Clandestine (teaser)

#NOWPLAYING: Taeyeon - Fabulous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now Playing: Taeyeon - Fabulous

 

 

***

 

 

The room was packed with cameras, microphones, and people preparing their notes or laptop. It was the press conference of the newly launched smart city in Anseong. The developer was CSW Property of Hwang Group, the biggest, wealthiest, most powerful corporation in South Korea. The door next to the stage was opened and the sound of camera shutter immediately heard inside the room. Three people walked to the stage and took their respective seat which had a placard of their names and titles on it. A tall woman took the left seat, wore a pair of branded blazer and trousers. Her hair was brown, she cut it short right mid-neck. The placard in front her was read: Choi Sooyoung, Head of Public Relations, CSW Property. On the right seat, a handsome man who had a warm smile plastered on his face, showing a dimple on his right cheek. Clad in Armani suits which couldn’t hide the well-built muscles underneath. He was Choi Siwon, the CEO of CSW Property. And in the middle of them, an elegant woman, dressed in white blouse and black pants. A red and black Gucci crystal brooch at the center of her white blouse collar. Aside from the brooch, her clothes seemed very simple, but everyone knew, all of them were definitely branded items. Her long natural jet black hair was curled at the end of it, making her even more noble than she already was. In the placard, it could be seen that she was the only person who was not from CSW Corporation. It was written: Tiffany Young, CEO of Hwang Group.

 

The man named Siwon took the mic and started to introduced himself and gave brief explanation about the newly developed smart city in Anseong. Followed by Sooyoung who gave longer explanation about all the facilities they would have there. And lastly, Tiffany told the medias about the infrastructure plan they had for the new project, as well as government’s support on this plan. After all those explanation, it was time for the questions and answers sessions. A tall young guy wore Naver baseball hat raised his hand, immediately got the attention from the three people on stage, and was excused to raise the question.

 

“Do you think your plan is more like revamping the whole city of Anseong and make a totally new city?” He asked his question.

 

Tiffany smile as she raised her mic to . “We don’t think so.” She answered with a smile. “Total area of Anseong is 554 kilometers square, while this new smart city is going to take only 50 kilometers square which means less than 10% of total area of Anseong.” She stopped herself right there before turning her head to the man next to him.

 

As if on cue, Siwon immediately added. “The focus of this new smart city is to provide better living, more job opportunities, and to support government on educations, healthcare, and sustainable city ambitions. Forty percent of private forest we acquired will be reserved for green space. That means, the development of the city would only take 30 kilometers square, and the rest of it would remain as green space.”

 

The Naver guy nodded as he jotted down Tiffany’s and Siwon’s explanation when other medias raising their hands for next questions. This time a girl wearing SBS shirt got her chance to ask. “Aside from supporting the government and expanding the business, may I ask why do you choose to develop a new smart city instead of developing a normal housing complex, or apartments complex in Seoul or Busan. The risk of developing new city is very big, and there’re proof of failure of new city ambitions across the globe. So, why smart city?”

 

This time, Sooyoung took the microphone and let out a chuckle. “Trust me, the chairman of both Choi group and Hwang group has warned these two about that.” That earned series of laughters from the medias in the room. “But Tiffany-nim and Siwon-nim managed to convince the chairmans with their reason. I think they can take your question.”

 

Tiffany giggled as she took her mic. “I can’t believe you spilled that in this press conference, Sooyoung-ssi.” And another round of laugh filled the room. “Siwon and I understand every single risk that possibly happen during this project. However…” she took a pause and smiled at the man next to him, before reaching his hand and holding it gently. “After we’re married and think about having children, we can’t help to wonder, what kind of future our children are going to live in?” Her smile went wider when Siwon slipped his fingers in between hers. “Not only for our children, but for the future generations of South Korea. Almost 40% of South Korea population are centralized in Seoul, Busan, Incheon, Daegu, and Daejeon. All because the opportunity of career offered in those cities. We would like to create new opportunities for our future generations. This new city is very small compared to those big cities I mentioned before. But, we think of it as our baby step to provide better future of next generations.”

 

The room was filled with silence after Tiffany answered the question. But everybody in the room had a smile on their face, and they felt warm at heart. If it was other tycoon who gave the answer, all the press would believe it was just a sugar-coated company script. However, all people in South Korea knew how soft-hearted Tiffany was. She was the founder of Hwang Foundation which provided jobless people training so they could start their own small business, or made them secured a job in a company. She was the founder of Pink Foundation who helped people with cancers and had it’s reputation for its hefty donation to find the cure. She was the Hwang who founded all the foundations in Hwang Group. She was the Hwang who stole the heart of South Korea citizens.

 

“Do you plan to live in that new smart city?” Another question was raised by one of the pressman asked.

 

Tiffany and Siwon looked at each other with a wide smile on their face. “Yes we do.” Siwon took the initiative to answer and Tiffany’s smile went wider.

 

The press conference continued with Sooyoung, Siwon, and Tiffany answered the questions one by one. Of course the one who stole people’s attention was the couple made in heaven, Siwon and Tiffany. They were like prince and princess that came out the fairytale books and becoming human. Tiffany who was always gracious from head to toe. Siwon who had face and body of an idol. They were perfectly suited for each other, that people of South Korea even named them as Nation’s Couple.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter