Extras

Mission (K)Impossible

Kyuhyun's story

 

 

 

"Kyuhyun... hic! I-I love you... Please wake up..."

 

I love you too so don't lie to your heart anymore. 

 

He pleaded with his most beloved person but it didn't reach the crying secret agent, because he couldn't open his eyes or say anything. The effect of the anesthesia paralyzed his body but he still heard it vividly, the voice of his wife calling out to him. He knew it. Jongwoon also loved him. He never doubted the times they spent together and the affection they shared, even though the stubborn agent tried to deny it. He knew that Jongwoon purposefully pushed him away so that he wouldn't be in danger anymore, seeing that the agents still had to go after the terrorist leader. However, this consideration only hurt all parties involved so he wanted to change his lover's heart. But...

 

"... This is it, our farewell. Goodbye, Cho Kyuhyun. I'll forever cherish our precious memories."

 

No!! Don't go!!! Don't leave me!!! 

 

He screamed internally but his paralyzed body lay still as Jongwoon kissed him. Something wet touched his cheek and he almost went crazy, being unable to shed that fragile tear.

 

 

The door closed just as a single teardrop fell from the corner of his eye onto the pillow.

.

.

.

.

"Ha? Did you seriously just threaten us, high-ranking government agents, to share classified information with you?"

"Well, it's either that or I hack into the database myself."

"You punk hacker!!"

 

He shushed the vice-commanding agent and put his finger on his lips, gesturing with his chin to a little boy who curled up beside him, sleeping soundly. Agent Heechul quieted down but still glared at him while the Commanding Agent Leeteuk looked at him with an unreadable gaze.

 

"May I ask why do you want to know about our agent's whereabouts? Perhaps it's related to your injury? If so, I apologize on behalf of Agent Kim Jongwoon."

"It's normal for a husband to know about his wife, isn't it?"

 

He answered softly to not wake up his son but sternly enough to warn Jongwoon's superiors that he really meant it, hacking into the government database to look for the disappearing agent. Agent Leeteuk merely raised a brow without changing his facial expression.

 

"Your wife? Cho Kyuhyun-ssi, it seems that you haven't fully grasped the situation yet. Your marriage with Agent Kim is a cover and everything is already over."

"Nothing is over between me and Jongwoon-ah. I love him and he loves me, even though he won't admit it to my face. I'll chase him to the end of the world if I have to."

 

The two senior agents exchanged cryptic gazes and he waited impatiently, patting the sleeping boy's head to calm his nerve. He suspected ever since the first time they met Donghae that the boy might be sent by the enemy. Jongwoon just moved into that area so the agent didn't know that there was no orphanage near their place, which meant that someone purposefully left the boy there to lure them out. Despite that, he still indulged his wife and took the boy home. Eventually, he came to adore the boy genuinely and adopted him legally after the secret agent left Donghae with his brothers. However, their family wouldn't be completed without the mother. So, he would do everything to take Jongwoon back.

 

After a while, Agent Leeteuk sighed tiredly. The commanding agent now looked more like an older brother than a superior.

 

"...I see now that you genuinely love Jongwoon-ah. Kyuhyun-ssi, please help him and make him stop risking his own life."

"What do you mean?"

"What else? That brat's way of coping with guilt is throwing himself recklessly into missions. Just wonderful."

"Missions? Where's my wife now?"

"Jongwoon-ah volunteered to go to Belarus to rescue our undercover agent and he'll go to more places in the future, so he probably will be absent from South Korea for a long time."

"That crafty Rabid Dog went to the bastard old men directly to get permission because he knew that we'd definitely oppose it."

 

While Agent Heechul mumbled many curses, Agent Leeteuk gave him a micro SD card.

 

"This is a copy of our agent tracking system. If it's a hacker of your caliber, cracking the codes and hacking into the real system to track down Jongwoon-ah should be a piece of cake."

"Thank you!! I swear that I'll never betray your trust."

.

.

.

.

At first, he planned to contact Jongwoon soon after he tracked down the secret agent's location. He hacked into all of his partner's devices so he was able to keep an eye on the dark-haired man in real-time. What he discovered after watching the secret agent for a few days made him hesitate to contact the other party. As the two senior agents said, Jongwoon went through the missions as if he was ready to die. He lost count of how many times he panicked and begged his wife to treasure himself more. His most beloved partner barely slept and ate. The bruises and injuries on the slim body kept adding up with each passing mission. However, what hurt him the most was Jongwoon's subconscious murmur in his sleep...

 

His poor lover kept calling out to him and their son.

 

It was extremely obvious that the secret agent wanted to come back to them, yet Jongwoon seemed to get farther and farther away from his grasp. Is his word alone not enough to convince his wife that he has a home to return to? Home... A place where they will live together...

 

 

He quickly searched for any available house for sale.

.

.

.

.

"Jongwoon-ah!!! Watch out!!!"

 

 

He shouted at the top of his lungs even though he knew the man on the screen would never hear it. Jongwoon just successfully captured the terrorist leader and was about to contact the agency. The secret agent's mind seemed to be elsewhere so he didn't see a hidden knife in the enemy's hold. By the time his wife noticed it, the blade had already plunged deep into the man's abdomen. While he was so anxious that he suffered from shortness of breath, Jongwoon groaned and harshly hit the terrorist's temple with his gun to knock them out. He thought everything had ended but then Jongwoon's next action scared him...

 

"Baby, what are you doing? You know that taking out the knife will cause faster blood loss! Jongwoon—"

 

His heart stopped beating when he saw the bloodied small hand press the blade on the man's own wrist, followed by Jongwoon's hollow whisper that he should disappear for the best. He hurriedly contacted the two senior agents to have them send someone to stop Jongwoon. At the same time, he repeatedly begged again and again in tears for his wife to stop blaming himself, practically shouting at the screen.

 

"Jongwoon-ah!! I love you!!! Stop hurting yourself, please..."

 

Clang! 

 

"...No. I have to go back home. Kyuhyun... Donghae-ah... They're waiting for me..."

"That's right!! We love you and we're always here, waiting for you to come home! So, don't go to the place where we can't be!!"

 

Jongwoon lay down on the ground so he only saw the roof above, but he could deduce from the ruffling noise and his wife's painful groan that the secret agent tried his best to stop the bleeding by pressing on the wound.

 

"Kyuhyun... I miss you..." 

 

 

He decided right then that it was time to take his stubborn wife home.

.

.

.

.

"You stubborn kitten... What do I even do with you?"

 

He smiled fondly in exasperation and gently brushed the unconscious man's bang aside, before kissing his forehead. As soon as Jongwoon was transferred back to South Korea after the emergency surgery, he visited his beloved wife but left when the man seemed to wake up because he knew that Jongwoon would run away if he saw him. Truth be told, he really wanted to take his wife home now but their house was still in the middle of decoration. He sighed and kissed the pale lips. Then, he was shocked to find Jongwoon staring at him, although the beautiful black eyes seemed to be out of focus.

 

"Kyuhyun...? Is this a dream...?"

"That's right. This is a dream."

"Mmm... A good dream... So happy..."

"You're happy?"

"Yeah... Because you're here... Because I love you..."

 

Jongwoon murmured deliriously while nuzzling his face against his palm. He smiled and caressed the soft cheek that had lost some fat and color.

 

"I love you too, baby."

 

 

He tripled the payment and asked the interior designer to move up the finishing date.

.

.

.

.

What to do when you have a cute but stubborn lover?

 

 

He sighed but smiled after the two senior agents informed him that Jongwoon had run away from the hospital to find him and their son at their favorite cafe. Taking a deep breath to calm down, he turned to his son who couldn't sit still, excited to see his mama again.

 

"Papa!! Are we really going to see Mama!!?"

"That's right, little guy. However, we have to pretend to not know Mama, okay?"

"Ehhh? Why? I thought Mama already took care of the bad guys and he'll come home?"

"Mama is playing a game with us and he'll be sad if we catch him too soon~ Donghae-ah, can you play with Mama and Papa?"

"Of course!"

"That's my boy!"

 

He picked up the boy and stepped inside the cafe. He immediately noticed an old woman who gazed at them intensely and realized within a second that his wife disguised himself. It was almost impossible to stop his legs from heading to the "old lady" and to stop himself from hugging the secret agent tightly. He bit his lip and chose a seat where he could see the secret agent. He couldn't help but chuckle. Jongwoon's disguise was perfect but the agent wasn't subtle at all with the way he kept staring in their direction. Then, he panicked when he saw that the "old lady" had tears in his eyes. Before he got to do something, Donghae had already run to Jongwoon's table so he had to follow the boy and join the secret agent. It was hard to act as if they were strangers. His hand kept twitching, almost reaching out to catch the beautiful tears many times. They chatted for a while and the way Jongwoon disregarded his own happiness hurt him so much. In the end, he excused himself, leaving before his mask slipped. At a red light, he checked the cafe's surveillance cameras that he secretly hacked to check on the lonely agent. The sight of crying Jongwoon made him even sadder but also more determined to bring his other half home.

 

 

After arriving home, their new and permanent home, he called the two senior agents and proceeded with the plan.

.

.

.

.

Standing in front of a full-length mirror, he rechecked his outfit of a smart black suit again. He wanted to look the best when proposing to Jongwoon. He smiled at the ring on his right ring finger and kissed it. Then, he took it off and put it in a velvet box that he prepared. He placed the note next to their wedding photo and the ring box next to the gorgeous white dress. After pondering for a while, he prepared a white suit just in case Jongwoon didn't want to wear a dress. He checked the surveillance cameras and couldn't contain his excitement, seeing his wife walking around their house while smiling in tears. The secret agent had stepped into their son's bedroom so he should hide soon. He checked everything in the master bedroom one last time...

 

 

Kim Jongwoon, will you marry me again? 

 

 

"I won't accept anything else but I do, my dear Jongwoon."

 

He kissed the man on the screen while counting down the time they finally got to be together, forever this time.

 

***********************************************

 

Donghae's story

 

 

 

"Boy, do you want to have a family?"

 

He looked up at the scary big man who suddenly came to stand very close to him. He nodded while gripping his pants. Of course, he wanted to have a family like the other kids he saw while going out on errands. The shadow looming over him moved and the stranger kneeled down to meet his eyes. The old man's smile scared him so he wanted to run away, but the scary uncle grasped his arm first. The stranger showed him a picture of two people, a cool man and a beautiful woman. They sat together in a fancy restaurant that he used to look at hungrily from the outside. The way they smiled at each other made him feel sad. He wanted someone to smile at him like that too.

 

"Listen to me. I'll find a perfect family for you if you do something for me."

"...What do you want Donghae to do?"

"Easy. Uncle wants you to live with this nice couple for a few weeks and when the time comes, just give them something from us."

"What something?"

"It's adult's business. Just do as I told and you'll finally have a family of your own."

 

The scary uncle said and squeezed his arm so hard that he whimpered.

.

.

.

.

"Donghae-ah, this room will be yours from now on."

 

He looked around the room in awe. He never had something that belonged to him before! He squealed in joy and threw himself on the soft bed, rolling around happily. Mama sat down on the bed and patted his head kindly. He looked at the beautiful lady before him and couldn't stop grinning. This awesome person would be his Mama from now on! He also had a cool and funny Papa who played games with him! He got to eat tasty stuff and sleep on a comfy bed. Papa let him sit on his shoulders and Mama read him a bedtime story. He was so happy that he was afraid. What if everything was just a dream? Whenever he saw the fish pendant the scary uncle gave him, he felt nervous and kept praying that the day he had to follow the plan would never come...

 

 

But the time he had to wake up soon arrived.

.

.

.

.

"Donghae, speaking!"

"Boy, it's time to keep your promise. Tomorrow, you must put the thing in their drinks."

 

He almost dropped the landline phone but managed to end the call without crying. During the past weeks, he was so happy that he wished time would stop. Papa and Mama were so kind to him that he didn't want any family but them. However, he was also scared of the scary uncle. His arm still hurt when he thought of the man's creepy smile that day. What should he do?

 

"Little guy, what's wrong? Who was that on the call?"

"...T-They said wrong number."

"Really?"

 

Papa frowned and he panicked. What if Papa and Mama knew the truth and hated him? Papa strode to him so he closed his eyes out of a reflex, thinking that he would get beaten up like as the orphanage. However, Papa just picked him up and ruffled his hair while smiling kindly.

 

"Donghae-ah, you're our son now so no need to be afraid. We won't let anyone hurt you."

"Papa..."

 

He squeezed his Papa and cried. Immediately after that, Mama came running and took him from Papa. While both of his parents tried to coax him, he kept apologizing to them in his heart while crying.

 

 

I'm sorry for lying to you...

.

.

.

.

"Papa... when will Mama come home?"

"Very soon, Little Guy. Our kind and brave Mama has to defeat some bad guys so he can't come home yet. But he always thinks of us!"

 

He knew that Papa lied but still nodded along. He didn't dare to throw a tantrum or be sad because it was his fault that Papa and Mama were separated. If only he didn't listen to that scary uncle... He bit his lip to not cry and turned around to hide his face but Papa still knew. Papa smiled and picked him up, before wiping his tears gently.

 

"Donghae-ah, you didn't do anything wrong. Papa and Mama will always love you and be with you. It's just that... Mama is busy now."

 

Papa lied again. He knew that Papa was very sad to lose Mama. He hugged Papa back and made a wish.

 

 

Santa Claus, please take Mama home soon.

.

.

.

.

His early Christmas wish came true sooner than he expected.

 

 

"Uncle Heechul, Uncle Leeteuk, when can I see Mama? I miss Mama too! Papa is cheating!! How can he see Mama but not me..."

"Oh, little brat, you'll get to hoard your beloved Mama soon, just not tonight. You see, your Papa and Mama have something to talk about, probably all night."

"Heechul-ah!!"

 

He tilted his head, not understanding even one bit what the two funny uncles talked about. After waiting for a year, Papa told him that Mama finally was ready to come home. He was so excited that he couldn't sleep last night as he kept thinking about things he wanted to talk about with Mama— his school, his new friends, and his upcoming Christmas show that he got to play as a sacred tree! However, Papa left him with Uncle Leeteuk and Uncle Heechul while he ran away to meet Mama alone! Papa isn't fair!

 

 

He pouted and complained to his Neemo plushie that Mama bought for him. Hm! Mama will definitely hear it from him!!

.

.

.

.

"Mama!!"

"Donghae-ah... I'm home."

 

He practically hung himself on Mama's body and cried, causing Mama to cry too. They hugged and cried together like that until Papa hugged them both, swaying their bodies while coaxing them. Although he was happy that he finally got to be with his family again, he was still upset that Mama took so long to come home. Papa told him that it was okay to act spoiled or throw a tantrum like a normal kid. So, he is going to do it now!

 

"Mama!! You said that you won't leave me but you lied!! Donghae was so scared and sad when I couldn't find you anywhere!!"

"I'm sorry... This time, Mama promises for real that I'll never leave you and Papa. We'll be together forever as a family, alright?"

"Hm!! I'm still angry!"

"Baby, our son is really upset! You need to do something soon~"

"Then, Donghae-ah, how about Papa and Mama taking you to an aquarium? We didn't make it last time so let me make up for you."

"Yeah!! Fish!!!"

 

He beamed and kissed Mama's cheek, completely forgetting about what he was angry about. Mama laughed happily while Papa pouted and sniffled, so he hurriedly kissed Papa's cheek too. Although there are many things that he doesn't understand, for example, why Mama suddenly becomes a man, why Papa wouldn't let him see Mama last night, or why Mama has to wear a scarf and long-sleeved shirt in summer. There is one thing that he definitely understands.

 

 

 

He finally found a happy family now!!!

 

****************************************

 

Author's note:

Mission K(I)mpossible has come to the end now!!

Happy end for our kyusung and their kid Donghae. Yeah!

Thank you for every comment~ I had so much fun reading them and I'd love to hear your thoughts on this story so don't hesitate to comment   :)

 

Next week, we're still keeping up with the fake marriage theme but this time... Are you ready for fluff so sweet that it's guaranteed to catch you with diabetes?  ;)

 

Take care and love you!   <3