2: Deeper Into Me

The Night We Met
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyoyeon woke up as the sun coming from her window hit her eyes. Her hands immediately tried to search for nothing on the other side of the bed. Empty. Just like all her mornings. She stood up and made her way to the kitchen. While waiting for the water to boil, Bailey, her silver poodle, made her towards her lap. She was petting Bailey when she heard the whistle blown by the heater. She placed Bailey at the counter and made herself a cup of coffee. Time passed as she drinks coffee.

-

A few hours later, Hyoyeon is walking towards her morning work. She is wearing a jacket over her black and white sports bra and jogger pants. She works as an assistant choreographer in the morning. She assists, especially when dancers are pouring in, all wanting to be taught by now-famous choreographer and starting artist, Boa. To her, Boa is a senior and has a mixed-signal love affair. They used to spend the remaining hours when the sun is up by hanging out in the dance studio. Small talks turned to deep late-night talks. She remembers how every moment she used to watch Boa and the latter would linger when her hands connect to her skin whenever they dance.

She entered the building and made her way towards the dance studio. She sees several familiar faces. She immediately starts to help the girls work out for their dance practice. A girl went up to her and hugged her from the back and whispered, “Unnie!! Hello!!”

Seulgi. Her junior and incredibly talented girl. She is an all-rounder. Seulgi debuted in a company called SM Ent in a girl group called Red Velvet a month ago. Behind her were members, which Seulgi introduced to her Hyoyeon-unnie.

“Unnie, this is Yeri, our maknae. Joy, the tall one. Wendy, the English-speaking girl,” Seulgi giggled, “and Joohyun! You remember Joohyun right?”

Hyoyeon smirked at her as she mentioned Joohyun. She has watched the two girls practice when they were younger. She remembers choreographing one of the pre-debut performances of the two girls. Joohyun rolled her eyes at Seulgi and went in for a hug. Hyoyeon does not have a younger sibling hence she treasures these girls and wants to protect them. The other girls took turns saying hi to her and exchanging stories. Their catchup was interrupted when Boa clapped her hands, an indication that the dance practice is starting.

Boa demonstrated the choreography for the upcoming single of Red Velvet. Hyoyeon would not deny that Boa is the best dancer she has ever seen. Her grooves, her control, her footwork, her accuracy, everything is perfect. Clearly, everyone in the room is thinking the same thing. Everyone is watching her with an amused expressions. She had her down. To be honest, she memorized the dance just by watching her. She remembered what Yuri and Seulgi used to say, “If there is someone who can at least try to level with Boa’s talent, that’s you, Hyo!”

“Bye, unnie!” Seulgi hugged her once more and left.

Not to be that person, but she has always wondered why she didn’t debut like these girls. She knows her capabilities. She can outdance most girls in the industry but here she is, a backup dancer, an assistant to the famous Kwon Boa. She buried her face in her palms and tried to ignore the voices in her head.

“Rough day?” a voice startled her as her arms made their way to comfort the blonde. Hyoyeon sighed and leaned at Boa’s touch.

“Want a run?” Hyoyeon took the challenge and made her way towards the center while Boa chooses a song that they would dance into. Boa picked Stamp on It, a song by another girl group from SM Ent.

When the music is finished, Hyoyeon was slightly panting because the dance requires energy and many position switches. Boa was smiling at the younger girl. She has always recognized her potential, thus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter