Learning To Love

Learning To Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“I don’t know Soo…” Baekhyun shook his head and looked up from the papers he was grading. “The last time I thought a guy had the slightest chance, Mongryong bit him.”

Kyungsoo snorted a half laugh. “Yeah, but the prick deserved it. We didn’t know Nini’s coworker was such an arse in real life when he wasn’t kissing my boyfriend’s arse at work.” He straightened up from where he had been leaning against the teacher’s desk. “I guess we could start having Mongy meet any potential suitors first, since he seems to know what’s what.”

“Yeah. I mean, he’s never bit ME, so…” Baekhyun cocked his head a little and pursed his lips as though thinking seriously, but then caught eyes with his friend. Both men broke out into peals of laughter. Right on cue the bell rang in the corridor. 

“That’s the end of lunch. I’d better get back across the hallway before the kids start coming back.” Kyungsoo started walking to the door.

“We know they’re all DYING to take that math quiz you threatened yesterday.” Baekhyun grinned.

“I only threatened the late ones, Baek.”  Kyungsoo said, walking out into the hallway.

“Hey, you said Nini is late all the time! Do you make him do math quizzes too?” Baekhyun called out, biting back a smile.

Kyungsoo looked back and forth quickly to make sure he wasn’t being watched, then flipped his friend off, sticking both of his middle fingers up while sticking his tongue out. Baekhyun cackled uproariously and shook his head, then went back to grading papers.  

Kyungsoo went over to his own desk and sat down with a sigh. It was good to see Baekhyun in a happy mood. But his friend deserved to be happily in love as well. It had been too long since Baekhyun had been in a relationship. He was smart, sweet, funny, and sincere. A total catch for some lucky guy that just hadn’t come along yet. 

Finding that mystery man had proved to be a huge challenge so far. Baekhyun didn’t deserve to be hurt again and although Kyungsoo had tried his darndest, he hadn’t found a lot of guys that might be worthy of being someone special to his friend. Unfortunately, for every one sliver of possibility, there were at least ten idiot losers lurking around. It was understandable that just last week Baekhyun had said he was getting tired of blind dates.

Baekhyun had always been an angelic-looking guy with an angelic personality. Freshman year of high school the girls all flocked to him, hoping to eventually be asked out. He respectfully turned each of them down, explaining it wasn’t their uality, but his own that was the reason he didn’t want to date them. Some of the girls and a few guys that had an ounce of sense became friends with the quiet yet perky student, increasing Kyungsoo’s circle of friends in the process. By Baekhyun’s Sophomore year the entire student body knew of the kind, optimistic beauty with the perfect GPA.

Evidently that was enough for one of the popular jocks to arrogantly demand Baekhyun to go out with him. The jock’s attitude and demeanor were a complete turn off, so the outcome was predictable. But when Baekhyun turned him down, the guy took his hurt pride and started talking behind closed doors to whoever would listen. 

What followed over the rest of Baekhyun’s high school career was an almost laughable nightmare where he would be wooed by a seemingly sincere individual, only to be called all sorts of things and dumped when he didn’t let them take him to bed within the first week or two of dating. It wasn’t that he was against . Baekhyun just thought it should mean more than just satisfying hormonal urges. So in return for his reluctance, he was ridiculed and dumped, and then ridiculed some more. This happened time and time again, and eventually Baekhyun turned down any prospects regardless of their personality. He just couldn’t trust in romance. 

College brought new opportunities. But since Baekhyun wasn’t keen to follow the trend of jumping into bed with random hookups, he wasn’t very active in the dating world. He did finally lose his ity late in his second year, but things went downhill after the fellow decided he now owned the studious beauty. Thankfully, shortly after that Baekhyun was granted a chance to study in America, which he happily accepted and got away from the clingy casanova. But American guys turned out to be just as fickle as Korean guys, and once again Baekhyun didn’t have a lot of success with romance as he finished his college years. 

Now here he was, two years back in Korea, and a year and a half into being an English teacher. He taught the older classes at the elementary school only four blocks from the house he had grown up in as a child. 

Kyungsoo had grown up just down the street from him in the large town, and by luck the childhood friends had both ended up as teachers in the same school. It was a comfort to both of them to see each other each day just like they did growing up.

And now Kyungsoo was in a successful long-term relationship with his loving boyfriend, Jongin. Why couldn’t Baekhyun have a great love in his life as well? It wasn’t fair.


 

A few weeks later, the heavily pregnant music teacher for the upper classes decided to start her maternity leave early. At assembly the last morning before the weekend, the principal, Kim Junmyeon, announced there would be a new teacher filling in the music teacher’s position for the remainder of the school year. The whole school was curious to see who this mysterious Mr. Park might be. Coach Oh, the physical education teacher seemed to be pleased at the principal’s announcement, although Baekhyun and Kyungsoo both knew the enthusiasm that Oh Sehun showed was likely because it was Kim Junmyeon doing the talking. The principal and the P.E. teacher had embarrassingly huge mutual crushes that were obvious to everyone except each other. Kim Junmyeon could have announced that a dancing monkey would be the one filling in and Oh Sehun would still be the most supportive and happiest man in the room.

Baekhyun went home with Kyungsoo that evening and enjoyed a delicious home-cooked meal. They spent most of the evening gossiping about the principal and P.E. teacher, while only briefly speculating about the new music teacher.

By the following Monday, Baekhyun had almost forgotten about the new teacher that would be starting that day. That morning, he ran out of time to bring his coffee from home, so Baekhyun decided to get some from the teacher’s lounge. As the English teacher walked into the room he saw a group of teachers, most of them female, that were crowded around a tall man. Baekhyun went over to the coffee pot and emptied a packet of sugar into his cup then began to pour coffee for himself, internally shaking his head at the excited chatter of the teachers. Just as he finished pouring and put the pot down, the tall man in the center of the room turned around, and Baekhyun had to catch himself from letting his coffee cup slip out of his hand. Large eyes of a rich chocolate color, a soft nose, dark hair with bangs arranged in a comma style while allowing a wide forehead to show, shyly smiling mouth with plush lips, and the cutest little dimple on the man’s left cheek all but took Baekhyun’s ability to think away. The English teacher stood there for a second without realizing he was staring. 

Mr. Kim, the over-enthusiastic science teacher, bounced over to Baekhyun. “Mr. Byun! Come meet our newest faculty member!” 

Baekhyun tried to cover his startled reaction by taking a quick drink of his coffee. Which was a mistake because then he was coughing the steaming liquid back out of his suddenly scalded windpipe. A deep voice was immediately at his side. “Goodness! Are you alright Mr. Byun?”

“I-ugh! I’m fine! Thank you…uh..” Baekhyun looked up into the chocolate eyes that had distracted him only seconds before. “You know my name?” he asked, slightly dazed.

“Well, Mr. Kim just said it, so…” the tall man said a little sheepishly, then seemed to remember himself. “I’m Chanyeol! Park Chanyeol.” He offered his hand in greeting.

Baekhyun transferred his coffee to his left hand and shook the proffered hand briefly. “P- pleased to meet you Mr. Park. I’m assuming you’re the new music teacher.” He pulled his hand back and mentally patted himself on the back at his quick recovery as he held his coffee cup with both hands and took a careful sip.

“Yes. I’m filling in for Mrs. Choi for the remainder of the year.” the tall man confirmed.

Baekhyun nodded but then the first bell of the morning rang loudly, saving him from having to respond verbally. He smiled at the new music teacher then moved past him to leave the lounge. As he carried his coffee cup out into the hallway Baekhyun missed how the tall man’s eyes trailed after him and lingered on the doorway long after.  


 

The rest of the day, the only thing all the students seemed to be interested in talking about was the new music teacher. It was almost to the point of distraction in class. Later that evening as Kyungsoo and Baekhyun talked on the phone, they compared notes about how many times they had to say “I don’t know." to a student when asked about Mr. Park. Baekhyun laughed hysterically when Kyungsoo told him that his boyfriend, Jongin, had suggested they make that into a drinking game.


 

On Wednesday, right after the bell rang for lunch, Kyungsoo jogged across the hallway into the English teacher’s classroom. “C’mon Baek! You said you’d eat with me today.”

Baekhyun grumbled good naturedly. “Alright, alright. I’m coming.” He closed his textbook then pulled out his desk drawer and put his pencil and notebook away. “I don't know why I have to come with you, when you’re the one that got ered into being one of the cafeteria monitors this semester.” 

Kyungsoo laughed. “You know you’d miss me if you didn’t come along. Besides.. “ he shrugged. “I didn’t actually get ered into it. Principal Kim asked nicely and I agreed.”

“Why did you agree, anyway?” Baekhyun asked as they walked down the hallway.

“I figured a change in scenery for lunch wouldn’t hurt once a week.” Kyungsoo said. He stopped at the entrance to the cafeteria then raised an eyebrow at the scene. “And there’s another change in scenery..” 

Baekhyun looked where Kyungsoo was looking. Within line of sight of the doorway, the new music teacher was seated beside Oh Sehun, the Physical Education teacher, and the two men were carrying on an obviously engaging yet hushed conversation. 

This wouldn’t be so strange, except that the P.E. teacher generally didn’t show a lot of change in expression, and he also didn’t stay in the cafeteria to eat his lunch, opting instead to take a purchased sandwich and sit on the bench under the large oak tree outside. The fact that the usually stoic P.E. teacher was smiling at the new music teacher made many of the students in the room very curious. 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun exchanged a glance. Then they walked towards the food kiosks while doing like everyone else in the large room was doing and trying to not so obviously watch the unlikely couple sitting together. The friends each selected food and placed the items on their trays, not saying a word as they made their way over to the register.

“Do you think they’re dating, Mr Doh?” the lunchlady asked as she totaled the cost of Kyungsoo and Baekhyun’s food and rang it into their school charge accounts. The old woman didn’t even have to mention the two individuals she was speaking of, instead making it very obvious by turning and looking over her shoulder.

Kyungsoo made a slightly pensive face. “I don’t think it’s wise to jump to any conclusions, Mrs. Jung.”

The lady leaned in, obviously excited to share gossip. “Evidently they’ve been spotted outside of school together. Three of the older students said Mr. Park and Coach Oh were seen together at the same movie theater the girls went to Monday evening.”

Kyungsoo picked up his tray of food with finality. “He is new to the area, so I’m sure it’s comforting to him to be able to make friends.”  He indicated with his head to Baekhyun and they both walked away from the curious woman. About three tables over from the subjects of gossip, two students were just vacating a table as the two teachers walked up so Kyungsoo and Baekhyun set their trays down at the handy spot and sat down.

Kyungsoo scoffed as he picked up a french fry. “The guy’s been here less than a week and they’re already gossiping about him.” He glanced at Baekhyun who seemed to be lost in thought as he looked across the room at the other two teachers. “Hey, Baek. Is something wrong? You haven't even touched your food yet.”

“Oh. No, I’m fine.” Baekhyun responded, and quickly turned his attention to his friend. He grabbed one of Kyungsoo’s french fries and stuck it in his mouth with a grin. 

“Hey!” Kyungsoo protested but the fake offended look on his face turned to real surprise when another hand appeared and grabbed a fry. 

“Hi Principal Kim!” Baekhyun smiled at the principal as the man sat down with them at the table. 

Kyungsoo sighed in resignation and turned his tray around for all three of them to reach the fries on his plate. He reached for another fry then nudged his friend under the table with his foot. “So our new staff member seems to be making friends easily.” he then commented in a casual tone and indicated over his shoulder with his french fry while looking closely at the principal. 

Baekhyun enjoyed being able to hang out with his long-time friend every day and the students could be nice when they wanted to, but the most fun thing about working at the school was the daily drama of the principal and the Physical Education teacher and their not-so-secret interest in each other. Ever since the P.E. teacher had joined the staff last year their mutual attraction had been obvious to everyone within practically a mile radius of the school. There was no end of speculation as to what would finally make one of the should-be-lovers snap and finally make a move. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were just as eager to see the two get together, and they didn’t mind trying their luck at getting a rise out of one of the two ignorant men from time to time. 

Baekhyun swallowed his smirk and kept his tone casual as well. “Very easily.” 

The principal took the bait. “Well! I guess some people just know how to get along with strangers!” he said, and grabbed another fry from Kyungsoo’s plate.

“They don’t seem like strangers to me.” Baekhyun commented casually. 

“Yes, well. Good for them!” the principal snapped, angrily munching on another french fry. 

Kyungsoo grinned. “Leave some for the rest of us, Principal Kim,” he said with a teasing tone. 

The principal startled and looked down at the small pile of what was left of the fries. “Oh! I’m sorry boys! I’ll.. I’ll go get you some more.” He gave one last look over at the music teacher and P.E. teacher, then got up and hurried away to the food kiosks. 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo barely kept their laughter in long enough before he was gone, then dissolved into snorts of hilarity. As they bent over the table in laughter, they missed where the two teachers across the room looked over at the sound, and the calm smile of the music teacher.  


 

Later that afternoon the last bell rang and the students all piled out into the hallways to get their belongings together and go home. Baekhyun lingered like he always did, slowly gathering leftover pencils and occasional trash, straightening chairs, erasing the whiteboard, and other tidying up. He had just put the last whiteboard marker away when a tall shadow loomed in the doorway of his classroom. As he looked up, the new music teacher knocked lightly on the doorframe. 

“Um, hi..” The man’s deep tone was as gut-stirring as Baekhyun remembered from his encounter in the teacher’s lounge Monday morning. 

Baekhyun had to internally collect himself quickly before he responded. “Yes?”

The music teacher walked into the room. “I was wondering if you might know of a place where I can get good tteokbokki around here? Since I’m new to town I don’t know all the restaurants that well.” he said, propping himself against the wall next to the door.

Just at that moment, Kyungsoo walked into the room, not noticing the music teacher as he walked over to his friend’s desk. Baekhyun jumped at the lifeline. “Hey Soo, what was that place your auntie loves to go when she doesn’t want to make her own tteokbokki?”

Kyungsoo quirked an eyebrow. “You mean the Lee’s place next to the fancy new hair salon with the pink and purple doors?”

Baekhyun smiled his thanks then leaned around his friend to speak to the tall man next to the doorway. “That’s the place. It’s only three blocks from here so you should be able to find it easily.” He ignored how Kyungsoo whipped around in surprise to see who Baekhyun was talking to. “All the food is good there, actually. So if you change your mind before you get there, you should still be able to find something you’d like to eat.” 

The music teacher blinked but then smiled. “Oh, that’s good. Thanks for the info!”

Baekhyun smiled back then turned to Kyungsoo. “I’m ready to go if you are!” He slung his carrier bag over his shoulder then walked over and nudged his friend by the elbow to get him to walk out the door. 

Kyungsoo had a feeling he might have interrupted something. He made a mental note as he let himself be maneuvered and smiled apologetically as he and Baekhyun walked by the music teacher. “Have a good evening Mr. Park.” 

The tall man gave a half smile and small wave, then stood in the hallway, watching the friends leave.


 

The next day Baekhyun didn’t see his friend arrive at his classroom until just as the bell rang to start the morning class. It wasn’t like Kyungsoo to be late, so this was a little concerning to Baekhyun but he wrote it off to possible influence from his friend’s boyfriend. Jongin was perpetually late to almost anything, but he was a loving and caring boyfriend and Baekhyun couldn’t be happier that his long-time friend had gotten himself such a wonderful guy. 


 

By the time the bell rang for lunch, Baekhyun was ready to tease his friend about possible extra-curricular activities (read: with the boyfriend) that had made him arrive late to school that morning. But after the students cleared out of his classroom, the English teacher was surprised to find that instead of his friend, it was the music teacher once again knocking at his door.

“Mr. Park..?” he asked hesitantly. 

The tall man’s smile grew a little wider. “Mr. Byun! I wanted to thank you for your recommendation yesterday. The tteokbokki was delicious, and I also enjoyed the side dishes and the atmosphere in the restaurant. Great choice!” 

“I’m glad you liked it.” Baekhyun smiled back. “Did you have any trouble finding the place?”

“No, it was easy to find, just like you said!” Mr. Park seemed to bounce on his feet a little in his eagerness.

Baekhyun couldn’t help an inward chuckle. It was cute to see a grown man acting childish like that. He waited but the music teacher lingered without saying anything further, still bouncing just a little as he looked at him. “Um.. Did you.. need anything else?” Baekhyun asked slowly. 

This seemed to snap the man out of his reverie and he stopped bouncing. “Oh! Yes. I wanted to ask if you knew of other places that you might recommend I discover.”

Baekhyun looked puzzled. “I thought Coach Oh had been showing you around town already?” he asked.

The music teacher seemed a little surprised. “Oh um.. Yes. He has. But I wanted to get your opinion.” he added emphatically. 

Baekhyun tried to look and see if Kyungsoo would be coming over to his room, but oddly the math teacher was nowhere in sight. And the tall man at the door was still looking at him expectantly, making Baekhyun feel a little panicked. “Um. I- I have a dog!” he blurted out.

“That- uh..” It wasn’t a surprise that the music teacher was confused. “That’s nice? I like dogs.”

“Sorry- I mean- I could show you the park where I like to take my dog. It’s not as well known, and I’ve never seen Coach Oh there so he probably doesn’t know about it, but it’s really nice so.. If you want- I mean I don’t know if you want to go.. to a park. ” Baekhyun tried to explain himself but then realized he was rambling. 

But thankfully, Mr. Park smiled. “That sounds fun. When do you plan to take your dog there this week?””

“Oh, Mongryong would go every day if I let him. But I try to hold him to four times a week.” Baekhyun replied, not knowing Kyungsoo was right around the corner, facepalming at his friend’s awkwardness.  

“So.. how about this afternoon?” The small bounce was back as the music teacher asked.

Baekhyun shook his head with a small frown. “No... He went yesterday so he’ll have to wait until tomorrow.” 

“Oh. Well, that’s ok. Maybe you can show me somewhere else instead this afternoon. If you’re not busy, I mean.” The tall man seemed determined to be in a positive mood. And for some reason he was also determined to spend some time with Baekhyun. Baekhyun wasn’t sure how to feel about that. 

He decided to stick with his routine for now. “Actually, tonight is my laundry and catch up night. I don’t like to leave my laundry for the weekend, and while it’s washing is the perfect time to catch up on my reading that I usually have to put off till the weekend.” Baekhyun explained.

The music teacher looked amused. “Sounds sensible. I guess I could follow your example and take care of my laundry tonight as well. What are you planning on reading?”

“I’m over half-way through a book titled Northanger Abbey. I’ve read it before but it’s been a while since last time and I’m hoping to finish this week. I read in English to keep my skills up..” Baekhyun said but caught himself as he realized he was starting to ramble again.

Mr. Park didn’t seem to mind. “Austen. Nice…” he said appreciatively.

“Oh!” Baekhyun remarked in surprise. “You’re familiar with Jane Austen?”

“My mother has a full set of translated works by Austen that she read out loud to my sister and me when we were younger. I was actually a great fan of Captain Tilney.” 

“Wow..” Baekhyun was amazed. But his additional comments were cut off by Kyungsoo choosing that moment to enter the room. 

“Oh hi there Mr. Park! Hey Baek, I brought you some gimbap.” He plopped the food down on the English teacher’s desk. “I didn’t see you in the cafeteria so I figured you might run out of time to buy something for lunch.” He looked back at the music teacher. “Sorry I didn’t bring you anything.” 

Mr. Park chuckled. “Not a problem. I have a peanut butter sandwich in my classroom. I plan to have that as long as no one tells on me about eating near the instruments.” 

Kyungsoo grinned. “Your secret is safe with us.”

Baekhyun pointed out the window to the large oak tree where a figure was sitting. “You could also avoid that problem and join Coach Oh outdoors.”

The music teacher made a wry face. “Actually I think he wants to be alone today.”

“Ohhh.” Baekhyun lifted his eyebrows as he picked up his food. ”Lovers quarrel?” he asked, trying to sound casual.

“Wha-? Oh, you think we-” Mr. Park’s response was interrupted by the smiling, energetic science teacher knocking soundly on the doorframe of the English teacher’s room.

“Mr. Doh! There you are!” the newcomer exclaimed loudly. “I could really use your help!”

“We’re all friends, Kim Jongdae. You can call me by my first name.” Kyungsoo responded, rolling his eyes.

“Whatever! There’s an argument going on in the cafeteria and several of the students are trying to turn it into a food fight!” the teacher said hurriedly. “C’mon!”

“Well !” Kyungsoo jogged to the door and quickly followed the man down the hallway, leaving Baekhyun suddenly alone with Mr. Park again.

The music teacher cleared his throat. “Well…I guess I’d better go eat my sandwich before the lunch period ends.” he said awkwardly.

Baekhyun held up the food that Kyungsoo had brought him. “And I’d better go ahead and eat this before my students start showing up.”

Mr. Park backed reluctantly to the door and gave a little wave. Baekhyun caught himself almost waving back with the gimbap, so he just smiled instead and put the food back down on the desk. The music teacher responded with an affectionate smile and left the room.

 

That afternoon as they were leaving the school building Baekhyun remembered how Kyungsoo had arrived at his classroom seemingly at the last minute that morning. 

"So…  Did Jongin give you a good reason for running late today?" he cheekily asked his friend with a nudge and a wink. 

Kyungsoo was puzzled for a moment.  "No? We've actually only been texting the last few days. He and Yixing have been working overtime on a work project. I'm looking forward to this weekend though.  Nini promised me date night on Saturday with a sleepover." He wiggled his eyebrows and grinned before walking over to his car.

Baekhyun laughed as he walked up to his own car. “Well at least you should be getting some soon then!” he called out before getting in and closing his door.

Kyungsoo sputtered in embarrassment and quickly got into his own car as a couple of students stared in amazement at the exchange.



 

At the last bell the following day Baekhyun was not surprised to hear a knock at his classroom door. He looked up from the papers he was grading to see the now familiar tall figure of the music teacher coming into the room. 

Baekhyun couldn’t help a little smile. “Mr. Park…”

“Mr. Byun.” the music teacher smiled back. “I was hoping it would be ok if I join you this afternoon at the park you mentioned yesterday?” 

“Oh! Right… Um. Do you know the river that runs through the east side of town?” When the music teacher nodded, Baekhyun continued. “There are two bridges that cross it. I can meet you on the bridge that has the blue handrails.”

“Blue handrails. Got it. At what time?” Mr. Park asked.

“Is seven o’clock ok?” Baekhyun responded with his own question.

“Sure! Seven sounds great!” The bounce was back in the music teacher’s response. Baekhyun couldn’t help his grin, which the tall man easily returned.

Baekhyun felt startled at the bright teeth-rich smile being directed at him, but he tried to hide his suddenly pinking cheeks as he tucked his head to look down at the papers he had been grading. Mr. Park noticed the appealing blush but wisely chose to leave the English teacher alone for the time being. “I’ll see you at seven, then!” he said. After the blushing teacher had nodded his agreement the music teacher left the room.

Baekhyun left out the breath he hadn’t realized he was holding. This Mr. Park was very attractive. But Baekhyun knew better than to get his hopes up. He’d been disappointed by romance far too often to read into anything the music teacher might say or do. The man was just a colleague and Baekhyun was just giving him information to learn how to better get around town.


 

At 6:55pm Baekhyun let Mongryong lead the way as they walked onto the bridge with the blue handrails. The dog was in a great mood since he knew where he was and that the park was close by. Baekhyun was also in a good mood as he quickly spotted the music teacher standing on the top of the arch. 

As the tall man turned around, a small light-colored dog in his arms came into view. Baekhyun couldn’t help inwardly cooing at the cute puppy that looked so much smaller in her owner’s large hands. The music teacher introduced Baekhyun first and the English teacher was immediately smitten with the maltese-poodle named Zzar. The little baby and her owner were then introduced to Mongryong, who seemed to be happy to meet both of them. They all walked to the far side of the bridge and then Mongryong eagerly showed the way to a walkway that led to a park situated on the banks of the river, below the traffic line and partially underneath the legs of the bridge. They all followed the eager corgi, and soon came to a wide grassy lawn with trees sporadically lining the fully fenced in area. 

Mongryong bounced and barked at his owner, which made Baekhyun laugh as he bent down and unclipped his pet from the leash. Zzar had been wiggling eagerly in her owner’s arms as well, so the music teacher finally relented and reluctantly put her down on the ground. Within seconds Baekhyun was laughing at the tall man as he was pulled away from the English teacher with Zzar’s leash still looped around his wrist. Mr. Park valiantly followed his baby around for a little while, although he often looked up to see if Baekhyun was still watching him struggle. After the two men exchanged smiles half a dozen times, the music teacher finally bent down and unhooked the leash, letting Zzar run free with Mongryong barking encouragingly beside her. 

“I’ve only had her for three weeks so I’m still a little protective.” the music teacher explained as he walked back over to where Baekhyun was standing.

“That’s so sweet. I didn’t know you were a brand new daddy!” Baekhyun remarked. He was watching the dogs and didn’t notice the tall man’s eyes growing wide from the comment.  Baekhyun continued, “I’ve had Mongy for over seven years but I remember those early days as well.”

“Er-m.. Yeah!” Mr. Park seemed to struggle and his response was delayed for a second. “She- she’s seemed to warm up to me quickly and I’ve been happy with our progress so far.”

“That’s good!” Baekhyun replied.

They stayed silent for a few minutes, just watc

Please log in to read the full chapter