4: Four Seasons (Pt. II: Winter and Fall)

The Night We Met
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1821
Land of Kwangya

Taeyeon’s father has been looking for a partner for his eldest child. He thinks that the time is right and that her daughter should marry and be prepared for duty as the heir to the throne. Her father’s wishes will be given no matter how often she refuses.

Is this all life will ever be? My fate will forever revolve around being what to do and telling people what to do.

When the castle sleeps and the night is deep, Taeyeon was putting on her dark cape and makes her way to her window to sneak out. She has known the way to not be seen by the guards, and if ever they do, they choose to ignore her antics. By now, the kingdom has gotten used to the princess’ behaviors. She made her way to the deepest part of the kingdom on foot. The laughter and stories filled the entire streets. This is what it means to be alive, she thought. There is music that originates from the end of the street and to her curiosity her feet picked up their pace until she stops. At the end of the road was a gathering of people, some sort of a party for the lower forms, a feast. Taeyeon’s smile grew bigger and bigger as she walked toward the crowd.

She settled at the back and watched the people around her. Some are clearly under the effect of what they call moonshine, but to her knowledge it is alcohol. She has seen and smelled such in their kitchen and to her father’s chamber to know what that is. She has never felt so elated simply by watching many people celebrate such. 

The girl in front of her bumped into her, who quickly turned and held her by the arm, “Oh, I’m sorry!”

Taeyeon smiled, “No, it’s fine.”

The other girl nodded. She adjusted her position so the girl could see what was happening before her.

“You’re seriously not liking this show!” The other girl uttered. When she received no reply, she looked at the girl she bumped into. Her hair is blonde, contrasting with the dark of the night. She is wearing a cape that she is sure did not come from the slumps. Her skin is fair and her smile, ooh, don’t get me started on her intoxicating smile. The light from the campfire is shining in her face but she has never seen a much brighter thing than her eyes which is clearly in awe of whatever it is that is in front of her, a clear giveaway. She was a child seeing the lanterns at night for the first time. 

The girl chuckled to herself and let the girl watch the parade and while the stranger do she is watching her. She took a sip of her moonshine that she forgot she has been holding. And when she did, the girl looked at her and the cup she was holding and gulped. 

“You want some?” she offered. This is the first time she has gotten a good look at her. If she was not mesmerized before, she is now. She was beautiful.

“Can I?” 
Manners. Cape. Fair. Blonde. Elegance. The stranger took a step when she realized who the person that is drinking her moonshine.

“Your… Ma… The princess.” She whispered in disbelief.

Taeyeon sighed and motioned her to keep quiet. She dragged the stranger to the roads where she was pacing earlier and talked to the girl.

“You recognized me? How?” 

“Trust me, no one could ever forget you.!” 

2023
Kwangya Club

“No offense, but why were you acting deranged when I talked to you earlier?” Hyoyeon initiated, “Kinda hurts my ego, I thought I was good,” she said rolling her eyes, acting offended.

Taeyeon let go of the breath that she did not she was holding, and scoffed at the younger girl’s remark. She was about to reply when the bartender, Yuri is it?, walked up to Hyoyeon and bid her goodbye. The club was set to close early tonight, she remembered.

“I’ll go ahead, Hyo… and Hyo’s friend? Hi, I’m Yuri!” Yuri introduced herself which made Hyoyeon burst into a fit of laughter. 

“Yuri? Seriously?” Yuri looked at her friend who was laughing and slightly hitting her, “You were talking to her first last night! You even introduced us, idiot!” 

Taeyeon was silent the whole time. She was watching the two girls argue, Hyoyeon trying to defend that Yuri does know her while Yuri is clearly lost on who she is. True, it was Yuri and I who talked first. I remember thinking that I will be going home with the bartender a week ago before this gorgeous DJ stood beside me.  

“No, seriously! A face like I will never forget.” Yuri replied. That made Taeyeon smirk, she looked at Yuri and whispered, “Hm, I dare you!”

Yuri scoffed, “Hmm, as much as I want to,” she pats Hyoyeon on the shoulder and said, “I think this one is into you.” 

“How come you don’t remember her?” Hyoyeon asked annoyed, rolled her eyes, and removed Yuri’s hand on her shoulder.

“Oh, come on, Hyo! I could never forget her if I did meet her, something about her is… I don’t know…  timeless.” 

Yeah, well try living for a hundred years, Taeyeon thought.


Hyoyeon was about to argue when Taeyeon placed her palms on the younger girl. Hyoyeon looked at her and sighed.

“I’ll leave you two alone. I heard there’s this 24-hour book café and the singer is really pretty… So,” Yuri uttered, “Bye, nice to meet you! Careful, this one’s a wild one!” Yuri teased Taeyeon as she points to her friend. Hyoyeon stood up and pushed her friend away.

“She’s just being stupid!” Hyoyeon apologized, “Seriously, I can’t believe she couldn’t recognize you!”

Taeyeon smiled poorly, “Seriously, why do you?”

“Why do I what?”

“Reco

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter