Chapter 3

Unlawful Act
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Danielle sat alone in a dimly lit room, the weight of the world pressing down on her shoulders. The events of the past weeks had taken their toll, leaving her exhausted and uncertain. The surgery for Haerin was successful, and her wife was recovering well, but Danielle's conscience was plagued by the choices she had made.

She had managed to secure the funds for Haerin's surgery, fulfilling her end of the deal with Yunjin. But the price was steep, and the consequences of her actions loomed over her like a dark cloud. She couldn't shake the feeling that she had stepped onto a path from which there was no turning back.

A sudden knock on the door startled Danielle, breaking her from her thoughts. Eunchae stood in the doorway, her face etched with concern.

"Danielle, Yunjin wants to see us," Eunchae said softly, her voice filled with a mixture of trepidation and urgency.

Danielle's heart sank. She knew this moment would come, but she had hoped for a reprieve, a chance to catch her breath before being pulled deeper into Yunjin's dangerous web. She glanced at Eunchae, realizing that her friend had been coerced into this as well.

"Haerin can't know about this," Danielle whispered, her voice laced with guilt. "She's been through enough already."

Eunchae nodded, her eyes filled with understanding. "I'll make sure she's taken care of while we're gone. She won't suspect a thing."

With heavy hearts, Danielle and Eunchae made their way to Yunjin's secluded hideout. The tension in the air was palpable as they approached the formidable woman who held their fate in her hands.

Yunjin eyed them both, her gaze sharp and calculating. "Ah, my loyal pawns," she sneered. "I have a task for you, one that requires utmost secrecy and precision."

Danielle's stomach churned with unease, but she knew she couldn't refuse. She had already crossed that line, and now she had to face the consequences.

"What do you need us to do?" Danielle asked, her voice steady despite the turmoil within.

Yunjin's lips curled into a sinister smile. "There's someone I want you to take care of—a rival, and an ex-lover. She's been causing trouble for me for far too long. I want her out of the picture permanently."

Danielle's heart sank. The gravity of the situation weighed heavily on her. She had always hoped to find a way out of this criminal world, to protect Haerin and give her a chance at a normal life. But now, it seemed like an impossible dream.

Eunchae's voice cut through the heavy silence. "What exactly do you want us to do?"

Yunjin's eyes glinted with malice as she explained her plan, outlining the intricate details of the sabotage. The task was dangerous and would require

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter