Prologue

MORON
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Praaaaanggggg!!!!

 

Shards of glass litter the white mosaic floor as a picture frame crashes down from the living room shelf. The medium-sized frame, painted in gold and decorated with delicate scrollwork, lands with a clatter, shattering the glass cover into a thousand pieces. The smiling faces of a couple and their two sons, frozen in a photograph, lie scattered among the debris.

 

There, a quite tall and skiny guy stands stiffly staring at the broken glass frame. His eyes begin to turn red. Fine veins appear in the whites of his eyes. His lips move as if to say something that stuck in his throat. His body also trembles as he tightly hugs a white rabbit plushie.

 

"What is that noise?" shouted another guy who has hastily entered the house. As his two clear eyes fix on the scattered glass on the floor, his expression instantly turns sombre before transforming into a fierce one. That guy in the school uniform looks as if the fire of anger begins to burn inside him. 

 

Now his eyes stare sharply at the skiny guy, who still stands there stiffly.

 

"NA JAEMIN! You are useless!" growled Jeno. And without waiting even a second, he grabs Jaemin's hand and drags Jaemin out of the house. Once they are outside, he pushes Jaemin to the ground without hesitation.

 

"Can't you if a day doesn't make my life miserable! If I hadn't promised our parents to take care of you, I'd have killed you long ago. Why have a moron like you in the house? You only bring bad luck!" Jeno take out his anger on Jaemin.

 

Yes, Jaemin is not born like normal people. He suffers from a type of mental retardation or intellectual disability and always being called 'Moron' . His brain function is weak from birth. He can't read or write, can't think like people his age and his speech is also a bit slurred and stuttering. 

 

In the eyes of those around him, Jaemin is not a perfect human being, but there is something they overlook. Imperfection is what makes a person special in the eyes of the Creator.

 

Jaemin groans in pain as his elbow is wounded after hitting a big rock when he fell earlier. But Jeno seems do not care about his brother's condition at all.

 

"What else are you doing! Get up quickly. Are you going to sleep on the ground?" said Jeno while looking at Jaemin with a scowl.

 

Although some parts of his body ache from the fall earlier, Jaemin still tries with difficulty to stand up and face Jeno, who is putting both hands on his hips like an army commander instructing his subordinates.

 

"Jeno-ah...don't be-be-be angry wi-with hyeong. Hyeong is scared whe-whe-when Jeno gets ang-ang-angry." After saying that, Jaemin lowers his face and gently holds his injured elbow.

 

Jeno smiles sarcastically when he hears Jaemin's voice. At that moment, he notices the blood running down Jaemin's arm from the wound on his elbow. Expressionless, he then looks directly into Jaemin's face, which contorts in pain. "What do you want me to do then? Do you want me to praise you? Or spoil you like our late parents did? Is that what you want from me? Hmph! Don't ever expect that. Even in my dreams I don't want to do that! My hatred for people like you will never go away. People like you... don't deserve to live on this earth, do you understand?!"

 

The wound on Jaemin's elbow feels even more painful after hearing those words come out of Jeno's mouth. 

 

"Jeno-ah, don't ha-ha-hate hyeong. Hyeong is sad that-that-that Jeno said that. Hyeong loves Jeno ve-ve-very much." Jaemin sincerely tells Jeno his love, while his moist and sad eyes look into Jeno's face.

 

"What?! What are you saying? You? Love me?? Huh! Go and die with your love. I don't need love from a moron like you! And if you really love me... why did you take my mother and father away from me? Why ... did you kill them?"

 

Jeno's question is like a sharp little needle that slowly pierces Jaemin's heart, and when the needle is pulled back, it leaves a tiny hole that can barely be seen but is enough to make his heart stop beating. 

 

Jaemin did not kill his parents. He loves them so much. There is no way he could have done that. At least that's what he wants to believe.

 

"You know, ever since I was little, mom and dad have never treated me the way they treat you. They treated you like you were the king in this house. As for me, I was taught from a very young age to be independent and take care of my own needs without anyone's help. You know, I was very jealous of you. They never said no to your requests. You got everything you wanted, including... the love from mom and dad that was supposed to be mine from the beginning. You will never know or be able to understand how I feel going through all this misery alone, with no one to take care of me. But I can't blame you, right? Because a moron like you will never understand other people's feelings!" Jeno bite his lower lip, holding back the anger, rage, sadness, and frustration that have gathered inside him.

 

"Jeno-ah, yo-yo-you are wrong. Mom and dad... lo-lo-love us as equals. The-the-they always te-te-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter