re more serious or when the time is right. I get it.” He smiled at you, “Yes, that means we’re going on a second date. I think you’ll enjoy where I’m going to take you next time. And good things come to those who wait. I should be going home now though.” 

As soon as he is about to walk out your door, he pulls you in for one final kiss to tell you goodnight. Except this kiss was different from the kind of kisses the two of you exchanged during your make out session. You wrap your arms around his neck and he caresses your lips with great passion. It was more than just a peck, that was for damn sure. But it did make you feel weak in the knees. What were you going to do about Kai? That’s all you could think after he left your arms and bid you goodnight as he walked out of your apartment for the evening. And then you remembered, he said the two of you would be going on a second date. Where? That was the question. Where will your second date be? And how will this affect your work? Let alone, what will happen if you and Kai do become more serious? All of these thoughts passed your mind until you were sound asleep and thought about all of the possible places Kai could take you to for your second date.