Hairdryer

Little Cues: A Dictionary of Affection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hairdryer
/ (ˈhɛəˌdraɪə) / noun. A hand-held electric device that blows out hot air and is used to dry and, sometimes, assist in styling the hair, as in blow-drying
Example: Hanbin is Hao's hairdryer in a personified manner.

Hao's hair is soft. Well, anyone's hair is soft, but Hanbin realised he enjoyed running his hands through Hao's locks all too often, to feel the black threads of softness weaving through the cracks of his fingers and slipping perfectly into place.

"Hyung, you should dry your hair before sleeping," Hanbin chided,  mechanically plugging in the Dyson hairdryer as Hao sprawled onto the bed, face flat into the pillows. 

Training was always tough and tiring, but even more so these days when their comeback was imminent. Surviving on just a few hours of sleep each day was a test of not just the physical body but the mental endurance, and even Hanbin found himself struggling.

But weary as he was, he would not stand for Hao sleeping with wet hair.

"Hyung," he whispered gently as he hoisted the boy up to lean against him at the edge of the bed. The vocalist let out a random cry that sounded neither Korean nor Mandarin, before crossing his legs promptly as Hanbin worked his magic.

Fingers gently tousled and combed through the silky locks under the warm currents, feeling more like a scalp massage lulling him to sleep even more. Hao yawned, shifting in his seated position where he said as still as a quiet, obed

Please log in to read the full chapter