Compromising is the key

The 4th hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Solar worked out for two hours and needed a shower.
The singer took off her clothes and walked around the house, looking for her phone.
Her older sister rolled her eyes and said:
__ This habit is annoying. I'm glad I'm moving out soon.
__ Shut up, unnie. is normal. Aaaah, here you are!___ The brunette exclaimed when she found her device.
__ Gosh! You lose this 200 times a day.
__ I'll ignore you from now on. Gotta talk to Byul-YI.
__ Seriously??? Didn't you talk Yesterday? And the day before yesterday? And before that...__ Yonghee teased.
__ What's your point? I need to speak to her now. Yesterday is in the past.__ Solar shrugged and pressed contact number 1 on her list.
A low and deep voice echoed in the singer's ear after a couple of seconds.
__ What?
__ Aigo...So rude! Why didn't you call me?
__ Why should I?
__ Because you always do.
__ Exactly! I always do. Meanwhile, you never reply to my messages. Just leave me to read.
__ Aish! Why are you being such an ? You seem weird today.
After a brief silence, the younger one declared:
__ I'm not happy, Yong. I always trusted you. With closed eyes. But now...I regret suggesting we did this subunit project.
__ Huh? What are you saying? I'm giving my all to do a good album.__ Solar sounded offended.
__ Really? What about me? Can you honestly say this is my project too? A ing title track talking about longing for a ing guy? A bad one?__ Moonbyul shouted.
__ Music is universal. Aren't you the one who always tries to write for everyone ?__ The 32-year-old tried to reason.
__ Are you kidding? Genderless songs are universal. Saying good girls want bad guys and that they take them to heaven is offensive, misogynistic, vulgar, and a pathetic lie. Most of the hetero girls I know complain about men in bed.
__ Byul-ah, I get it. But we gotta adapt to the market. We should try to attract new people to our brand.
__ Please...This is bull! The only ones who buy our albums are moo moo. Most are LGBTQ+. A few casual listeners don't invest in artists they barely know. You sound like our CEO. 
__ Come on...The song is not bad...
__ We both have dozens of songs 10 thousand times better than that. I didn't work so hard to build my personal reputation as a soloist and songwriter to walk backward now.
__ Damn! You are so stubborn and difficult...
__Me? Seriously! Why can't we use one of the songs you've written for me and vice-versa?
__ Well, they are too obvious...We're not there yet, babe. 
Moonbyul got silent and Solar could hear the sound of things being broken.
__ Byul-ah! What happened? Are you okay? Byul-ah?__The brunette exclaimed in panic.
The 30-year-old exhaled before replying:
__ Although I'm tired of sitting by the shadow of your closet when it comes to our relationship, I get it. I force myself to be patient and wait because I want to be your future. But having to erase my identity as a musician is costing me hours of sleep. This makes me feel too frustrated.
___ I...You know that I am just making sure our future is perfect, right? We both discussed this several times. You also want to provide the best for your family. So we gotta go with the tide. This is Korea.
Slamming a door at her place, the rapper responded furiously:
__ No! We don't! That is what the company wants. They don't care about us. Never cared about me. I'm so done, Yongsun! If you keep defending their mess, I...
__ Hey, calm down! It's me, Yong. Why do you need to get so aggressive?
__ If I keep quiet, you say I am passive-aggressive. If I spit it out, I am aggressive. Take a decision, woman! You are always gatekeeping me.__Moonbyul shouted again.
__ STOP SHOUTING AT ME! I'm JUST TRYING TO TAKE CARE OF YOU, STUPID !
The black-haired one stayed silent, which scared her girlfriend.
__ Why aren't you saying anything? Byul-ah? Are you there?
Yonghee walked by her sister and shook her head.
The older Kim was used to Moon and Sun's silliness. But that was the first time the singer was arguing while having no clothes on.
The brunette went back to her room because that was going to be an endless war.
Meanwhile, the artist was almost begging that her best friend said something.
To Solar's astonishment, Moonbyul mumbled in a broken voice :
__ Let's break up.
__ Huh? Have you lost your mind? Didn't you just say you want me in your future? Are you a real lunatic?__ The 32-year-old sounded confused.
__ Maybe I am. But I don't like how you keep throwing at my face the things you do for me. And you are not ready for the next step. I'm done with the ambiguity of this relationship.
__ First of all, I wasn't bragging about my actions. I was explaining the reasons why. Second, I'm totally ready. That's why I am saving up. Third, it's not ambiguous. Come on, Byul-ah! Everybody kinda knows...
__ It's not enough for me anymore. Sorry, Yong. Talk to you some other time.
__ No. Wait! Please, talk to me. You do realize how important you are to me, don't you? I'm begging you to stay. How many times have you seen me beg?
Solar's voice was filled with anguish and fear and the deadly silence for the next 30 seconds almost ended her.
__ To be fair, I've seen you beg a few times.__ The younger one declared in a sensual tone.
__ Aish! Different context, ! I don't mind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter