Chapter 06

Captivated Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In his large office, Baekhyun was busy going through stacks of reports and project updates. He carefully checked each one, making sure everything was in order. It took some time, but he finally finished reviewing all of them.

After that, Baekhyun had a busy day with many meetings, one after the other. In the first meeting, as the team shared their progress, Baekhyun noticed some differences between what he had originally planned and how things were going now. His expression changed from thinking deeply to looking a little bit let down as he listened to the updates.

Baekhyun's feedback during these sessions was direct and honest, he didn't hold back. He pointed out where things weren't on track, but he also acknowledged the hard work. Some might have felt a bit scared by his directness, but others realized that his main goal was to make things the best they could be.

On the other side, Serie was in a different building working hard as well. Her workspace was busy with her colleagues, all helping each other out. She was really into her work, typing away on her keyboard, making sure she finished everything on time.

Sometimes, in the middle of their busy workdays, they managed to find a short time just for themselves. They would quickly start a video call, and their faces would light up with happiness as they saw each other.

Baekhyun would talk to her in his calm voice, asking about her day and telling her about his own. Serie would respond with a smile, her eyes bright. They would share stories, laugh together, and sometimes Baekhyun would grumble about his work, making her laugh even more.

These video calls during lunch became their special time, a break from their jobs. The videos showed their real faces and feelings, making the distance between them feel little smaller. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a tiring day, Baekhyun returned home to a comforting meal prepared by his mother. He savored every bite, feeling a sense of warmth and nourishment. With the weariness still lingering in his bones, he decided to take a quick shower before slipping into his cozy pajamas. Finally, he settled into his comfortable bed, the soft glow of his phone casting a warm light on his face.

Knowing that Serie was likely in her own room after having dinner,he dialed her number. The familiar sound of the ringing echoed in his ear. After a few rings, she answered.

"Hey," Baekhyun's voice sounded soothing, like a comforting melody.

"Hi there," she responded, a touch of excitement evident in her voice.

"Have you had dinner?" Baekhyun asked with a warm tone.

Serie's voice was cheerfully confident as she replied, "Yep, I actually cooked today. Made some grilled chicken with roasted veggies."

"Wait a minute, did you really eat something you cooked yourself?" Baekhyun's voice was filled with a teasing playfulness.

Serie chuckled, "Believe it or not, I can be quite the decent cook when I want to be."

"Hmm, in that case, can I be lucky enough to be your taste tester?" he asked smirking eve if she couldn't see.

Serie's grin was audible in her voice, "Sure thing, I can make something for you."

"Well, now you've made me all impatient to try your cooking," Baekhyun said with a hint of eagerness, earning a chuckle from Serie.

"So, What did you have?" Serie asked curiously.

Baekhyun chuckled, " I had some delicious spicy tofu stew" .

Serie's voice was filled with interest, "Spicy tofu stew? That's sound yummy."

"Yeah, it was pretty good," Baekhyun replied, a smile evident in his voice.

Afterward, a brief silence enveloped them before Baekhyun decided to broke the silence.

"Serie," Baekhyun's voice softened, turning more affectionate.

She hummed in response, feeling the warmth of his attention even through the phone.

"Mind if we switch to a video call?" Baekhyun's request came through, his excitement palpable.

"Sure thing, just let me turn on the lamp," Serie said, reaching over to switch on the bedside lamp, casting a warm glow around her.

With the video engaged, they could see each other clearly. Serie, in her thin strap pajama top and shorts, appeared before him. Baekhyun found himself momentarily lost for words as he took in her appearance. Her hair was gathered in a casual ponytail, and she looked absolutely radiant.

"Um, Baekhyun?" Serie's voice broke the silence, a faint blush dusting her cheeks.

Baekhyun snapped out of his reverie, his admiration making him stumble over his words, "You—you look so beautiful."

Serie's blush deepened, "Oh, stop it," she murmured, a shy smile playing on her lips.

Baekhyun chuckled, "No, really. I mean it."

"Okay then, thank you, Mr. Baekhyun," Serie said in a playful tone, emphasizing the title.

Baekhyun chuckled, his voice carrying a warm undertone.

"Baekhyun?" Serie's voice sounded almost shy.

Baekhyun's response was immediate, his tone playful, "Yes?"

Serie's smile grew wider, her words a confession tinged with a touch of shyness"I-I really miss you, you know."

Baekhyun felt a rush of happiness surge within him. Knowing that Serie was usually a bit reserved with her feelings, hearing her say she missed him so openly made him feel like he was floating on air. A soft smile crept onto his lips, and he found himself blushing slightly, even if she couldn't see it through the phone.

And he found himself replying with heartfelt sincerity, "And I miss you too, Serie. More than you can imagine."

There was a pause, a serene silence where their emotions hung in the air like a delicate promise. Baekhyun's mind traveled to the moments they shared.

"Serie" he began,his voice warm "I can't wait to see you again"

"Yeah, me too, Baekhyun" Serie's response was equally soft.

"We'll try to meet this weekend," Baekhyun said.

Serie's response carried a mixture of hope and longing, "Yeah, I hope so too."

"Then... I'll call you tomorrow, hmm. I have these files I have to go through for a meeting tomorrow " Baekhyun explained.

Serie's understanding voice replied, "Sure thing, Baekhyun. Get your work done. Have a good rest after all that."

"I will, don't worry. Good night, and remember to have dreams of me," Baekhyun's tone shifted to playful, a mischievous edge to his words.

"Good night" Serie chuckled, feeling the lightness of their connection even as the call ended. Her heart felt lighter, a smile playing on her lips as she settled into the warmth of her bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 After a grueling morning filled with back-to-back meetings, Baekhyun finally had a momentary break. His secretary, Mr. Lee, informed him that he had a visitor waiting for him. Baekhyun let out an exasperated sigh, feeling frustrated at the timing of the interruption.

"Oh, for heaven's sake, just when I thought I could catch a breather," he muttered under his breath, his annoyance evident. However, amidst his irritation, a small flicker of anticipation stirred within him, wondering who could be visiting him.

As his friend Chanyeol walked into the room with his trademark goofy smile, Baekhyun's annoyance melted away, replaced by a mix of annoyance and genuine happiness.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun had known each other since they were kids, and their friendship had been a mix of ups and downs, with moments of strong connection and moments of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter