9 | Nonsense

Ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Katrina's P.O.V.

 

 

The sun painted the hallways of our campus in warm hues as I walked alongside Jeo. Her presence always brightened up my day, and I couldn't help but smile as we exchanged jokes and stories along the way. It had become our routine, and I cherished every moment of it.

 

 

 

Reaching the door of our clasroom, I immediately come forward to open it for her. It was a small thing, but I loved being able to help her with the little stuff.

 

 

 

It's always the small things that matters, they say. 

 

 

 

As we make our way to our seat, I asked her, "So, any plans for today, Princess Charming?" I asked, teasing her.

 

 

 

Ever since the time that I joked about calling her 'My Princess Charming', I just can't help it but to call her that over and over again because I love the way she reacts everytime I do it.

 

 

 

She smirked, and her eyes sparkled mischievously. "Well, my princess, I plan to conquer the realm of math in our next class. Gusto mo ba akong samahang mag-solve ng mga problemang hindi naman akin?" she joked.

 

 

 

I chuckled. "Yes na yes for you! Don't worry, this princess is magaling at Math!" I said, keeping up with her goofyness.

 

 

 

Math class was always interesting with Jeo around. She had a way of making even the most challenging problems seem like fun puzzles to solve. We even competed to see who could solve them faster, and the winner would get a silly prize, like a free item from our bag or an additional day of our Filipino class.

 

 

 

During class, we'd share notes and help each other understand complex concepts. I loved seeing Jeo's eyes light up when she finally solved the word problem. 

 

 

 

She was intelligent and hardworking, and I admired her dedication to her studies.

 

 

 

After math class, we decided to take a break in the school courtyard, our favorite spot to unwind. Under the shade of a massive oak tree, we laughed and talked about everything under the sun, from the things that has happened within the first 3 weeks of our classes to our dreams for the future.

 

 

 

"You're incredibly smart, Jeo," I said sincerely. "Your mathematical skills are on a whole other level."

 

 

 

She blushed, looking away for a moment before giving me a playful nudge. "Hush! Ikaw din kaya! Nauna mo pa ngang ma-solve yung problem sa akin. Akala ko nga hindi ka pa tapos mag-solve tapos hinihintay mo lang pala ako! Edi sana hindi na lang tayo nagpaunahan. Hmppp"

 

 

 

I just chuckled at her demeanor. Well, it's true that we're competing against each other earlier but, screw that. I want her to take her time. Besides, she looks really cute trying to solve the word problem earlier.

 

 

 

Our conversation flowed effortlessly, like it always did. We could talk for hours about anything and everything, and I found myself completely at ease in her presence. There was something special about our friendship, something I couldn't quite put into words.

 

 

 

As the school day progressed, we met up with our friends during lunch break. It was a lively and fun-filled time, and Jeo and I were often the center of teasing from our friends.

 

 

 

"Oh saan na naman galing ang mag-beshy?" asked Ria.

 

 

 

Yes, Ria and Sachi became a part of our circle after the tagging game in our P.E. class. I like their energy, they're just like Signe and RJ.

 

 

 

"Nag 'beshy-time' kasi sila. Bebetime pero friends ganon." RJ slid into the conversation.

 

 

 

Bebetime? what's that? is it baby time? but, we're too young to have a baby!

 

 

 

"Mga gaga! Anong bebetime? Avery, don't mind them, they're just joking." Jeo answered, frowning at our other friends.

 

 

 

I just nodded but I'm still curious about it.

 

 

 

Bebetime..... What does it mean?

 

 

 

"Uh okay. But what is bebetime? is it a really funny joke? am I supposed to laugh about it?" I asked, completely clueless because half of our circle are laughing on a filipino joke and I can't help but to feel out-of-place because I can't keep up with them.

 

 

 

"Uhm. Bebetime is ah...." Jeo scratched her nape, looking at Signe, asking for help.

 

 

 

"Bebetime is like a couple time. It is called bebetime here because majority of filipinos calls their partners as 'bebe.' Bebe is like a tagalog slang for 'baby.' And the endearment 'baby' are often used by a lot of couples here so yep. When somebody tells you that they're currently on a 'bebetime,' it means that they're having their couple time." answered Signe while munching on her food.

 

 

 

Oooh that's why.

 

 

 

But why are they teasing us having 'bebetime?' We're not even a couple....

 

 

 

"Okay salamat, Signe. I really thought it's something like making babies or stuffs because of the 'baby' term. I was flabbergasted!" I exclaimed, making them laugh.

 

 

 

"Grabe naman! Nakakakilabot pala magsalita ng unfamiliar words sa foreigner HAHAHA" said Ria.

 

 

 

"Truelalelz par pero yaan mo na, magaling naman ang ka-bebetime niya eh, este ang teacher niya sa Filipino." RJ teased, causing for the two of us to blush and look away.

 

 

 

Is spending time with her automatically means that we're having bebetime? arghhh! >_<

 

 

 

I quickly recovered myself from RJ's teasing and answered, "But based on Signe's answer, bebetime is done by couples, and me and Jeo are just friends. We spend time with each other, yes. But, I don't see it as having 'bebetime.'"

 

 

 

"Oo nga! Talaga 'tong mga 'to. Pagbuhulin ko mga buhok niyo eh. BFF ko kaya si Avery. 'Di ba, Avery?" Jeo added, defending our point.

 

 

 

I just nodded and hummed. "Ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter