Chapter 1

Unlawful Act
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let's get out of this hellhole."

Danielle was in shock hearing Haerin's words, she'd always wanted to ask her that. It's already hard for them as they have been living in the orphanage for years now. Now that both are seventeen they grew anxious that they'd get separated if one gets adopted, sure a year early before they can legally leave, but the odds are still there. It was now or never.

Danielle looked her in the eyes and cupped her cheeks.

"Haerin, you know we won't have it easy once we leave. We'll struggle financially, we'll even struggle to find a job as we only graduated in high school. I am saying this not to scare you, but I want you to know that this world has always been ed up and it's worse than this orphanage."

"D-Dani ah."

Danielle gasped, the only time she calls her that is if something is bothering her, angry at her or in general the only person who calls her that. Guess her words got to her.

"It's okay to be scared, I'm scared too."

Danielle pulls her in for a hug and comforts her in her arms.

A sob leaves from Haerin's mouth as she proceeds to hug Danielle tighter.

"I don't care if I struggle, I'll be with you, you won't leave me. There will be no chance for us to get separated, Dani, I love you."

Suddenly both their hearts beat rapidly, and it only took three words. Danielle felt like dying with a smile, it wasn't unrequited after all.

"Then let's leave, because I can't live without you. I love you too, kitty kang."

Danielle seemed to know that just the word kitty kang would calm her down. She kissed her lips to seal the deal.

So, they packed for things they would need, clothes and stole some money from the orphanage's safe. It wasn't easy escaping, but they did it, they were free and as they were about to walk away they looked back at the orphanage. Despite it being night, they can see it clearly with moonlight, this chapter of their lives is done, and a new beginning awaits.

---

The first few months were hard for the young couple, they were homeless, the savings they got from the orphanage completely depleted. Resulting in Danielle attempting to pickpocket, the first attempts were successful, and it fed them for a few days. But Danielle stopped when Haerin found out.

"What you're doing is a crime, Dani!"

"I-had to kitty kang, we were already starving."

"No! What if you get caught? What if you get sent to prison for stealing? I can't lose you Dani, please."

Haerin was breaking down, Danielle is all she has left, it will break her if they get separated.

Danielle sighs and hugs her.

"I'm sorry kitty kang, I won't do it again. I promise."

It's quite a pitiful scene, they were hugging each other in a a 24-hour sauna with not much people, but since sleeping in their was free they had no other choice. It was better than freezing in the streets.

Another few months passed, and both are in legal age, they'd be needing documents for job resumes. Fortunately for them they're orphans, documents are always there even if they escaped.

After getting their legal documents, they went to the big city, Seoul. Unfortunately, the job hunting was not going very well, places they tried to apply to were either full or had no interest in hiring people at all, moreover undergraduates.

Haerin caught a fever, and it's getting worse. If Danielle doesn't give her medicine, her illness will worsen and hospitals are expensive.

" my life."

Danielle was desperate, she couldn't fight medicine cheap enough to buy. Her worries are taking over her mind and it made tears stream down her face.

"It's my fault we're in this mess."

Desperation is in need; Danielle will have to break her promise.

"I'm sorry Haerin."

A pharmacy was closing, and Danielle saw the keys of the owner locking it, she figured that she could steal it from him when he's far from the pharmacy.

After 3 minutes or so, Danielle goes for it and attempts to grab it, but she was quickly pinned down by the old man.

"Your sneaking was actually bad, that it took me less than a second to notice you kid."

She was being pinned to the ground; her arm being twisted behind her.

"L-let go, you're hurting me."

The old man twisted it more making Danielle let out a cry.

"No, now tell me why you were trying to steal my keys? Answer me or I'll break your arm."

His voice was very stern, tears started streaming down her face. She was afraid she'd go to jail. She's scared no one will take care of her kitty kang.

"My friend is sick, it's getting worse and if she does not get medicine soon, I don't know how I'll handle it. Please, please, it hurts."

His eyes soften and let go of her arm. He sighs.

"You could have just asked, I'm considerate, kid."

Danielle quickly stands up, and bows.

"Thank you!"

The old man smiles sadly, oh how someone young gets to experience hardship already.

"Come on, let's get some medicine for your friend."

The travel back to his Pharmacy was fast and when he was giving her the medicine he quickly pulled back.

"Show me where your friend is, I have to know you're not doing this as a drug addiction."

Danielle quickly nodded, no matter the cost, she'll do anything.

The old man was wondering why he was brought in a sauna, but his hearts shatters as he was taken to the sick girl sleeping on the floor only having a mat in her demise.

He gave a water bottle and medicine to Danielle and Danielle quickly went to Haerin.

"Hey kitty kang, I've got some medicine for you, Drink up, okay?"

Haerin's eyes fluttered open.

"I-i was worried what's taking you so long."

Danielle caresses her cheeks.

"Hey, I told you I was just going to get you medicine, right?"

Danielle pecks her lips and proceeds to help Haerin drink the medicine.

A few minutes and Haerin returned to sleep, both Danielle and the old man are left with silence.

"So, this is where you live?"

Danielle looks down.

"We had no place to go, I can't find a job yet."

The old man chuckles.

"Why are you looking down? Don't be ashamed, you're a good lover."

Danielle looks at the old man surprised.

"You're not disgusted?"

The old man throws a key to Danielle.

"I'm not and you have more things to worry about."

Danielle looks at the key confused by the old man's gesture.

The old man stands up and looks down to Danielle.

"Are you gonna carry her or not?"

Danielle is not sure to trust him yet.

"Where are you taking us?"

"Don't worry, I won't d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter