Yours

Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong looked at the scene in front of her curiously. Someone is pushing a bouquet of flowers into Jimin's hands, she watches on as the person stutters, face red while seemingly confessing. She heaves a sigh of relief when Jimin thanks her admirer politely before declining the confession. Minjeong only comes out from her hiding place once Jimin's admirer leaves with a slumped back.

 

Lately, she has been thinking if she's too hard on Jimin and well, herself. She's the one who asked to keep their relationship a secret when they first started dating because Minjeong's a private person and she values their privacy. She doesn't need the whole world to know about them dating. But Jimin, being Jimin, has always been popular in school. Jimin with her goddamn gorgeous face, charming and goofy personality, has gotten herself admirers all around. Minjeong can't blame them. After all, she fell for her too. 

 

Sometimes, Minjeong feels green with envy (and maybe jealousy) when she sees Jimin interact with her admirers publicly. She wishes deep down that she can also show her love to her girlfriend in public. Despite knowing how Jimin feels about her and having Jimin's constant reassurance that she's okay with the arrangement, she can't help to feel that maybe Jimin may lose her patience with her and move on. After all, she knows how much Jimin wants to show her love for her publicly. Jimin has always chided her for such thoughts but she just can't help herself. Jimin is just perfect. And Minjeong knows it's stupid considering she is the one who had wanted to keep their relationship a secret. Now, she doesn't know anymore. The urge to scream that Yu Jimin is hers has never felt so huge before.

 

"Boo." Minjeong sneaks up behind Jimin.

 

Jimin lets out a yelp and only relaxes when she realises it's Minjeong behind her when she hears the younger giggle. 

 

"You gave me a scare," Jimin pouts and glances around quickly to see if there's anyone around before giving Minjeong a quick peck on her lips. Minjeong feels a pang of guilt at that. She sneaks an arm around Jimin's waist and gives her a tight squeeze, hoping this will show Jimin how she feels. Jimin knows, of course, and gives her a small smile.

 

"Let's go?" Jimin asks. Minjeong hums and follows her girlfriend. Maybe one day.









 

Today has not been a good day for Minjeong. You see, it's Valentine's Day, the celebration of capitalism. She has been greeted by the sight of Jimin's admirers confessing with chocolates, flowers and even scented letters the entire day. Where do they even get those? Minjeong is not a romantic per se, but Jimin is, so she has prepared her own letter and a little present for her girlfriend albeit, it's kept secretly in her locker as she couldn't find any openings throughout the day to give it to her yet. She just has to give it to her when she sends Jimin back home later.

 

"Woah, you are going to burn a hole in Mingyu's head with how hard you are staring right now," Yizhuo snickers before biting into her strawberry. Minjeong scoffs internally and turns her head away reluctantly from where Jimin and the guy, Mingyu is standing. She picks up a chocolate covered strawberry from a bag that one of Jimin's admirers gave and plops it in , ignoring what was written on the card next to it. At least this is good. Yizhuo gives her a pointed stare.

 

"What? We shouldn't let food go to waste!" Minjeong huffs, feeling a little self conscious under her friend's stare. 

 

Yizhuo hums and shrugs, "I didn't say anything." She returns to snacking but not without giving Minjeong a devious grin. Aeri looks at the both of them and shakes her head. She glances over at Jimin and Mingyu before turning back to their table. The two friends look at each other knowingly.

 

"I heard the school's festival is coming up," Aeri starts, trying to distract Minjeong's attention from the scene unfolding in front of them. 

 

Minjeong only hums in response, her attention was clearly only on Jimin and the guy. What's holding them up? It's just a goddamn stupid confession right? She crosses her arms, irritated. Maybe she should go over and just stop whatever conversation they are having and reveal that Jimin is her girlfriend. Whatever, she will be the only one who receives Jimin's Valentine's present anyway.

 

"Maybe it's time for you to proclaim your undying love for Jimin unnie at the school festival so that all her suitors can back off," Yizhuo supplements, wiggling her eyebrows. Minjeong turns to look at her, seriously considering the idea.

 

"Yeah, they are holding a song festival, you should join!" Aeri chips in, knowing how Minjeong enjoys singing.

 

Maybe she should, Jimin has always been pestering her to sing for her anyway. Something about wanting to experience a romantic cliché of being serenaded in front of an audience. Pfft, Jimin and her romantic ideas.










 

"Who's that?" Jimin questions as Minjeong walks up to her after talking to a man.

 

"It's just Chanyeol sunbae, I had something to ask him." Minjeong fixes her bag strap on her shoulder. This is not the first time Jimin sees Minjeong around this man. He has been around a lot recently.

 

"Since when are you close to him?" Jimin mumbles, trying not to show that she's feeling a tad jealous. She wonders if this is how Minjeong feels all the time when Jimin's suitors confess to her. God she's totally overreacting, that guy wasn't even confessing to Minjeong!

 

"Are you… maybe jealous?" Minjeong tilts her head at Jimin cutely, trying to meet her eyes. Jimin sees a hint of mischief in her girlfriend's eyes and she turns away, trying to hide her feelings. 

 

"Why would I be? He's no one right?" Jimin dismisses weakly, one hand reaching to rub her nape sheepishly. Minjeong chuckles at the cute sight.

 

"That's right. I only have eyes for you, baby," Minjeong winks at her. Jimin flusters, heart beating wildly in her chest and turns her head around to see if anyone heard them. She's glad no one's around.

 

"What if someone heard you?" Jimin slaps Minjeong's arm.

 

"Ouch!" Minjeong raises her hand to soothe her arm. "No one's here," she huffs before adding softly. "Besides, I don't really care anymore."

 

"What?" Jimin was still looking around and didn't catch the last part of her sentence.

 

"Nothing, let's go." Minjeong pulls Jimin along with her.









 

Jimin drags her feet around as she follows Aeri and Yizhuo around the tents that covered the school grounds. She wishes that Minjeong was here with her. Speaking of her girlfriend, Jimin huffs exasperatedly as she looks at her phone screen. The last message from the girl was a see you later <3 and Jimin has not heard from her since two hours ago. See, Jimin may be the more clingy one in their relationship but it's not like Minjeong to disappear for two hours without any news from her. Not only that but Minjeong had also given her an excuse that she will join

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter