Chapter Two

Twice One-Shots

SaChaeng fluff 

“Purely fluffy SaChaeng” 
 

 

The colors began to blend together. The blues and the purples bled into the reds and the oranges. 

Chaeyoung used to love painting the sky. Specifically a sky where the sun was setting. All the different colors that make up a sunset are painted onto the canvas in front of Chaeyoung. 

She's painted so many sunsets now that they’ve started to become second nature for her, but if people wanted to buy her paintings, who was she to complain about the content of said painting? She feels grateful enough to be able to do what she loves as a job. Not many get to do the same. 

Even though she enjoys scenic paintings, her natural art style was very different. Chaeyoung's real passion was abstract art. Her notebooks are filled with odd doodles of inanimate objects with human faces or distorted self portraits.

Those drawings don't pay the bills however. 

The generic sunset paintings do. 

Her head was beginning to hurt, so she put down her paintbrush and wiped her hands of any wet paint. The action was redundant though. Dried paint was stuck underneath her fingernails and her clothes were almost permanently smattered with mismatched colors. 

She made her way out onto the balcony of her apartment. Her living space wasn't anything fancy, but the view from her balcony made it better than any luxury apartment in Gangnam. 

From here she could see Seoul at its finest. No, not the busy streets people often see on tv, but the quiet neighborhoods that surround the beating heart of the city. Chaeyoung thought this was the real beauty of such a metropolis. The people behind the buildings. 

Chaeyoung was so deep in her thoughts she was unaware of the person approaching her from behind. It wasn't until two arms snakes their way around her waist and she was trapped in the arms of this person did she realize she wasn't alone. 

She jumped a little but relaxed immediately after. There was only one person who had keys to her apartment. 

"Hey baby." Chaeyoung rubbed the arms that held her. 

"I called for you when I got in. You couldn't hear me?" 

"Sorry I didn't hear you come in." Chaeyoung turned around to look at her girlfriend. "I was just taking a break from work." 

"Mmm you were in your head again, Chaengie." 

The artist felt a little squeeze around her waist. 

“Just looking at the beautiful city, but now I have a much better view." Chaeyoung cupped her girlfriend's face and brought her in for a sweet kiss. 

Her girlfriend melted into the kiss, But Chaeyoung knew they'd get carried away if she kept going. Her girlfriend whined at the loss of contact. 

"How was your day, sweetheart?" Chaeyoung asked. 

"Fine. Classes were boring though." The girl huffed as she laid her head against Chaeyoung's shoulder. 

"Everything is boring to you if you're not actively doing something, Sana." Chaeyoung chuckled. Her hyperactive girlfriend always had a hard time staying still for a long period of time. 

"They could give us like a worksheet or something! I hate just sitting there listening to some old man talk for two hours." 

Chaeyoung could practically hear the pout on Sana's lips. 

"You're a business major, sweetie. What did you expect?" 

Sana heaved a dramatic sigh. "Tell me it'll all be worth it. All this school bull." 

Chaeyoung moved Sana off of her shoulder to grab hers. She wanted to make sure Sana was looking at her. 

"All of the hard work you're putting into this degree, will all be worth it. I promise." She brought their foreheads together. "And I don't think I could be more proud of you than I am right now." 

"Just a few more weeks left." Sana closed her eyes and said to herself. 

"Yes, you're so close honey." Chaeyoung planted a fat kiss right in the middle of Sana's forehead. "Now, what do you want for dinner?" 

Sana wrapped her arms around Chaeyoung, and began walking the both of them back inside. 

"You're making dinner?" 

"Yep! I figured we both had enough takeout for the week. I also bought some raspberries from the lady down the street." 

Sana sprinted into the kitchen leaving Chaeyoung behind to laugh. 

"You got me raspberries?! Aw baby, you shouldn't have. These must have been expensive." Sana said as she took the berries out the fridge and popped one in . "Mmmm!" Sana made a noise that had Chaeyoung smitten. 

"The raspberries gave me an idea actually." 

Sana put the raspberries back into the fridge, placing her hands in her hip. "No ma'am! You know we're having dinner with your brother on Sunday, I cannot have you marking up my neck." 

"No, not that kind of idea, Sana!" Chaeyoung's neck turned an embarrassing shade of red. She recalled the first time Sana met her brother. It was so embarrassing and her brother hadn't stopped teasing her about it for a solid month.

"Oh don't act like it wasn't a good guess." 

" Anyways , I was thinking since you don't have classes tomorrow, we could go out to the park for a picnic. The weather is supposed to be amazing." 

"That sounds perfect." You always have the best ideas, Chaengie." Sana crept back over to her girlfriend. “I love you." 

"Love you too, honey." 


 

The next day,  Sana and Chaeyoung were up bright and early for their picnic. They chose to go early to avoid as many people as possibly. Chaeyoung also makes the argument that Sana looks her most beautiful in the morning sun. 

With her notebook in one hand and Sana's hand in the other, Chaeyoung set out to find the perfect spot. Chaeyoung never left the house without her notebook. She never knew when she'd be inspired to start drawing. 

The shorter girl spotted a tree in the distance. The flowers on the tree were beginning to bloom. It would be the perfect spot to lay their blanket down. The tree would provide them with shade and a beautiful backdrop. 

Once everything was in its place, Sana plopped down onto the picnic blanket and patted the open spot next to her. 

"Come sit, Chaengie." 

How could Chaeyoung refuse such an offer? The pink from the blooming flowers looked beautiful behind Sana. It brought out the natural shade of pink in Sana's cheeks. 

Chaeyoung got comfy in her spot next to her girlfriend. She placed her notebook in front of her. 

"Did you bring me out here just so you could doodle the entire time?" Sana pouted. 

"No, I brought you out here because we've both been busy. Me with work and you with school. I wanted to have a day where we don't think about either of those things." 

"And the notebook? Isn't that technically working for you?" 

"You know I bring this thing wherever I go, honey. Just in case I get inspired." Chaeyoung leaned back on her elbows, enjoying the sun on her face. 

"You could always draw me, you know." 

"I don't draw people, Sana." Chaeyoung leaned over slightly to get closer to Sana. 

"You draw yourself all the time! I've seen it!" 

"That's different. There's no way I could draw  you and have it be half as beautiful as the real you." Chaeyoung jokingly said. Though she was playing around, she truly believed it was an impossible task to translate Sana's beauty onto paper. You had to see it for yourself. 

"Aw you sweet talker!" Sana lightly pushed Chaeyoung. "Still, you have such a magnificent way of seeing the world, Chaengie. I'd give anything to be able to see how you see me." 

"How I see you?" Chaeyoung asked. 

Sana's lips twisted to the side of . Contemplating continuing this line of conversation. It was supposed to be playful, but it could quickly turn into something else.

"I've never felt so seen before meeting you, Chaeyoung. You see everything so clearly. everything is art in your eyes. I wonder how I would look. What does Son Chaeyoung see when she looks at me?" It was almost as if Sana was talking to herself and Chaeyoung was just a spectator. She knew Sana wasn't looking for an answer right here, right now. 

She couldn’t help her hand that made its way into Sana's hair. She pushed it back so she could see Sana's face unobstructed. 

"You really want to see that?" Chaeyoung asked. 

"Don't get me wrong, I love to watch you paint your landscapes, but I know that's not you. I know you're only doing those paintings to get by." Sana took the hand that was in her hair and brought it to her lips to give it a light kiss. Chaeyoung could feel electricity shoot through her fingertips and up her arm from the kiss. 

"I know you do it to reach your goal of opening up your own gallery with your real art. I think you're so amazing Chaeyoung, I can't wait for you to reach that goal." Sana continued. 

Chaeyoung swallowed hard. Sana was so sweet, so supportive of Chaeyoung's art, but if she knew Chaeyoung wasn't saving money for her own gallery?

When they first met, that was certainly her goal. To have her own space where she can do whatever art her heart was inspired to do and give a space to others as well. She knew not having a proper degree or job would make it hard so she freelanced art to make money. 

That all changed when Chaeyoung and Sana got serious. Yes, her goal was still the same, but she began to put money aside for another dream of her's, a new dream. She let Sana still believe she was putting any extra money she made into the gallery fund, but in reality it was going to her savings account marked "ring fund." 

It wasn't long into their relationship when Chaeyoung knew Sana was something special. How the girl always seemed to have a smile on her face even when she was struggling. She didn't just energize Chaeyoung physically, but she energized her soul. 

Chaeyoung looked at Sana and wanted so badly to do it right now, with a promise of a proper ring when she could afford one, but the artist resisted. She wanted to do it properly, the way Sana deserved. Although she's sure Sana would be over the moon even if Chaeyoung tied a piece of string around her finger. 

"Chaeyoung?"

Sana's voice pulled Chaeyoung out of her thoughts. 

"Hmm?" 

"You went somewhere." Sana was looking curiously at her girlfriend. 

"Sorry, I was just thinking." 

"About?" 

"You." Chaeyoung saw the blush on Sana's cheeks. "Us." 

"What about us?" Sana asked. 

"About how my goal includes us now. I'm not just working for me, I'm working for us. For our future together." Chaeyoung looked away slightly, suddenly embarrassed. 

She couldn't see the goofy smile on Sana's face until Sana herself turned her head to face her. 

"My goal includes us too, you know." 

"Oh yeah, it's always been my dream to have a business degree." Chaeyoung jokes.

Sana lovingly rolled her eyes. "That's not what I meant! I just want whatever path I'm on to include you, Chaeyoung." 

"How did I get so lucky, huh?" 

"No, I'm the lucky one!" Sana yelled as she tackled Chaeyoung into a bone crushing hug. She nuzzled her face into the artist's neck, causing Chaeyoung to giggle. 

"That tickles, stop!" 

Sana laughed and then kissed the small tattoo underneath Chaeyoung's ear. A habit Sana formed not long after they officially became a couple.

"I guess we're both lucky then." Sana said in a low tone that made a shiver run down Chaeyoung's spine. "I love you, Chaengie." 

"I love you too, Sana." Chaeyoung wrapped her arms around the girl as they say there enjoying the spring air. 

Chaeyoung was itching to get home now. Not because she wasn't enjoying her time with Sana, but because she was buzzing with inspiration. She needed to get her thoughts and vision down on paper.

 She had the sudden urge to draw the person in her arms more than ever before.