The Unexpected Photoshoot

Meeting the iest Man Alive

You always wondered why you encountered situations like this. It wasn’t the first time you fell for the star pupil, or rather, the most admired supermodel of all time: Kim Jongin or as most k-pop fans knew him as Kai from Exo. Either way, you couldn’t believe you were in his presence until today. It didn’t hit you until you first laid eyes on him as he entered your studio for the photoshoot of a lifetime to be given the title as the iest man alive. There was no denying the fact that he was indeed one of the iest men alive to ever set foot into your studio. Then again, that was more of a thought that you kept to yourself as you started the photoshoot and gave directions for how Kai was to model for you. 

Kai really gave it his all to follow your lead in this photoshoot. He truly was oozing in appeal. It was making you hot and bothered when he posed without effort. In other words, he modeled for you in such an effortless fashion that it was quite a different experience from previous modeling sessions you’ve had with previous male models. You felt something with this photoshoot alone. Even if you were just standing behind the camera and composing shots, you felt compelled by Kai. Was he truly the iest man alive or the iest man you’ve ever come across to feel something again? 

That thought washed over your mind and put you back into what you were focused on in the moment: Kai. Kai could tell you were giving him that look. A look that totally showed that you were fawning over him. He couldn’t help it but laugh a little and give you a wink in your direction since he caught you checking him out. You thought you could play it cool and brush that feeling off your shoulders until you saw Kai winking back at you. He knew what he was doing to draw you in with his charm. You couldn’t help but laugh back at him and scratch the back of your head as you started to focus back on him again. 

Seeing the way, he winked at you is what inspired you to snap a shot of him as he held the red sunglasses over his head and puckered his lips ever so slightly. You knew that would make a great shot for the cover of the magazine. It was subtle and showed Kai in a different way. Maybe it was the fact that he was wearing the pink tank top and showing off his arms. It could be a lot of things that made him look so good in this shot you took on impulse, but you knew it was the right one. Either way, you knew this was it and you were ready to wrap up the photoshoot and let your staff know that they could leave for the day. And just as you were packing your things, thinking the day was over, your pulse started to rise as soon as Kai put his hand over your shoulder. 

“I really enjoyed working with you this afternoon. I still can’t believe I’ve been given the title as being the iest man alive. It just makes me feel a little nervous. You know? I’ve worked hard to get where I am now, because of working along with my group members to modeling for some of the best designers in the world. Let alone walking the runway. Which is to say, that I’m not bragging. I’m just surprised. What is it that makes me y?” That was the most you heard Kai speak today. Then again, you had to make sure he was focused earlier. So silence was key during the photoshoot, but now that the photoshoot is over you two can talk. It made you laugh that Kai, one of the most desirable and attractive members of Exo, was asking you what it was that made him y to the public. 

“Oh, honey. Don’t even get me started with trying to answer that question.” You smiled and turned around, facing him now and looking at him up from head to toe. “What’s that supposed to mean?” Kai was genuinely concerned now. But the two of you were facing each other now and were trying your best not to freak out, because you were surprised that he was being serious and really wanted to know. “Well, now that everyone has left for the day, and no one is listening in on our conversation I will answer this bluntly. Please know that what I am about to say should not be shared with anyone, especially amongst your members in Exo. I adore them and love what you guys do. I’d thought I would say that first from the bottom of my heart, because I do like your group and the music you guys have released throughout the years. Anyway, Kai, you’re considered to be one of the iest men alive because you’re just fine as hell. Plain and simple.” 

He snickered and smirked at you after you had said all of that to him. You weren’t sure either to be anxious or relieved that he reacted like that. Could you be dreaming? It felt like a dream, since you literally just got to speak to Kai about what made him attractive. Like was he really that surprised, or did it not cross his mind that he truly did not understand what it was that made him so good-looking to the public? Then again, maybe he was just one of those kinds of celebrities who looked past his looks and loved himself or just never really wrapped his mind around the thought that he would consider himself to be y. Clearly, you could tell that he was different from other celebrities that you’ve worked with in the past. He didn’t have a big ego or was full of himself like others. Perhaps, that is why you were surprised to hear him ask what it was that made him so attractive for modeling and being the face of many brands. 

After you expressed your honest opinion to Kai, the room was silent for a moment until the two of you looked right at each other. You weren’t sure whether to look away or just remain focused on Kai’s eyes. It was almost as if you were trying to have an intense staring contest with him until you froze. You felt Kai’s hand your cheek as he admired your beauty. This took you by surprise and then you held onto his hand in that moment and could tell that he was warm. You didn’t mind the warmth though. And then you realized, you shouldn’t be flirting with Kai let alone letting him touch your face. Then again, was it so wrong? That’s what you were telling yourself. 

“Kai, I don’t know if we can do this…I don’t want to get us in trouble.” That’s all you could say until Kai looked at you with a smile on his face. “That’s why we keep this just between us. Plus, you see how most celebrities keep their relationships private or just don’t say anything to the press let alone the invasive fans or paparazzi. I’d make sure to keep this a secret. You have my word. So, you have nothing to worry about.” You bit your lip and were looking around the room in complete nervousness. This surprised you so much that he made you speechless. Which then got you thinking, was Kai asking you out? 

You scratched your head and laughed nervously as you looked at him. “So, what are you prepared to do about it? Are you asking me out on a date or were you wanting to do something else?” You can’t believe that you just said that out loud to Kai. In your mind, you felt like that was the best way to ask him but after saying it, you just realized that you asked him if he wanted to date or have . Oh, how anxiety-inducing this was for you even though you usually were open to either option since you’ve thrown yourself at other former models. But you felt like it was nerve-wracking to ask him out of all people. He was Kai from Exo, for god's sake. 

Kai laughed and then smiled at you, looking like you just told him a funny joke. You really hoped that he didn’t take what you said as a joke, but as something more serious. But you could tell that his mood shifted after he finished laughing. “You’re so direct. But dear, I’d take you out to dinner first and then see how it goes. While your second offer is tempting. I’d rather wine and dine in the beginning. Which is not to say that love is not completely off the table. And while it may seem strange to the public that we’d be dating, I’d still keep our relationship private. In other words, I’d make sure to keep you safe from the public.” 

So, you really were going to go along with this? That’s the first question that came to mind after Kai said that to you. He really did surprise you with the fact that he essentially told you that he would rather take you on a date first before doing anything else…yet. Which was different for you since it’d be the complete opposite of a one-night stand. Then again, you were ready for something more real or just something with more growth. So, you finally gave Kai his answer as he stood there waiting in silence. “On one condition, can we have dinner at my place? I know you said you wanted to keep our relationship private, and you know how certain people in public places have prying eyes when they see popular celebrities such as you. I just hope I don’t have to end up signing an NDA in the future.” Kai looked at you and whispered in your ear, “Sounds like a date. I’ll see you at your house later tonight then. Surprise me.” 

After he said that, you felt chills go down your spine. The effect this man had on you was like no other. Which then made you realize something, did you just agree to go on a date with the iest man alive?