Bus Boy

Bus Boy
Please log in to read the full chapter

When it came to restaurants, you trusted Seungmin with finding decent places. You’ve never had the greatest luck when picking spots to eat at - the horrible food poisoning still haunting your dreams - so you passed that duty onto your best friend. He just seemed to have this weird luck surrounding him, that no matter where you ate, the food was always amazing, the service was exceptional and it was always reasonably priced. 

So when he took you to some hole in the wall near the local university, you didn’t even bat an eye. For a Saturday afternoon, the place was bustling and after a 20-minute wait, the hostess was finally able to seat the two of you, leaving you with the promise of a server coming around soon. 

Soon came and went rather quickly. You were absorbed in the menu, trying to determine what exactly you were in the mood for when Seungmin sighed heavily and closed his menu. Looking up, you raised your brow. “What’s wrong?”

“We’ve been sitting here for fifteen minutes and no one has come by.” He muttered, scanning the overly crowded restaurant. Staff was running about and if you remembered correctly, there had been at least 5 servers walking past your table since you sat down. Turning in your seat, you also looked around, eyes following one server and then another, trying to will them to come over and actually serve you. 

Unfortunately, you have yet to master telepathy. 

“Excuse me!” Your head whipped around, watching as Seungmin waved down a gorgeous redhead. He was tall, lean, and looked like he could be a model. So why the hell was he working here? 

“Yes? How can I help you?” You told yourself not to swoon, but it was just out of your control. He was so handsome. 

“Yeah, we’ve been sitting here for a while waiting for someone to take our order.”

“Oh! I’m sorry. I can go see if I can find your server.” He said quickly, glancing over his shoulder briefly. 

“Can’t you just do it?” Seungmin asked, raising a brow.

“Uh…well…” 

“Well, what?”

“I’m actually just a busboy…” he trailed off and you wanted to scoff. He was a busboy? That was a travesty. 

“Okay, but can’t you take our order and give it to our server or something? Do we even have one?” Seungmin requested and you could tell he was getting frustrated with every passing second. You couldn’t blame him. If you had been paying more attention to the time, you probably would have been upset too. It was probably best that you were keeping a level head though. 

“I - sure.” He seemed resigned, and you almost felt bad for him. “What can I get you?” 

Seungmin looked a bit shocked that the other was actually going to take your orders. He glanced at you and you nodded back at

Please log in to read the full chapter