Welcome To The Neighbourhood

Killing Me Softly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin had noticed the moving truck when he was collecting his mail. It had been and gone several times now, boxes piling up on the lawn of the house next door. His older neighbour had been taken into a care home since he was unable to do anything for himself anymore, leaving his family to tend to his empty house. His children had decided it would be best to just sell off the property and use the money to pay for their dad’s care home fee’s. The house had been empty for around a month before a sold sign suddenly appeared one warm afternoon, alerting him to the fact someone new would be moving in. 

Other members of the small community known as Amiwon, had been whispering, gossiping about what their new neighbour could possibly be like. Maybe a family with kids and a pet? Could be an older couple with no kids looking for a quiet place to retire? The possibilities were endless. No one had any idea at all who would be joining their presence. Taemin enjoyed the thrill of speculating on the stranger. Not like there was much else to do around here. The darker haired male pretended to perouse the thick letter he was currently holding but really his focus was on the returning moving van, this time with a car in tow. 

Said car, which happened to be an expensive sports model mini, parked into the drive of the house, the engine cooling as it turned off. Taemin chewed on his lip almost as though he was nervous as the car door opened and out came a taller, dirty blonde haired male with shorts and sunglasses on. . His new neighbour was reasonably attractive and here he was standing in his own yard with sweatpants on and hair sticking up in places he wasn’t even aware it could. What a great first impression.

The new neighbour shot Taemin a friendly smile followed by a polite, enthusiastic wave which he swiftly returned before he was rushing inside of his own home again and closing the door. He hadn’t even set foot into the kitchen again when his house phone rang. Taemin checked the caller id and answered it before it rung off. 

‘Well, did you see then?!’ The voice on the other end of the call asked. No greeting or nothing. 

‘I did. He’s tall and drives a fancy car.’ Taemin responded with a slight chuckle.

‘Do you think he’s rich then?!’ 

‘Why do you care so much about our new neighbour, Jonghyun?’ 

‘Because you know Kibum will kill me if I don’t give him the slightest bit of information when he gets home from work.’ The other male known as Jonghyun laughed. 

‘That’s fair. But I don’t exactly have any information. He waved at me and I ran for my front door so he didn’t see how much of a mess I looked in these sweatpants.’ Taemin was mentally cursing himself now. 

‘Ugh Taeminnie you are useless!’ Jonghyun sighed dramatically down the phone. ‘Anyways, got to go! My next client just arrived. See you soon.’ 

‘Yeah okay. See you.’ Taemin put his phone back down into the holder and went to the kitchen to fetch himself a fresh coffee. He poured the steaming beverage into the cup and headed for the front room to take a look out of the window. 

Mr. Sports car was currently lifting the boxes from his lawn inside of his house. From this, Taemin could tell he must be strong since the removal man had a tough time even lifting the boxes out of their van and onto the lawn in the first place. The darker haired male knew it was wrong to stare out of your front window at someone, but his curiosity got the better of him. This was not what he had expected his new neighbour to look like at all. 

Taemin didn’t really have time to wonder about this anymore. He had to get himself ready for work now. The morning had been quiet peaceful which would set him up well for the rest of the day. Disgarding the coffee up into his sink, the small male made his way to his room and got himself ready for the day ahead of him. 

Taemin made it to work in no time and got himself set up. He was the owner of a small bakery that he had cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter