Finally

Karina Yu Has A Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bar opening went smoothly as expected, the first day is supposed to be only for guests invited by the owner. Yet, the place is packed. Of course, Ryujin’s idea of the minimum would probably, at least a hundred people. 

 

I stood on the podium higher than everyone, it gave me a beautiful view of people living different lives on the shared dance floor. I bobbed my head as I adjusted the music to the audience's liking, going a little bit more crazy and intimate with the glaring red and blue lights going frantic. 

 

I reached for my martini on the side table, gulping the remaining liquor in one go. I lightly grimaced at the soft burning it left in my throat, then I gazed at the bar counter, hoping someone saw me waving my hand in the air to take my order. 

 

Though that was impossible because I was really far, despite that I saw a familiar figure, yes, that figure that has been occupying my mind for the past week. Excited at the thought that I would finally see her, I removed my headphones and left the station on someone trustworthy, I don’t know who it was, but I’m pretty sure they’re trustworthy. 

 

My feet rushed to the counter, diving into the swarm of people. God, I hated being surrounded by strangers’ sticky, sweaty, smelly bodies but I survived that and reached the bar counter but she was nowhere to be seen. 

 

Damnit.

 

But my peripheral vision caught the petite figure slipping out of the bar, I hurriedly chased her, not caring if I bumped into some couple making out or I shoved someone to someone and almost caused a fight –I could not give a flying . 

 

I’m not letting this chance slip away, literally, because I caught her wrist when she was a step away from the exit door. I felt her halt even though my head was hanging low and my other hand rested on my knees, I was chasing my breath. 

 

After a few seconds, I lifted my head slowly. I'm kind of scared because what if it isn’t her? Would they arrest me for harassment? I didn’t do anything but hold their wrist though. So, that’s impossible, right? 

 

“Uhm,” A soft voice rang to my ears, the loud, crass noise of the music in the background couldn’t defeat her voice. I heard it loud and clear, I finally looked at her under my lashes.

 

It’s her. . It’s her. Billions of bilious barnacles, it’s her. Ms. Angel. 

 

“Do you need anything?” Goodness gracious even the way she asked me is so ing adorable, she tilted her head with her eyes glistening in curiosity and confusion. 

 

“U-Uh, y-you forgot to pay?” I reasoned out. Lame, I know, but I’m desperate here. 

 

She paused for a moment as if processing the obvious lie I just told her then she burst into a light laughter, her other hand covering but I wished she shouldn’t have, I wanted to see her glorious face with a wide smile. 

 

“Is this a new method of showing interest? ‘Cause it’s really lame,” Now, great. I just made a very bad impression as if I haven’t already in the past. 

 

“You forgot to pay, Miss.” I love being stupid. 

 

“Are we really going to insist on this?” I pouted my lips, let go of her wrist and properly stood. “I think asking my name in a basic way would have been more effective than that,” 

 

“And what would be the basic way?” We continued our conversation, who cares if we’re blocking the entrance? 

 

“Smart, but I’m not falling for it,” I chuckled when she caught my trap but, of course, I wouldn’t go down easily. I searched for her for a week, swam across disgusting piles of bodies and I can’t get her name. No way. 

 

“I shall introduce myself first, Karina “clearly interested in”  Yu.” I laid my hand in between us. 

 

“What?” She huffed a laugh, causing a smile on my lips. “Is your last name supposed to be ‘Yu’ or did you say you’re interested in me?” 

 

“Both are right,” I grinned then pointed at my waiting hand. She looked down on it with an arched eyebrow and an amused smile. 

 

“Am I supposed to return the favour?” 

 

“Well, based on the common exchange of greetings, yes.” 

 

She looked back at me, this time staring at my orbs and I felt my knees going weak from her gaze alone. 

 

“Winter,” She introduced herself shortly, finally accepting m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter