50 strawberry cupcakes

My Cyber Shampoo Fairy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What's this?"
Wendy keeps herself busy with her cupcakes, completely ignoring the woman invading her personal space to take a peek at the microwave oven.
"Are you making strawberry flavored ones?" Joohyun suddenly hops in excitement, "Please tell me you're making strawberry flavored ones!"
The lack of a reply makes the raven-haired woman roll her eyes.
"Y'know what, forget it. Make 50 strawberry cupcakes for me."
Who-
"Why am I going to listen to yo-"
Wendy suddenly remembers their pact, biting her tongue in the process, and opts for a simple 'okay'. Her life's entire trajectory up sided into an ugly, frustrating jumble when she was stupid enough to get herself involved into this lame bet. She thinks Joohyun is drastically ignoring the fact that she didn't make the latter suffer to this extent.

And today I thought I'd be baking to relieve some stress.

 

As if Joohyun heard her thoughts, offers a cheeky wink directed to the brunette.

**

Wendy would be lying if she says she didn't notice Joohyun being a tad weird lately. In the most unlikely way. For an example, she was helping Seulgi with her work but then........

"Miss son, I can assure those boxes aren't even that heavy and I can carry them with ease." She grins, her eyes similar to smiling crescents.
"Are you sure 'bout that?" She arches a brow playfully, leaning a bit closer, "For if I'm not mistaken, your back was having hard time."
"Ah well..." Seulgi grimaces with her own hand nursing her back, "It's a bit heavy."
"You haven't been to the gym lately?"
"No, fancied sleeping a bit more." Her laugh synchronizes with the brunette's.
Admist their pleasant exchange, they felt a small obstacle forcefully making its way between them, successfully parting the two away. Wendy indignantly turns to the offender but ceases altogether when she sees it's Joohyun. 
"Unnie?" 
She hears Seulgi squeak accusingly yet confusedly, but Joohyun pays no heed, and simply walks ahead. But it doesn't just end here. Every time Wendy gets back being close to Seulgi to talk, she felt the same figure pushing its way forcefully between them, only to walk ahead recklessly- until Wendy snaps at the invading woman; only for the latter to blink in faux innocence quite immaculately.
"Oh, you see," She scratches her own forehead," I tend to forget things easily. And I'm a bit directionally challenged so I seemed a little confused 'bout where I should be going."
"Oh, you should've told me!" Seulgi smiles like a literal angel, "No problem though, I'll show y-"
"Now that I've thought 'bout it," She stares (glares) pointedly at them, "It's this way."
She makes her way between them, pushing Wendy further away than needed, and yet again clacks away, louder than intended.
"Well, that was fun." Seulgi snorts as soon as Joohyun was out of earshot.
Wendy knits her brows together at the incident, more precisely at the unusual attitude from Joohyun. Truth being told, she has known her for only two months, but this was way out of her usual self. The rude glares did never appear as a problem for her, but it was a certain green that swirled in them- and that somehow bugged her, an uneasiness nettling at the pits of her stomach.

Did she.... did she......
No
No way
No way....

Does Joohyun like Seulgi?!

No no wait
Why is she stressed about this? She shouldn't be......
.... OR she should be because it'll be scandalous for two employees to acquire feelings for each other. That's why she's so stressed 'bout it...... right?
Right. 
*
"Wannie, have you decided 'bout your attire?" Sooyoung asks mindlessly, her eyes persistent on her phone, "The event is tomorrow, in case you're unaware."
Wendy half willingly glares at the tall woman lying gracelessly on her CEO chair, typing and giggling at her phone. She knows perhaps behaving like the grumpy grinch with an urge to kick everything on sight wouldn't ebb away the prickling ache at her heart, but she can't help it.
Why's she even feeling this way? She's not at all bound to, is she? Maybe, she's not even at fault if that thought keeps reiterating in her mind, 'cause she's not in control of it, is she?

Is she talking absolute trash?
Has she...become a nutter? All because of the simple fact that Joohyun likes Seulgi? 

Wendy yells frustratingly, consistently kicking a poor table in the process, until her rational senses got hold of herself. She risks a peripheral glance at Sooyoung, only for the latter to still snicker at her phone.
"Ya, are you that tense 'bout that event," She clicks her tongue, her eyes persistent on the screen," Just wear something presentable, you tit."

Wendy sighs heavily.
Maybe some fresh air would do some aid. 

*

"Oh my," A manly voice startles her, "That's you, aren't it? Miss Bae Joohyun."
Joohyun turns around with an alarmed countenance, but then breaks into a surprised grin.
"Doyoung?" She squeals excitedly, "What're you doing here?"
"You didn't know?" He laughs, again albeit a bit flirtatiously, "I'm in the HRM department."
"Woah, that's so cool."
"Well, I agree," He pokes his cheek with his tongue, a bit tense," Joohyun-sshi, should we eat lunch together?"
But it doesn't take too long for his nervousness to dissipate into joy, as Joohyun readily nodded.
*
The last thing Joohyun remembers is Doyoung (with bits of samgyeopsal covering his lips) exposing Sooyoung of her fear of fleas, when an abrupt cough startled them. The raven-haired woman blinks up to witness a grim brunette with a pained frown marrying her features- and she feels a smirk creeping at her lips coyly.
"W-what's going on here?" 
"A date~" Joohyun answers playfully, even with a bit of aegyo. 
"A what? " She snaps, a vein shies on her forehead.
"A lunch date." Doyoung confirms, merely shrugging.
"I apologise for the intrusion," She tries to be as formally polite as she can be (while gritting her teeth)," But I need Miss Bae right now. I n-need her to recommend me what I'll be wearing tomorrow."
"I recommend that you'll look impressive with whatever you'll be wearing," Joohyun quips mirthfully, "Now it'll do us really good if you leave us alone, 'cause we're having our lunch break."
"This is our first time having lunch together so..." He trails off, shyly rubbing the back of his neck.
"You don't need to worry," The raven-haired woman reassuringly puts her hand on top of his', "I'm not leaving you alone, oppa~"
"O-o-oppa?" The brunette feels her eye twitch, her gaze dropping to their connected hands then back to them, "W-when did you-"
"We're closer than you think." Joohyun winks, internally doing a triumphant fist bump at the way Seungwan becomes more and more perplexed as the minutes passed by. At the end, the CEO just scoffs before literally storming away.
"Wow, got her knickers in a twist, yeah?" Doyoung laughs, "But why'd you lie 'bout this? Or do you really consider this is as a date?"
''Why'd you play along with me?"
"Because I consider it as a blessing to be in the same sentence with 'date' and 'you'. I really don't care if it's just a fluke."
"Thank you," She flips her hair," I don't have a reason. I just like to see her get cross."
"Right. Agreeable."
*

"Hey, Wan did you decide-" 
Sooyoung pauses midway to witness a brooding Seungwan crouched on the marbled office floor, her back against the cold wall, her lips jutted outwards in a pout. She looked so tiny and cute; the tall woman had to resist herself from pinching those cheeks.
"Hey, Wannie," She squats to meet the brunette's level," Feeling a bit down?"
Sooyoung almost had to strain her ears to hear the soft rambling.
"Why's she making this so hard for me?"
"Wan, you okay?" She asks, concern lacing her tone.
"Team Seulgi or team Doyoung?" Wendy asks the woman in front of her.
"What?"
"You're thinking I'm talking bollocks, am I right? But I'm not."
The brunette closes her eyes in defeat, her lips forming a sad pout again. It looked like she was almost on the verge of weeping.

Good lord, what happened? 

"Why does she have to share lunch with Doyoung?" She whines, almost like a toddler," She even calls him oppa. Why does she call that tosser oppa?"
"Bummer." Sooyoung nods, even though she was clueless. 
It has been like this since their childhood. Seungwan would go on rambling about stuffs without fully elaborating them, and Sooyoung going along with it and comforting her. She's careful about not pushing the brunette too much, 'cause she knows Seungwan would open up to her one way or the other. She just needs a little time.
She trusts Seungwan the most and she knows it's reciprocated. Always have been. So, she doesn't have to worry about that. She'd never actually had any insecurities or worries regarding her friendship with six of the most precious people in her life. The only thing that remained constant and memorable in her life were them- her friends- or perhaps, family. She has always considered them her family. Maybe they aren't always together, but they got each other when needed to. And that was enough. She smiles at the memory.

Her. Seungwan. Doyoung. Kun. Jaehyun. Kunhang. Yeri.
The last name leaves a bitter aftertaste in .
"Why're you smiling?"
"Y'know," She snaps out of her reverie quickly, playing it off by clicking her tongue, "made me recall the good old times you were all pouty and moody like this. It's refreshing, kind off." She added as an afterthought.
"Old times, eh?" Seungwan laughs, placing a white stick between her lips.
"Are you really going to smoke inside your office?"
"I deserve a break."
"Is that a ing spliff?!" She frowns, offended yet amused at the way the brunette just merely shrugs.
"Want some?"
"No!" She smacks away the hand offering her," And you shouldn't be doing that too."
They stare at each other for a few seconds before Sooyoung giving in.
"Alright, it," She chortles, "Give me that."
*
"Yeah, you'll be surprised if you see me shirtless-- Woah."
Doyoung ceases his self-appreciating monologue after entering the CEO's office, observing two individuals getting stoned. Familiar individuals.
'Wow folks," He clasped his hands together, "Getting baked without me?"
But the two said individuals barely acted like they got caught. One was too high to comprehend anything, and the other one, Sooyoung, at least pretended to- as she flung her arms loosely to make the smoke disappear.
"Well, you don't see that often, do you?" He turns to Joohyun standing beside him, before facing the two again," We will be leaving. And as the HR manager of this department, I strictly prohibit you from consuming intoxicants and substance inside the premises."
" you too, mate." Sooyoung scowls at him before the door gets shut in front of her, "Always a pain in the arse."
"Sooyoung-ah," The brunette heaves a sigh," I need to tell you something."
"Really?" Her eyes widen a bit, before she shrugs, "Whatever. Spit it out."
"I...." She releases a sigh again, but this time it sounded more tired and sad, "I met Yeri. Yesterday, if I'm correct."
Sooyoung stills for a moment before looking at Seungwan eagerly, searching for a lie in her eyes, or an aftereffect of her current state. But, no. She almost laughed. No, she's speaking the truth. It was even more painful to look at those eyes right now. They never appeared to be this much heartbroken.
"She's doing well, though. Working- no- she's not working. She's the sole manager of an exquisite cuisine. And she's...." 
She supports her weight altogether against the wall, her vision rearing a blurry sight. A shaky exhale escapes her lips.
"She's married. To some really established ing guy out there and I'm......I'm-" She squeezes her eyes shut, already feeling the warm liquid rolling down her cheeks," I'm there, greeting her like a ing bastard!"
She feels herself getting pulled into a warm embrace, arms holding her- comforting her deliberately. Gentle caresses on her back, and a perpetual 'it's going to be alright' only made her sob harder, making her bury her head further into the crook of the woman's neck.
"It's going to be okay," Sooyoung shushes her, tears prickling at the back of her own eyes.
"I should've never left her. She had to go through so much because of me," She holds Sooyoung tighter, as if she could feel the warmth slipping away from her," I hate myself so much, Sooyoung-ah."
"It's okay, Wan. It's not your fault," Her lips escape a low sob, "It's none of our fault. You were young. We all were. We weren't aware of anything except those stupid study hours. Music. Playing around. And perhaps hand holding. I remember we all used to hold hands.... a lot. I didn't know what it meant. I'm pretty sure none of us did. But we still did it. We still did it because.... because I don't know. W-we enjoyed those times we were together. We had fun. I used to keep laughing like an idiot. I used to be so happy. And I still am. Whenever we're together. I-it's because I ing love you, mate. I ing love all of you. You six tossers are all I have."
The brunette's labored breaths and the hiccups ceased a little, gradually.
"So, if you do anything stupid, it won't get better. If you keep blaming yourself, it won't get better, Seungwan," Sooyoung caressed those brown soft locks tenderly, "Even if Yeri became enraged at the sight of you and throws a fit, you possibly don't think she completely blames you for this situation. You met her after almost half a decade. It's understandable to throw a tantrum."
"And y'know what, she did throw a fit. I don't blame her though."
"Of course, she would."
A fleeting moment of minutes passed by, but Seungwan still held her tightly.
"Sooyoung? Can we please stay like this for a bit?"
The woman hums to as a response," Of course we can."
Both of them stayed in that position for a while. Well, more than a while.
***

Today's the day. Day of the event. Nevertheless, Wendy isn't pumped about it- and she can't say the same for Joohyun.
"Do you know what you've to wear?"
"I guess," She shrugs, yet carefully inspecting the raven-haired woman of any tricks,"I'd wear a suit, or maybe a nice dress would do. Perhaps a skirt or something like that. I haven't really thought about it."
"Thank you, I'm glad you didn't stress yourself over worrying about those, knowing I'd eventually do the choosing."
"I beg your pardon?"
Joohyun rolls her eyes at the way Seungwan is staring at her, with confusion mixed with annoyance. 
"You don't have to scowl at me for that. You don't even care about this stuff, so why bother if I choose the dress code?"
"It's not the event that's bothering me. It's you." She mutters with so much passionate hostility, Joohyun feared she would spit venom.
"What do you mean by me? What's wrong with me?" She retorts back, raising her hands in disbelief and offense.
"Everything. Especially your ludicrous sense of fashion."
Joohyun scoffs," Says someone who can't knot a tie."
"You promised you won't mock my inability to wear a tie!"
The air seemed to be pregnant with tension and detestation. Utter detestation. Mostly radiated by Joohyun, until she clears , still evidently pissed.
"Whatever. I'll be choosing the dress code." Joohyun declares with her brows furrowed, arms crossed, not looking at the brunette anymore.
"W....."
Whatever Wendy wanted to say, quickly dies on her tongue by the striking daggers the raven-haired woman pointed at her. Then Joohyun tilts her head slightly, and smirks mirthfully, a wicked triumphant glint in her eyes.
"Good." The woman mouths happily.
Why did she have to appear all just and righteous and propose that stupid bet? Before she abhors Joohyun, she abhors herself. 
Wait.
Does she even despise Joohyun at this point?
Well, she's a pain in the arse. A complete mess. but......
She's cute. 
Sometimes, though, sometimes.
But she's.... cute.
Eeek, no!
No...
What is she thinking?
Ridiculous

"Of course, you'll choose ma'am."

*

Wendy purses her lips, her gaze fixed on the attire Joohyun chose for the both of them. Her hand remains hovered over since the first time she saw it until now, absolutely flustered at the idea of showing up at the event in traditional Korean hanbok.
She fakes a smile towards Joohyun,"I'm not wearing this."
"Do you think you've a choice here?" The woman returns the smile.
"No, I mean I'll wear this but," She gestures to the garments laying on the bed," There's only one chima here. What'll you be wearing if I wear it?"
"Bold of you to assume you'll wear the chima."
"Wh-" The brunette chokes," You aren't possibly implying that I'd have to wear-" She points to the bajji lying beside, appalled,"-that."
"I'm not implying," She tuts, a coquettish tilt of her head," I'm simply adjuring you."
"Why do I have to wear the mens' one?" The brunette whines, her knees colliding dramatically with the floor carpet, hands resting on her crown.
"It's a matching couple set! Couple hanboks, y'know?" She shrugs merely, "If they had two womens' hanbok set, I'd have gladly taken it. If you've to blame it on something, blame it on heteronormativity. These are even typically blue and pink. Looking at the bright side, blue is your favourite colour, innit?"
"I wanted to try something more distinctive," She gestures with her fingers for added measure, "I wanted to try neon."
Joohyun stares at the woman, deadpanned, having a mental breakdown soundlessly- and without any tears, of course. It kind of more or less, seemed like an intellectual breakdown. Like those breakdowns intellectuals go through when they can't solve that one particular sum. And its somehow even more annoying.
"More like idiosyncratic," She mutters begrudgingly before chirping playfully again, "We don't have anything to lose. Get dressed."
*
After what almost felt like ages about them arguing over the fact whether Wendy would keep the satgat or not (and giving in to Joohyun's command of keeping it), they arrived at the ceremony. She peeks outside from her Porche, seemingly worried at the affluent procession of people. Highly respected and important people. And obviously, the ing press. 
The attire wasn't an issue, but the fact that she was wearing a male hanbok. 
She blows raspberries at the reflection of herself on her mirror. Whatever. She gets out of her car, hastily rushing to the other side to open the car door, expecting Joohyun. But what she didn't expect is for the woman to trip due to her heavily materialized garment and land her own weight upon her. Wendy, god bless, had her fair share of adept reflexes and upper stre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter