BFF BBQ

Killing Me Softly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Between unpacking and settling in to his new job as a personal trainer at the local gym, Minho hadn’t seen much of his new neighbours. Unless you count Taemin who comes and goes. Maybe he should stop by the bakery again and say hello. Was that weird? Perhaps a little. He’s sure the darker haired male would start to think he was stalking him. But it’s not stalking. Minho was just trying to make himself a friend in this lonely town. It just so happened he had taken interest in the smaller boy. No harm in that right? Right..? 

It was Thursday morning when Minho noticed Taemin sauntering up the path to his front door. He let the other male knock before he quickly opened his door to be greeted with a smile. 

‘Hi Minho. Wasn’t sure if you were home or not.’ Taemin spoke when the door opened. 

‘Hi Taemin. What can I do for you?’ Minho responded just as cheerfully. 

‘Oh well I just came over to invite you to a bbq this saturday. The Kim’s have a big bbq every summer and most of the neighbourhood goes. I thought it’d be a great way for you to meet everyone.’ 

‘Yeah? That sounds great. You sure they won’t mind me coming?’ Minho raised an eyebrow ever so slight at Taemin. 

‘Of course not! Kibum loves making friends so I just know he will be dying to meet you.’ The younger chuckled. 

‘Well alright then if you insist! When should I be there?’ 

‘It starts at 1pm but if you like I can wait for you and we can walk together?’ 

‘That’d be great! I’m not too sure where i’m going.’ Minho had no idea which house belonged to these people. 

‘Okay great! I gotta get to work now so i’ll see you around.’ Taemin gave a small wave before he was wandering back to his own house and getting into his car to head to the bakery. 

Minho watched the younger leave and waited a second before he closed his door over again and head back inside. 

The rest of the work week flew in and Minho was now getting ready for the bbq. He wasn’t exactly sure how the people around here dressed for events so he settled on some loose jeans and a casual button up. Surely that looked presentable enough? The dirty blonde didn’t wanna overdress and make himself look like an idiot. He was finding himself curious as to what Taemin would be wearing. He hadn’t really seen the younger in many outfits yet. 

He headed outside and waited at the bottom of his driveway for Taemin so they could head to the bbq. The dirty blonde wasn’t too nervous about meeting more of his neighbours. Maybe he’d get to meet some of Taemin’s friends? 

‘Hi Minho!’ Taemin waved as he walked over, snapping Minho from his train of thought. 

‘Hi, Taemin. Are you ready?’ Minho waved back as the smaller boy stopped at his side. 

‘Yep come on! The house is this way.’ 

The two began walking in the direction of the Kim’s house. It wasn’t far and as they arrived they were already greeted by the smell of food cooking and some music playing. Taemin opened the front door but Minho put his hand out to stop him entering.

‘Wait, shouldn’t we knock first?’ 

‘Oh no it’s fine these two are some of my bestfriends. They wont mind at all.’ Taemin confirmed and headed inside, watching Minho trail after him before he closed the door. 

As they entered into the front area, a shorter yet handsome male greeted them both with a wide smile. ‘Ah Taemin! You made it. Oooh and who is this you brought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter