Chapter 2

My sister’s crown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already late when Jieun's talk with Baekhyun came to an end.

She looked up at the  dark blue sky. It reminded  her of a painting that someone had left unfinished. The stars reminded her of pearls that were scattered on the sky.


"Nights are so beautiful." She said as they both approached the castle.

 

It was no ordinary castle.

Ethereal kingdom was the biggest and oldest of all kingdoms with rich history.

Mystical beings and humans lived hand in hand until the war started. Who started it, the ones who were different. At least that's what tales told.

The castle was a joint work of art between humans and magical beings.

 

It had three towers. One for humans, one for the supernatural and one for them all.

 

Jieun lived in the supernatural side. 
 

To be honest Jieun didn't mind the supernatural. They were living beings with right to live. Right to freedom.

 

Sadly she was one of the few who thought that. Rest of the humanity appeared to be stuck in the hive mind that all that is unique must be destroyed. 
 

To which side did Baekhyun belong was a major mystery. By a good luck Jieun loved solving mysteries.  She had her personal mystery to solve.

Baekhyun striked as someone stuck inbetween two sides.

He admitted to war being evil, destructive and out of place yet brought up the idea that both sides where at fault which was out of ordinary take, especially for a counsellor. 
 

Possibly as there were two sides of the same coin, there were two sides of Byun Baekhyun. 
 

Jiuen hated engaging in talks with other royalties. They seemed so fake and only interested in her family's wealth.

Conversation with Baekhyun had a simple flow. They talked about big and small matters at the same time. 
 

"Hopefully I didn't bore you to death, Jieun." Baekhyun said. It was wonderful talking to you." 
 

Jieun forced a quiet laugh. " I should be the one asking you that!" Only few people could make Jieun laugh at her heart's content. Baekhyun had to step up his game if he wanted to make her laugh. 
 

Laughter was something personal. Jieun didn't like laughing. There wasn't really what to laugh about in these times.

Their conversation came to a halt abruptly as a guard came running towards them.

That rapid walk, those sharp eyes, it was Donghae. He was basically like an uncle to the girls. He had grown up with their father, one went on to become a king while other had to fulfill the duties of a guard.

"Leave her alone!" The guard shouted at Baekhyun.

 

This was a situation Jieun could laugh at only if she wanted.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter