I'll Be Yours - Crush Landing On You Sequel

Crush Landing On You - written for Tiny Sparks Challenge 26: April Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After two weeks in Hokkaido, it was time to go home.  The tour guide remained professional and cordial all throughout, not just to Kyungsoo and his boys but to everyone.  Chanyeol fulfilled the final task of delivering all members of his tour group to the airport.  Kyungsoo’s triplets ran to hug him in goodbye and the tall alpha gathered all three in his strong, long arms and lifted them up a bit, which made them giggle and tear up at the same time. 

 

“Will we see each other again, hyungnim?” Jongdae asked in a tiny voice, lower lip trembling. 

 

Chanyeol glanced over at Kyungsoo for a moment, whose large eyes grew even rounder at what the tour guide might answer to that question, and then turned to the boys.  “Of course, we will.  Japan isn’t that far away, is it?”  And with that, he hugged the boys again.  “Take care and be good for your daddy, okay?”

 

The boys nodded solemnly and led Chanyeol towards their father, who was quivering a bit, but Kyungsoo knew it wasn’t entirely from the cold.

 

“Well, goodbye, Chanyeol-ssi,” Kyungsoo whispered, mist coming out of his heart-shaped plush mouth. 

 

“Annyeong, Kyungsoo-ssi,” Chanyeol whispered back, wistfully, helping them with their luggage and entering the airport with them, to assist them to check in.

 

“This is it, I guess,” Kyungsoo said, just as they were at the immigration section, suddenly unable to look Chanyeol in the eye.  “Thank you.  We had such a wonderful time in Hokkaido.”

 

He turned back and saw his triplets still holding hands with the tour guide, unwilling to let go. 

 

Chanyeol swallowed.  “Go on, boys.  Your father is waiting for you.”

 

Jongdae started sniffing as Baekhyun began to sulk and Minseok sadly put his arms around his two younger brothers to walk towards Kyungsoo. 

 

Kyungsoo gave Chanyeol one last smile, rallying his boys to queue to immigration.

 

“Wait, Kyungsoo-ssi!”

 

Kyungsoo halted, startled at the urgency of the tour guide’s voice. 

 

Chanyeol was a little breathless as he handed the omega his business card.  “My Kakao number is also there, if…” He faltered, searching the smaller one’s baffled yet longing eyes.  “If… in case you’d like me to take you around any part of Japan, in the near future.” 

 

It wasn’t customary for him to give out his own personal details, because Kyungsoo could easily contact the agency, but this might be his last chance to build a connection with this lovely family, who had gotten under his skin—and in his heart—so quickly. 

 

“I…” Kyungsoo’s mouth went dry as he went to glance at the calling card with Chanyeol’s particulars.  “I… appreciate it.  T-Thank you.”

 

And after that, Chanyeol stepped back, waving goodbye to them, just before Jongdae burst into tears with Minseok and Baekhyun comforting the youngest one. 

 

When they were able to board the plane, with an exhausted, still sniffing Jongdae falling asleep on Kyungsoo’s lap, Baekhyun and Minseok sat together across the aisle from them.  Vaguely hearing them bickering over the window seat, which Minseok gave to his younger brother anyway, Kyungsoo took out Chanyeol’s calling card that contained his email address, Japan phone number, Kakao number, Instagram and Facebook accounts, staring at it for longer than necessary. 

 

“Give him a call, Daddy.”

 

Kyungsoo turned to see his eldest son serenely smiling at him, and it was all the encouragement he ever needed. 

 

************

 

~100 Days Later~

 

Kyungsoo was beside himself, wondering why he had the brilliant idea to invite someone over for dinner, when he could very peacefully hold a modest feast over at his restaurant, with a little bit of help too.

 

His sous chef, Junmyeon, had insisted that Kyungsoo kept his date and he would take over operations for now, as Kyungsoo’s 3-Michelin star restaurant, The Rose, had been booked for reservations for months.  “Please, I know you’re my boss, Kyungsoo-yah, but as your concerned hyung, I know you haven’t had a decent date in forever, and you seem to be pretty excited about this alpha, so I say go for it.”

 

“But—”

 

“Do you need me to watch the boys for you?”

 

“Uh, no, Chanyeol wants to see them too.”

 

Junmyeon grinned at him mischievously.  “So Chanyeol’s his name.”

 

Kyungsoo’s face turned into a ridiculous shade of tomato red.  “Well, yes, but in case there’s an emergency and you need—”

 

“I’ll call the S.W.A.T. team if I have to, now go, so you can have time to get ready!” And with that, Junmyeon shooed Kyungsoo away from his own restaurant, but not before reminding him with a very cheeky grin: “Don’t forget condoms!”

 

“Shut up, hyung!” Kyungsoo grimaced, getting to his car, his heartbeat going wild at the thought of how this night might turn out.  He drove over to fetch his sons from school, who had just finished their classes that afternoon, fighting over who got to sit on the passenger seat beside their father so Kyungsoo made them settle it by playing rock, paper and scissors, to which Baekhyun won, and Minseok and Jongdae scowled while securing their seatbelts on the backseat.

 

“Do you know what today is, kids?” Kyungsoo asked, as he pulled off the curb.


Jongdae brightened, eyes sparkling.  “Chanyeol hyungnim’s coming for a visit!”

 

“AAAHHH!!!” Minseok and Baekhyun screamed excitedly, causing Kyungsoo momentary deafness but he had to chuckle as he gently reminded them, “So can I count on you to be on your best behavior, please?”

 

“Yes, Appa!” Jongdae answered immediately.


“Of course, Daddy,” Minseok promised.

 

“We’re always on our best behavior, Dad,” Baekhyun told Kyungsoo matter-of-factly.  “What are you talking about?”

 

Kyungsoo only sighed, reaching over to ruffle his middle son’s hair.  Thankfully, it was only a 15-minute drive from the school to their humble home.  Once he was parked, the boys all jumped out of the car with Kyungsoo calling out for them to wash up.  He himself had cook some of the dishes from the restaurant as he knew he wouldn’t really have time to do them from scratch when he got home.  They were only prepared an hour before, as his restaurant prioritized quality and freshness so Junmyeon suggested that Kyungsoo could just heat them up before serving. 

 

Perhaps Kyungsoo could at least take a shower before Chanyeol arrived.

 

When Kyungsoo came in the front door, he was greeted with Minseok awkwardly operating the vacuum cleaner, Baekhyun dusting the furniture and Jongdae arranging the pillows on the sofa and the magazines on the coffee table.

 

Amused, Kyungsoo set the containers of food on the kitchen counter and rested his hands on his hips.  “Okay, who are you and what have you done to my sons?”

 

“The house is already clean, Daddy,” Minseok said, trying not to trip over the electric cord as he vacuumed along the corners.  “But since Chanyeol hyungnim is coming…”


“We’re being in our best behavior now, Dad, just like we promised,” Baekhyun replied, just before he caught a sneeze as dust tickled his nose. 

 

Jongdae ran over and put his arms around his father’s waist.  “We’re really happy to see Chanyeol hyungnim again, Appa.”

 

Kyungsoo squeezed his youngest son close and smiled fondly.  “Me too.”

 

Then he watched his two other sons looking all grown up and attempting to tidy up and organize as meticulously as they could, that Kyungsoo thought he should start assigning them chores and train them to help around the house more, since they were turning 12 this year.  “I’ll just take a shower and we’ll get ready for dinner, okay?”

 

All three boys nodded, and went about their mini-tasks, and Kyungsoo was able to have a few minutes to himself, retreating to his bedroom upstairs. 

 

His cellphone vibrated, and a grin cracked his face as he saw a message from Chanyeol, who said he was on his way after spending the afternoon with his parents.  Thank God, Kyungsoo finally had the courage to message Chanyeol two days after he and his children had returned to Korea, lightheartedly thanking him again for such a memorable trip.  It didn’t even take a minute for Chanyeol to reply, telling him that he was glad to hear from him. 

 

The alpha’s messages were mostly friendly, and if they did border on the flirtatious side, Chanyeol was subtle, so Kyungsoo didn’t want to read too much into it.  It could be telling Kyungsoo to get enough rest and asking him how his day went, that Kyungsoo should eat good food, and that Chanyeol hoped to be able to taste Kyungsoo’s cooking someday. 

 

Kyungsoo would then try to shoot his shot, of course.  “Sure, I’d love to cook for you.”

 

“Let’s make it a date then. 😊 I’ll be in Korea next month. Hoping to see you and the boys.”

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t help the delicious shiver that ran through his spine as Chanyeol referred to it as a “date.”

 

He went to check his calendar to count down the days until he and his kids would see Chanyeol again, only to find out that the date of the alpha’s visit would fall on the week of his heat.

 

Whether it was feeling anxious, excited or stressed, his heat suppressants somehow had not worked, as Junmyeon mentioned him giving off the scent whenever Kyungsoo emerged from the kitchen to greet the patrons.  Just as he asked his children to be on their best behavior, so Kyungsoo must keep his own word too. 

 

When Kyungsoo came back down to check on his kids, who had changed into sweaters and proper trousers and were sitting on the couch watching TV, although they were already nudging each other and getting on one another’s nerves because of the pent up agitation of not being able to make a mess, so Kyungsoo called them to help set up the table, which they happily did, reserving the tallest glass for Chanyeol hyungnim and making sure his utensils were all matched and perfectly placed. 

 

Kyungsoo proceeded to switching on the stove, to heat up his vongole pasta, beef kebab and home grown doenjang-jjigae, with takoyaki and tteokbokki for the kids. 

 

This was the second day of Kyungsoo’s heat so his temperature was naturally higher than normal.  He could feel beads of sweat forming on his forehead, despite only having taken a cold shower (did not help at all, except maybe to make him smell nice) minutes earlier.  He reduced the flames from the stove, juggling three pots and pans at once when the doorbell rang. 

 

“HYUNGNIM’S HERE!!!” Jongdae screamed, as all three scrambled to get to the peep hole to check who was at the front door, which Minseok got to first so Baekhyun and Jongdae ran to the window and pulled the curtains back and excitedly yelled for Chanyeol upon seeing him.

 

“Annyeong, Minseok-ah, Baekhyun-ah, Jongdae-ah!!!” Chanyeol greeted happily, getting down on his knees as all three boys opened the door and launched themselves at him.  Mindful to set gifts and food he’d brought for them on the porch before his long arms managed to scoop all three up in a warm bear hug, he relished in the children’s kisses on his cheek and jaw that he had to laugh and pat them affectionately on the back and the crowns of their heads. 

 

“Whoa… did you guys get taller since the last time I saw you?” Chanyeol marvelled, looking at each one of them in fascination. 

 

“Well, our doctor did say I’m going to be the tallest,” Baekhyun bragged, rising to his full height, about a couple of centimeters taller than his two brothers.  Minseok playfully socked him on the arm, while Jongdae only laughed, still staying cuddled in the crook of Chanyeol's right arm. 

 

“All right, boys, let Chanyeol-ssi rest for a bit.”

 

 

Chanyeol averted his gaze and saw Kyungsoo finally, leaning by the doorframe in his comfy gray sweater, a fond heart-shaped smile on his lovely face.  “K-Kyungsoo-ssi, a-annyeong hasaeyo,” he greeted, his voice suddenly a bit raspier as he immediately got to his feet and extended his right hand. 

 

“Annyeong-haseayo.  I hope you didn’t have a hard time trying to find our place.” Kyungsoo greeted back, reaching for his hand with both of his. 

 

Sparks.

 

Both instantly let go, as though electrocuted.  Minseok, Baekhyun and Jongdae were looking up at their dad and their visitor back and forth, a bit puzzled about the seeming tension between them.

 

“Uh, aniyo,” Chanyeol chuckled nervously, picking up the cake box and snacks from Japan and a bouquet of flowers, which the boys offered to carry for him.  Chanyeol didn’t have time to react as Kyungsoo’s children immediately led him inside.

 

The kids settled Chanyeol’s gifts on the coffee table in the living room and opened the cake box, which contained tiramisu.  “Appa, can we eat it now?” Jongdae asked, projecting his puppy dog eyes to both his dad and to Chanyeol. 

 

Baekhyun and Minseok quickly followed suit, thinking they wouldn’t be able to overpower three cute pups bending them to their will. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter