This is how I met her

Karina Yu Has A Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I have a crush. 

 

Now that sounds totally cringe, weird or whatever, but it’s the truth. It might be unusual considering that I’m a grown- woman having this crush on someone. 

 

I can already hear my friend’s annoying words, “What are you a grade-schooler?” Ryujin can't stop bothering and teasing me when I told them about my crush. 

 

This crush of mine is a complete stranger, by the way, and by a stranger I mean, I don’t know who she is, where she lives –-I don’t really need to know that-– age, number –-a big problem in my opinion-– and most importantly, the most simple and basic information; name. 

 

For starters, I met— I mean, saw this girl in a coffee shop when my friend Giselle asked me to buy her a coffee. Poor girl is stressed out and being the good friend that I am, I went to the nearest coffee shop to fetch her one. 

 

It wasn’t a romantic moment, as a matter of fact, it was embarrassing as . If not for her knee-weakening gorgeous face, I would’ve sworn to swear to never relive the memory in my mind. 

 

Unfortunately for me, she just happened to be there. A glorious face as if an angel decided to pay the human realm a visit. It happened exactly like that too. 

 

I was engaged in a conversation with the cashier for my order when my ears caught a melodic voice. It sounded so symphonic that I thought an angel decided to sing me a lullaby while I was ordering my coffee to give me a sign to retire from caffeine addiction. 

 

Instantly, I whisked my head in the direction of the feather-like voice and the owner didn’t disappoint. By that time, I was convinced that it was my time to ascend to heaven and the girl standing beside me was my guardian angel. 

 

Not that I’m sure I’m going to heaven, but yeah. 

 

She was talking to the other cashier with such a delicate tone as if she was caressing the air gently. Her face was akin to a celestial being, an ethereal beauty that seemed to be made once in a thousand years, the way her eyebrows softly creased when the cashier repeated her order had my heart fawning over her. 

 

Then her lips curved, turning into a thin smile that flashed her shallow dimple. She should’ve warned me cause I was ready to worship her like a god. She wasn’t smiling to me but it caused a whirlwind in my stomach. What would happen to me if she flashed that sweet smile of hers at me? I never badly envied someone else’s life until then. I felt my knees getting pulled by the ground, I had to hold onto the counter to fight that urge.

 

A few minutes after that, she slowly turned her head and I finally believed that the most cliché moment in the romance genre actually happens. 

 

My world slowed down, none else mattered but the portrait of her face slowly averting to me, I was blessed with her gaze, sparkling doe onyx that mirrored my existence. I knew my breathing stopped and perhaps my heartbeat went along, I met her gaze not before secretly glancing down to her light pink tinted lips. 

 

I’ve only noticed that her hair was ginger coloured, neatly kept behind her and it complimented her fair skin. She held my gaze longer than I thought and I was internally panicking whether to let go. Amid my chaos, I noticed how she gently raised both of her eyebrows and tilted her head as if she was pointing at something behind me. 

 

As the obedient person I am, I followed her gaze, only to lead me to a fuming cashier that apparently has been sending me death glares. Blood rushed up to my whole face even the aircon couldn’t make me cold because of embarrassment. 

 

To my disappointment, she wasn’t where I left her with my gaze. A man replaced her spot, disappointing, yeah, I know. I twisted my neck almost 360 trying to find Ms. Angel but like a supernatural being that wasn’t meant to be seen by my human eyes, she disappeared. 

 

That was our first and last interaction, would it even be called an interaction? We barely interacted and I left a really embarrassing impression. Well, at least I gave her something to remember about me, right?

 

I tried to find her in the coffee shop again, it has been a week since that moment and I never saw her again. I even spent my whole weekend in the coffee shop just to get a glimpse of her but it was to no avail. 

 

She struck me like lightning, paralyzing me with her beauty and leaving me with her voice ringing in my ear nonstop. At this point, I’m more than willing to receive a scar from her figuratively and literally speaking. 

 

“That’s disturbingly creepy, Rina,” I heard a voice that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter