Case Overdressed; Pre Planning

Literal Partners in Justice

Aleena's POV 

I am in geuine shock. Why is my mother encouraging me to sleep literally a few centimetres from a guy? This is outrages. "Mom, I think I can quickly swap my work clothes and -" I was cut off. "Nonsense, don't waste precious resting time and just stay here. It is not like you guys will be lying on the floor together. You sleep on the couch." My mother rolled her eyes at me . At the corner of my eyes, I can see Aiden's lip turned upwards slightly. This guy is enjoying moments of me being embarrassed by my own mother. Urgh!

"Fine, thank you mother." I said as I laid my head onto the pillow near the armrest. "Thank you again Ma'am." Aiden said. "Excuse me,  what did I told you about calling me ma'am? You can call me mom from now onwards okay. One more ma'am from you and I will get you to clean the whole house before New Year's Eve." Aiden let out a low chuckle. My mom closed the blind slightly before making her way upstairs. I looked over at Kaiden who had his eyes glued on his phone. Am I the only one feeling the awkward tenson in the air or is he feeling it too? "Aren't you going to rest?" I asked? "Maybe in a bit, I have to check my emails first." Aiden replied. "Alright. I will rest first. Goodnight." I smiled at him. "Goodnight, rest well Aleena." He returned my smile.

 

Kaiden's POV

First day of work together and already sleeping together? I mean technically it is just a nap and it isn't as though we are alone at her place . Besides, many of our stakeouts we do take turns to sleep while the other keep a lookout on our suspects. I aimlessly look through my emails, every now and then I took a glimpse at Aleena. She is fast asleep, slightly ajar, her chest raising in a constant motion. She looks kind of cute. Wait, what am I saying? I ruffled my hair with my right hand, shaking the thought out of my head. I must be really tired. I placed my phone under the pillow Aleena's mom provided for me to sleep on. I  stretched out both my hands and laid down on the carpet. I glanced up one more time to see Aleena's face before getting comfortable. I am looking forward to working on this case with Aleena to be honest. She really does not seem to be like the other female officers we have back at Yishun Divison. 

 

4 Hours Later

 

Kaiden's POV

I woke up from the vibration on my phone. I rubbed my eyes and stretch out my arms forward. That did not feel like 4 hours at all. I pushed myself into a seating position, stretching my leg as I do so. God, naps usually feel good but why does today's nap feel so short. I rubbed my hands on my face, slapping slightly to get the blood flowing into my cheeks. I turned my head to face Aleena, who is still sleeping soundly. Her hair flowing down the side of the sofa, her arms tucked under her cheek, mouth slightly ajar, chest heaving slowly. She really looks like an angel when she is asleep. 

I stretched my arm out leaning in towards her. I tap her shoulder in hopes she would wake up from my touch. Usually, us officers would be more inclined to be awake at the faintest touch or sound. That was embedded into our system because we have to be alert twenty four seven three six five or six days a year. No movement at all. "Aleena, wake up." I tap her shoulder a little harder. No reaction at all. I got up and knelt in front of her face. "Aleena. We got to go." No reaction again. How is she able to continue sleeping? I scanned her face, her eyelids, her nose and her lips. She is kind of cute sleeping. I pinched her nose, hoping for her to wake up.

Finally, she opened her eyes, visibly frightened. She sat up quickly and pushed my hands aside. "Why did you do that! !" Aleena exclaimed