Numbers and Sharpies 2/2

Numbers and Sharpies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Joohyun, we need to talk," Seulgi grumbles as she looks out her window watching her friends drive away. Her girlfriend quickly makes her way over and engulfs Seulgi in an embrace. With her back facing Joohyun she hears her mumble. 

"Baby, I'm sorry..." The older woman follows her apology with a sniffle, trying to turn her lover around to face her. "Why won't you look at me?"

Seulgi sights, taking a few seconds to contemplate everything that has happened today. They number she had gotten for Sunmi was the manager of Joohyun's favorite band. She had explained her plan to Sunmi, she wanted to surprise her girlfriend on her birthday, driving all the way back to Daegu where they had first met face to face.

[flashback 5 years ago]

Irene and Seulgi had been communicating through the phone for three months. During those motnhs they learned more about soulmates, it was actually quite common, and to their surprise, soulmates discover themselves in various circumstances. Wendy tells a personal story about how her parents found each other when they started hearing each other's thoughts.

Seulgi's friend, Moonbyul also share's her journey wherein all her life she had been through to have achromatopsia, she had accepted her condition to never see or know colors. Countless doctors couldn't explain her condition, her eyes looked normal, and she had passed every vision test apart from identifying colors. One day, as Moonbyul was on her way home from her grandparents' house, she bumps into a stranger. Both individuals are taken aback, Moonbyul assumed that the person was in a hurry with how much her shoulder hurt.

"What the !" Moonbyul looks directly at the cursing woman, and within a millisecond of shared eye contact, a sudden burst of colors hit her. Both pairs of eyes are wide open, and time stops, feeling as if they were the only two people in the world, she notices her now girlfriend Yongsun's anger-filled eyes quickly filling up with tears. "I found you."

~~~

19-year-old Seulgi who is currently on a video call with her supposed soulmate is trying to balance her pencil between her nose and upper lip, "Joohyun unnie look!"

"Shouldn't you be studying right now?" Joohyun chuckles at her phone.

"I don't need to study, it's open book anyways," The older girl could barely understand the monolid students still attempting to balance her pencil. Joohyun furrows her eyebrows.

"You better not be lying, and don't you dare cheat."

"Oh come on, if it weren't for me trying to chaet, we would've met each other much later," Seulgi reasons and finally takes the pencil and puts it to the side.

"Ugh, just. Promise me you'll take your studies seriously." Seulgi groans and grabs her phone, putting her face closer to see Joohyun better.

"Fine I promise, but.... What's in it for me?"

"Well, what do you want?"

"I wanna see you Joohyun." A pregnant pause ensues. Joohyun blushes at Seulgi's request, she knew that they were bound to meet, however, insecurities arise within her. She's only human after all.

"I don't know Seul, I just don't wanna ruin what we have right now," Seulgi's heart beats faster, thinking that she might have taken her and Joohyun's relationship a few steps back.

"I-if things don't work out, I swear Joohyun we'll still be friends."

"That's not a guarantee. Just, can we stay like this for a little bit more?"

~~~

The pair stopped mentioning the topic for the following weeks. Seulgi is going crazy, she can't keep living like this knowing that her soulmate is somewhere out there far away from her.

" it," Seulgi grabs her phone on her nightstand and sends a text to Joohyun's best friend.

{messages}

Seulgi: Give me your address

Seungwan: no

Seulgi: it's for love :(

Seungwan: ok here *Wendy's address*

Seungwan: oh wait does unnie know ur doing this?

Seulgi: hey! Im my own gift!

Seungwan: heart shaped macaroons it is. Hey since it's gonna be a surprise why don't you make it big

Seulgi: hmm leave it all to me I'll text u later

{messages}

~~~

Joohyun is currently being blindfolded by Joy and Yeri, the two college freshmen that slid their way into her friend group. The four of them just finished eating at a restarurant as a little celebration for Joohyun's birthday.

"What's this for again?"

"Wendy unnie just told us to blindfold you."

"Yeah, we're unnine's henchmen!" Yeri exclaims and hands Joy another ribbon, "Here, tie these around her hands."

"No!" Joohyun stands up in defiance, "What are you doing?!"

"Just following the rules unnie, Yeri, hold her down," Joy takes both ribbons as Yeri launches herself at Joohyun.

"This. Is. For. Your. Birth. Day." Yeri grunts at each syllable as she hold her unnie down.

"This better be good or I swear to god!"

"Yeah, yeah. Wendy! She's ready!"

~~~

"So let me get this straight, you decide to make these two tie me up and blindfold me, then you take me to the woods, and now you're just LEAVING ME HERE!" In Wendy's defense, she didn't have much time to think of a plan to get Joohyun to where Seulgi wanted her.

"Unnie it's not that bad, and we aren't in the woods! We're in Suseungmot Lake."

"It's pretty beautiful out here if I do say so myself, Yeri take a selfie with me!" Joy yells behind her unnies, posing near the parked duck b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter