Chapter 1

My sister’s crown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There is a place blessed with natural beauty and decorated with beautiful forests and a smooth flowing river. Protected by mountains there is a kingdom where a king , queen and their two princesses are ruling peacefully. 

One day a counsellor from Venus Kingdom Baekhyun comes to meet the king with the news that eclipses happiness, prosperity and peace. 

 

She didn’t know why but she felt nervous. Maybe it was the fact that they didn’t meet new people often. Or maybe it was something in his attitude that made her feel like that.

 

When Baekhyun made eye contact with Dasom, she couldn’t help but look away, forgetting about her status as the princess of the Ethereal Kingdom.

 

“ So,  Baekhyun, what is the reason for your visit?” King Seunghyun asked. 

 

Baekhyun looked at the king with a worried expression. “ Your highness _ Unfortunately I bring sad news. There have been sightings of dwarves around the Venus Kingdom. “

 

“Dwarves?” I thought that most of them were killed in the Great War, “ The king of Venus Kingdom said. '' Those who survived wouldn’t be that foolish to risk their lives by lurking around the kingdom, right?”

 

Baekhyun shook his head. “This is the second time we have seen mystical beings close to the kingdom. First were goblins, now dwarves.”

 

“And you only tell me now?” The king unconsciously raised his voice. 

 

“We thought that it was just a one time thing,” Baekhyun replied. 

 

“But now?” The king asked.

 

Baekhyun turned to the king with a serious gaze.

“We are suspecting that an attack might take place. “

 

“But they are smaller in numbers, not just dwarves but all mystical beings. At least those that are not on our side.” The king objected.

 

“ Your highness _That is the problem,”  The counselor said. ”We have a suspicion that they might be growing in size due to some black magic. “

 

“And how serious is the threat?” 

 

“Very serious,” Baekhyun replied. “ As the counselor of the king of Venus Kingdom I have come here to discuss the way we can beat them once again!” 

 

The king appeared to be deep in thought. Few minutes passed before he talked.

 

“This is not the talk for today,the sun has already disappeared. You won’t mind staying here for a few days while we discuss the situation, would you?” The king offered.

 

Baekhyun shook his head. “Not all, your majesty.”

 

“Great, see you tomorrow.” The king and counselor exchanged goodbyes.

 

When it was Princess Dasom’s time to exchange goodbye with Baekhyun she tried her best to avoid his gaze.

 

The whole situation was weird. Dasom didn’t like it one bit. 

 

Soon it was just Dasom in the room. Or so she thought.

 

Hearing quiet laughter startled Dasom. She had forgotten that Jieun, her sister and the future queen, was right beside her. She had been  focusing on Baekhyun too much. 

 

“What is so funny?” Dasom asked.

 

“Oh, nothing, just the way you were staring at Baekhyun. And avoided his gaze everytime he looked at you. Not very princess-like.” Jieun said, taking her raven black hair away from her ice blue eyes. Princess Jieun was very beautiful, looking like an ice queen both appearance and personality wise.

 

Dasom felt like rolling her eyes. “It wasn’t like that, but what do you know? Love is a foreign subject to you,” she said. 


 

Jieun seemed unphased by the remark. “The Queen needs to be strict and gain the respect of the people.”

 

“A little love won’t hurt. The Queen needs to think about what are the best interests of her people. She can’t do that if there is no love in her. “

 

“And you have love? Not ordinary love but real selfless love? Would you be able to love the people and only think of what is best for them?” Jieun asked.


 

“Better than you definitely. If I were the queen…”

 

“But you won’t be! “ Jieun exclaimed, not letting her sister finish the sentence. 

 

“Now, now, girls. What is up with all this fighting? Princesses don’t do that,” Queen Sandara attempted to stop the fight.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter