April 29, 2022

Motion Sickness
Please log in to read the full chapter

April 29, 2022

Blue Bayou

11:30 AM

 

I am early. I am not excited, but I have nothing to do at home. And waiting for the clock to strike 12 noon makes me nervous.

I don't know Karina—not even what she looks like. We really don't talk about ourselves. It was all Yeji. Yeji did this, Yeji did that.  

The bells on the door chimed. Someone must have entered. Out of curiosity, I looked up. The woman is tall, gorgeous, and blonde, she looks mysterious. Now, I don't know the woman, but she sure damn looks like the Karina I have been corresponding with. It's like she is what I envisioned whenever I wrote back to Karina Yu. 

She looked my way and smiled a little. She is wearing a suit, her tie worn properly.

I looked away, trying to not stare. Yeji is beautiful, but this woman is also beautiful. I can find anyone beautiful and it would not be cheating. I don't like her romantically, I only like the way she looks. That's just it. Really. 

"I assume you are Winter Kim?" She asked. Her voice is deeper than I anticipated. I opened my mouth—to answer her, but no words came out. Why the am I tongue-tied? 

I offered my hand and smiled.

"Ye-yeah, I am. I am," I said. She gestured on the chair in front of me, asking permission to sit. So I nodded. She looks prettier in close proximity, no doubt.

We stayed silent for the next few minutes. Her eyes observing me, as I observed her. Something about her intrigued me. I don't know if it is the cold aura surrounding her or the way she presents herself. 

She likes to be in control—and frankly, she is. 

"Are you ready to order?" The server asked, completely oblivious of the awkward tension between Karina and I. 

It was weird. I almost forgot about what she said about my fiancee. She called Yeji a murderer. But am I really ready to know about what happened? Because according to her, it is not just a person, there are more. And I don't think I can handle that right now. 

"Yeah, uhm, just give us the specials. And also a bottle of wine, thank you," Karina said, her eyes piercing

Please log in to read the full chapter