Introductions and Useless Bets

My Cyber Shampoo Fairy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cheonnune mikkeureojideusi falling in love                                                                                                                                                                                           
Nae mameul humchin beominin geon
baro neo~
Neoui mimo jiltuhae yeosindo 
wow
Nae simjangui tteollimeun jindong 
brrr
Chimyeongjeogin maeryeogi nal killin' 
uhh
yhae nal jageukaneun hot chili, ooh
Ohaehaji ma naneun jinjja
Jinsimeuro chaewojulge neoui bin jan

Jinyoung got interrupted abruptly as Kun snatches the mic away-

Jigeum nae nune jeil areumdaun geon
Neoya lady 
Oh-woah, baby
Neol hyanghan nae mami donimyeon ama
Nan billionaire

He's not even attempting to sing properly, just straight up screaming into the mic, his piercing high-pitched nasal tone irritating everyone present, precisely a tall brunette as Kun felt himself get shoved away by a drunk Sooyoung before she sings into the mic but at what cost? Hers is ten times worse. Her shrill yet sweet voice haphazardly mixed with her incoherent drunk singing and its certainly not helping when she had been crying, and still is. Nevertheless, she tried to slay.

 

Neol joahae
Really, really, really, really
Nae mameul mideojwo oh-woah
Really, really, really, really


Kun takes the other mic before practically yodeling, alongside with Sooyoung-


Neol joahae
Really, really, really, really
Nae mameul badajwo oh-woah
Really, really, really, really
Neon na eottae?

Then the trio erupts in chaos-


NEOL JOAHAE
REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY
NAE MAMEUL MIDEOJWO OH-WOAH
REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY
NEOL JOAHAE
REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY
NAE MAMUEL BADAJWO OH-WOAH
REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY 
NEON NA EOT--

Abruptly the beats halts with a retro pop intro, and Jinyoung squeals, somewhat excited.


Naega wonhaneun daero
Jasin innuen moseup geudaero
Ijekkeot sumgyeo watdeon bimiruel
Nege modu malhago sipeo
Beby~~

Wendy is impeccably frustrated, but she doesn't want to be rude, so she manages to sit quietly at a corner with her fingers pressed to her temple. She's more than sure she's having a headache. Sooyoung's current state was quite understandable, but Wendy would be lying if she says Sooyoung wasn't overdramatic. Sure, it's pretty miserable that Sooyoung's self-created vr 'game' didn't blow up. Actually, it flopped big time, but she should've at least acknowledged the fact that no gamer in their right mind would be interested in a woman in her late twenties who is unemployed (technically) since she seems to be obsessed with cooking and literally nothing else. So, the gamer has to just help her with her cooking sessions. Yeah. Sooyoung seemed to be passionate about transforming old hags into gamers. Still, she felt, well, she kind of pitied her heartbroken state even though Sooyoung herself swore that this was just a side hobby, so Wendy installed the game just because she wanted her annoying arse to stop whining and nagging about it, but she didn't expect Sooyoung to be so bitterly joyful about it that she wanted to hang out in the local noraebang to 'celebrate'.

It might take a while for them to pipe down so Wendy concludes she should just leave because she is innately exhausted, especially after a long day of work. even it unimaginable, those three es were her employees, as in Wendy was their boss. So, speaking professionally, she shouldn't even had tagged along with them at the first place, but God bless her weak heart she couldn't say no to Sooyoung, no matter how hard she tried to, she could never actually. She never even interacted with her employees, let alone hanging out with them.

"Oi oi you...where you...?" Sooyoung squints to proper her vision, her words slurring.
"Sooyoung-ah, it's getting late," Wendy watches her squinting even more, trying to grasp her words, "C'mon, I'll drop you home."
"No no I won't.... after thisss~" Sooyoung smiles before resuming her singing.
Wendy sighs before signaling the other two-- well one since Jinyoung already passed out- to stop their singing session and head home. Kun, God bless, was well tolerant of alcohol, nods before wrapping an arm around Jinyoung's shoulder and another on his waist for balance since Jinyoung was completely wobbling on his legs, and already heading outside. Wendy tentatively tries hoisting Sooyoung up and making her walk, but obviously she wasn't god's favorite.
Sooyoung beguilingly wraps her arms around the brunette's torso. Wendy closes her eyes in defeat. The pent-up frustration was not really helping too, to be precise.
"Ohhh Wendy is so protective of Sooyoung~" Her words pronounced with a constant swaying of her frail arms, making Wendy sway too but since she was busy being grim and stoic, hers looked like a malfunctioned cyborg.
"Sooyoung-ah, I'm serious. You are completely wasted an--"
"Nooo, see that's where you wronggg. You think me drunk, "She cheerfully sways her body more, "But me no drunkkk!"
Wendy scrunches her nose in agitation as Sooyoung pokes her cheeks and giggles,"I go home just fineee~~"

**
So, after carrying Sooyoung on piggyback (since she had no choice) with Sooyoung giggling all the way and throwing up on her expensive blazer, Wendy managed to get a cab for her, sending Kun along since she wasn't so pleased with the idea of sending Sooyoung all alone, drunk in a cab at midnight. Moreover, Kun insisted, so she just let it be. It's alright. She trusts him.


Having nothing better to do after changing into hoodie and shorts, she rummages through her shelves to get herself a coffee before finally settling down in her swivel chair. She's genuinely curious about the game and her gaming skills were more or less impressive since she does have a thing for gaming but obviously it lessened when she became a CEO, and the fact she still hasn't hired a personal secretary, on purpose but lately her self-indulgent ego has been biting her in the arse. She still mustered up to be headstrong in denial until she realizes she actually might be desperate. Shaking away all the skepticism, she focuses on the game for now. 


The intro was corny as hell. She can't even pretend it wasn't. The scene then changed to a woman, probably in her late twenties, tasting something before wincing and throwing the entire container away, then proceeding to cook something before a "pass me the salt". Wendy doesn't want to come off as weird or anything, but her facial expressions and movements seem too lively to be labelled just as mere graphics. Just as she attempts to pass the salt, her elbow accidentally knocks the poor mug over, spilling all its contents over her gaming pc.
"Oh, for 's sake!" she curses under her breath before tentatively wiping her device, but she swears she saw visible sparks all around the gaming system but later dismisses the thought, blaming it on her sleep-deprived state. Shutting down the device, she flops on her bed exhaustingly.

**

Wendy blinks her eyes open lazily, still adjusting to the strong sunlight. She doesn't even want to imagine what absolute hell those three must be going through. Also, who the hell even parted those curtains open? It definitely wasn't her. She still ignores it but only after washing up, she suddenly became aware of her senses. She sniffs, a tad concentrated this time and..... yep. Pancakes.


Why the her room is wafting with pancake aroma? 


She hurries towards the kitchen, already assuming. But what kind of burglars will break into some apartment to make some pancakes?
She rushes towards the kitchen and freezes. She can only see the backside of a very familiar woman, most probably in her late twenties, dressed in an apron and humming to herself while enthusiastically flipping the pancakes over.

This CANNOT be for real. It's not her. She's hallucinating. It's not her. It's not her. 

Wendy doesn't even know what to say so she just waits for the woman to turn around but somehow, she was kind of scared if she actually did. When the woman actually did turn around and smile at her, she feels her blood run cold.

It was HER. How the was it her? 

"I thought of cooking something grand, but since its morning, pancakes should be alright." Her words strung teasingly along her measured cadence as she raises a brow.
Not an animated video game character who just crawled out of the game (?) who is very much alive and talking, teasing her on their first meet. No way in hell she's actually considering this. She might be drunk, or she is still dreaming, or this is just a prank--
"Are you okay?" the- whatever it was- asks her gently.
 Not knowing how to take it Wendy just shrieks. Perhaps she shouldn't have screamed out of the blue as the raven-haired woman gets startled really badly and shrieks too in the sheer absurd of it all, surpassing Wendy as her voice's shriller in comparison. When the duo finally calms down after what seemed like ages, the woman looks at her accusingly, but Wendy chooses to ignore it.
"No. I'm not okay. H-how do you expect me to be okay when the first thing in the morning I am served with is ing pancakes! A-and what the even are you? D-did you just crawl out of that video game?"
"Pancakes are classy," the woman pouts, offended," A-a-and we teleport. gracefully. Not crawl like savages-"
"Wait a minute, 'we'?" Wendy turns around frantically, "There are MORE?!"
"No. It's just me here, "she smiles charmingly, which did calm the brunette but only to a little extent, "Don't worry. I won't bother you much."
"No, um, listen to me," she reduces the huge amount of distance between them, trying to be as polite as she can, "Did you really....t-teleport out of that game?"
"Why?" the woman puffs a breath, making her bangs rise a bit, "You can't believe it?"
"No, I-" she splutters a bit, trying to make sense of the situation,"-because you see this is not at all normal--"
"Ughh~" the woman rolls her eyes, "You are so annoying."
Wendy taken aback by the rude offence, somehow turns her shock and distress form into anger and annoyance.
"Alright then, "she frowns, "Let me ask you something else. What are you doing in my apartment?" She asks, rudeness bearing her tone. She doesn't care if she isn't being polite to the AI or whatever it is for she had enough. 
"To have some fun I guess because y'know," She makes a peace sign, "Yolo."
"Get out."
"Ummm...." She pretends to ponder, then smiles coyly, "Nope."
"What do you mean 'nope'? Just get out."
"No I really can't," She becomes serious (for the first time),"Since they already teleported me here, I can't leave before the allocated period in the contract."
"I didn't get in terms with any contract."
"Not you," She dismisses with a wave, "Them".
"Who's 'them'? Sooyoung?"
"Nope. Creators have nothing to do with all this," She denies with a faint shake of her head, "It's kind of confidential so......I'm not really sure if I should disclose it to you."
"I see," Wendy nods impatiently, "Get out."
"Where're you getting that from?" She frowns, almost innocently.
"Since you can't teleport back, please be a little empathetic and leave." She grits her teeth, agitation radiating from every fiber of her body.
"No you don't get it. I'm fated to be with you. So please cooperate and let me stay here." She taps her index fingers together, batting her eyelashes naively.
"I'm what to be with you?" She frowns disgustingly, "Get out. Just get the out before I ring the cops!"
"A-are you kicking out a helpless fragile woman like me?" She dramatically falls down and clutches her chest, "Are you that heartless? Am I worth the exchangeable label that you put on me?" She proceeds to wipe her non-existent tears.
"I'm not exchanging you, I can assure you that. I'm just politely asking you to leave." She coldly retorts.

Of course, this woman was designed by Sooyoung. Of course. 

"It's always safe for us to, y'know," She sniffs, "Stay with our gamers for the time-being. And this place just scares the out of me. Plus, you seem like an okay person. I don't know what would I've done if it was-" She cups her cheeks as if she was really scared, "-some weirdo."
"Well, what if I'm worse?" 
"There's nothing worse than those guys." She gets up as her emotional breakdown was over.
"Oh really?" Wendy gradually paces towards her, the other woman stepping backwards until her back confronts with the kitchen counter, "Are you really that convinced that I can't be one of those ual offenders who are just walking free in this crowded city?"
She lands her hands on both sides of the counter table to pin the woman but leaving enough space for her to escape, and leans further, "Are you certain that I can't be a serial killer? A sadistic psychopath? Or a erted incel who has never seen or felt a woman in real life?"
Wendy sees her visibly gulp, her big doe eyes wavering a bit, probably a bit of fear and doubt creeping in her, making her contemplate her decisions. Good. She intentionally meant her actions and words to be uncomfortable, if that what it takes the woman to leave. Just when she thinks she was able enough-
"You can do whatever you want to do to me." She smirks seductively at her.
She can't be for real. 
Wendy, already accepting defeat, pulls away from her, head hung low making the other woman laugh hysterically.
"How can you be so sure?"
"You seem okay." The woman shrugs.
"Why are you-" She pinches the bridge of her nose frustratingly, "You shouldn't trust people here that carelessly."
"You are fine." She teasingly emphasis on fine, unabashedly hinting the double meaning.
"Why are you making this so hard for me? Why don't you just live with Sooyoung?"
"No!" She gasps loudly, startling the CEO a bit, "Sorry. It's just there were a few of us who decided to stay with their creators, and all of them turned out to be dead. I mean I know maybe I'm overexaggerating but staying with our creators will always turn out to be chaotic and a predicament. And I'm a bit traumatized since those incidents, so please go easy on me."
"Oh. Sorry." She clears awkwardly, "Why don't you stay with Kun? He's a good fella. I know him."
"I felt like I was on cloud nine when my gamer didn't turn out to be a man. Please don't take away that happiness from me."
"Well, I have friends who are......n-not men too. You can stay with th-"
"No thanks."
"Why do you keep on contradicting me?" She frowns before glancing at her wristwatch, "I'm late to work, thanks to you."
"it's alright. I made you pancakes." She shoves the plate filled with pancakes towards her, with Wendy sitting at the table and obediently taking it.
"See? it's not that bad to have me around, I can cook anything you want."
"I don't want you to go around cooking for me." Her words makes the other woman pout.
"Why are you so lively?" Wendy finally asks her what has been bothering her since last night, "You look entirely like a normal human being... like you don't even have those AI generated hologram effect on you. You're so perfect-" she pauses since she might've mistranslated her thoughts a bit there, "- I mean, there's no difference between a normal human being and you."
"Well, first of all, I know. I know I'm perfect," She sighs dramatically, inspecting her manicured nails, "It can be such a burden sometimes. and second of all, thanks for the compliment but I'll not flatter myself over it, since I'll be getting those every day from now on."
Wendy can't really pretend to care that she dodged the question, so she just got back to her pancakes. "Thanks for the pancakes...." She awkwardly trails.
"Joohyun. Bae Joohyun," She smiles gratefully at her, "I personally adore the name. Can you please thank Sooyoung for it?"
"Or you can accompany me to work today and do it yourself."
"Really? You would let me accompany you?" She squeals, not really waiting for an answer, "Thank you, Seungwan. You're so cool."
Wendy feels her lips tugging upwards a bit, before returning to her grim demeanor again, "How do you know my birth name?"
"Oh well, gamers need to put in their names before even starting this whole gaming thing, in their rookie period and your cute fourteen-year-old self typed in Seungwan slash Wendy but I concluded I liked Seungwan." Joohyun looks up at her, only to see the calmness in her brown orbs obliterating due to the arising suspicion, and realizes it was understandable.
Screw it. 
" You see........" She begins reluctantly, "We are from a totally different universe, which is called, you know, technically it should've been named something which is related to the gaming universe or something like that, but it's called something like neo c-cam.... camera-" She ceases her monologue to grin at Wendy frowning with absolute bewilderment. "-Well, whatever it's called. Anyways, so whatever games you play, all of us, the characters, we all subsist there."
"All of them?" Wendy asks, curiosity oozing in her voice.
"Uh-huh. So, like you folks, we have a superior in-charge there too. He is kind of the mastermind behind all of this, the one who handles everything so he's the one who sent me to you."
"Why?"
"This entire portal which exists for us to transcend ourselves to earth was kind of created by our 'precursors' or whatever they say, they kind of affirmed it to be mandatory to visit our gamers, to bond with them, and no one's that brave to disobey our ancestors. It doesn't apply in every case but looks like its applied to yours. Since I'm out of the game, I'm now totally a real, normal human being. Like you." She heaves a dramatic sigh, going through inevitable pain for the explanation- which was still unclear to Wendy.
"But Sooyoung-"
"It doesn't matter which planet the creators are from, we will always end up on neo counsel or wherever the I'm from."
"Okay," She hesitantly nods, "So you'll leave once the allocated period assigned to you ends?"
"Yes, unless," She twirls a strand of her hair, and winks flirtatiously, "You don't want me to."
With utmost effort, Wendy musters the will to restrain herself from rolling her eyes, and instead opts for a simple sigh, "I'm heading off to work. I'm guessing you can help yourself with that enormous wardrobe upstairs." she points upstairs while rushing to dress herself up.
"okiee~~" 
"By the way, how long is the assigned duration?"
"Pfft," She dismisses it with a wave of her hand, "Don't worry yourself, it's not that long. just six months!" She chirps happily, but it quickly morphs into widened eyes and a startled jump.
"ARE YOU SHIITING ME? GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUUU-"

**

 

Wendy unamusedly looks at a very excited Joohyun marveling at the sight of the bustling city, looking like those white kids who claps when they see the most mundane things. Seoul looked all the same to Wendy, the same b city she has been seeing ever since her childhood. 

Joohyun was living her 'the' life. Stumbling in the most luxurious villa she has ever been to, her gamer not bossing around, her claiming that they should go shopping as the 'enormous' wardrobe was not enough for her and Seungwan concurring to her demands, and now travelling around the expensive, crammed up city while being seated in the most extravagant Porsche, accompanying Seungwan to her workplace to meet her creator. Can life for Bae Joohyun get any better? It was more than obvious that Joohyun stumbled into a not so regular gamer, at least according to what she saw up till now because Seungwan seemed to be filthy rich. And hella fine.

**

 

It's been barely fifteen minutes inside and Joohyun already seems aggressively pumped up 'bout the fact that the corporate building had glass doors, causing everyone to get intrigued by the loud voice until Wendy appears right after her signaling them back to their work. On top of all that, all the men were ogling and practically drooling at the sight of Joohyun- which unexpectedly made Wendy's blood boil. Sure, Bae Joohyun is a living masterpiece. Most undoubtedly. She was made to turn heads around, urging all the other insignificant, mediocre people to witness the empowering beauty that God herself sculpted patiently and most lovingly but it makes Wendy clench her jaw at the way they looked fervently at her exposed shoulders and legs and decides to take care of it later.

Of course, Sooyoung was not in her usual place, and Wendy knows precisely where she was as she impatiently strides to a different section of the building, with Joohyun skipping beside her, to witness just what she expected-- Sooyoung leaning over Kyungsoo's desk to complain about the immense pressure that she is under.
The surprising thing was Kyungsoo never seemed to get worn-out of Sooyoung's daily rants which were more or less identical every day. It was either about her profuse hatred towards her job or how she abhors looking at her desk mate Yesung because of his menacing habit of stealing her bungeoppang.  Actually, Kyung-Soo was devoid of any presentable expression but still it looked like he was rather entertained by those rants.

 

"Having a tough day again, Sooyoung?" Wendy asks, just for the sake of it.
"Wannie~~" It seemed more like a call for help than a greeting, "The new recruit is sooo annoying. She just tries and tries to extend our small talk and honestly, it's so-." She huffs a breath out of annoyance.
"I think the new recruit is really charming though." Kyungsoo monotonously responds, his eyes persistent on the screen.
"Does she bother you in any sort?" Joohyun asks out of genuine concern, but maybe she shouldn't have because right after, the three of them whips their heads towards her which in turn causes her to get anxious and hide herself behind Wendy.
"Do you want to introduce yourself to Sooyoung?" Wendy whispers, aware of the figure trying to hide herself behind her.
"This is Sooyoung?"
"Yes." 
"You go first." Joohyun says while peeking behind Wendy to inspect Sooyoung as well as being scrutinized by Wendy's intense gaze. 
Wendy wanted to say Sooyoung already knew her, obviously, but a new idea gathered inside of her, urging her to take revenge of the morning teasing.
Joohyun slowly faces her, "What? Ladies first."
"AIs first." 
Joohyun confusedly narrows her eyes before lightly bumping her shoulder with hers' accusingly, whispering infuriatedly, "That's totally ridiculous. There's nothing like that."
"There is." She says, a bit amused.
"Why are you being so painfully insufferable?" Joohyun whisper-yells, "Just go first!"
"Aren't you a lady too?"
Joohyun grips the roots of her own hair in frustration, being really close to rip them apart, "You're so-"
"Are we interrupting something?" Sooyoung asks, amid of being amused and perplexed, and Kyungsoo just staring.
"She has something to tell you." Wendy moves aside, startling Joohyun.
"I-"
Kyungsoo gets up from his seat quite abruptly, with the other two straightening their posture and kept bowing continuously. She looks around to find everyone eerily doing the same gesture until the clacking of stilettos became clearer, and as she turns around, she understands why.
The woman was dressed in a red tight gown, showing her incredible and gentle curves, her ears, neck and her mesh hand gloves were adorned with diamonds. Her black shades contrasted with her brick red lipstick and attire, but it somehow looked more eloquent. She was surrounded by men, probably her bodyguards, looking small yet more formidable than them as if she mastered in the degree of casting an intimidating aura that screamed 'power'- her presence enough to make anyone cower in front of her, and it was more than enough to make Joohyun instinctively bow in a complete 180-degree angle without even knowing who the woman was.

The woman lazily took off her shades to fling it off somewhere- only for it to be clumsily caught by one of those men. 
"Stop that already I'm getting dizzy." 
All of them momentarily stops but maybe the other employees had misinterpreted the command and was quick to return in their bowing position as the woman gave them a curt glare before returning her gaze to them- pretty lovingly all of a sudden.
"Wendy~" The woman calls out in something between a whine and a sigh, raising her hands to cup her own face.
"Yes?" Wendy asks, eagerness abounding in her voice.
"Mr. Jeon Yoon Shik will be celebrating his 10th anniversary of Jeon Tennis Association Club for Women so he wants me to be present as an 'inspiration' for the girls and I don't want to go alone," She whines, "You and the gang should come."
Wendy's countenance quickly transforms into a tired scowl, "I don't want to be associated with anything that man does."
"Do you think I care for that knob-head?" She scowls at Wendy, "I just want some company. Don't betray me."
"I won't. I promise, Ms. Im." She bows, wincing at the profanity.
"I already said, you and Sooyoung don't need bow to me," She clicks her tongue, "You guys never listen to me." She squints a bit to look at a tiny woman still bent in a 180-degree position, "Who's this manner-freak?"
"She's not a manner-" Wendy chuckles nervously while patting Joohyun to get up, "She's a...."
"CEO Son's secretary!" Kyungsoo absurdly exclaims from behind.
Both of them slowly turns towards Kyungsoo with a glare, Wendy's intensity surpassing Sooyoung's.
"I'm Bae Joohyun. it's a pleasure to meet you." Joohyun smiles, totally unaware of the sudden tension in the atmosphere.
"Wow that's quite-" the woman nods slowly, "-unpredictable. You should've at least consulted to me about this."
"Ms. Im I-" Wendy splutters, not knowing how to handle the situation.
"I'm not mad at you though. You're the CEO. you can do anything," She inhales deeply and grits her teeth, "I'm just a bit surprised."
"Are you okay?" 
The woman flares up at Kyungsoo's naive concern, "No I'm not, you rascal! I'm just suppressing it really good which won't apply to the rest of you!" She turns to the others before shifting her glare back to Wendy, "Make sure she's worth it, bastard!"- making Wendy step backwards a little.
The woman turns hot on her heels, clacking on the marbled floor harshly, "Don't be late for the event and make sure to bring your personal secretary!"
"You look pretty today." Wendy compliments quickly but it wasn't really acknowledged or welcomed by the lady.
"Why is she furious about the fact that I'm your secretary?" Joohyun enquires, once the woman was out of earshot, "Does she have a personal vendetta against secretaries?'
The other two women were barely paying her any heed as they were much more interested in charging Kyungsoo mercilessly with the other employees just minding their own business as if this was a normal everyday occurrence.
"Who the hell instilled that ty idea into your brains?" Wendy seethes while Sooyoung rakes his collar in a passive-aggressive manner, blabbering straight out unclassy terms but the most insane thing was Kyungsoo displaying an expression which was not that of fear or shock- but just a mere hint of amusement flashing through his eyes. Their dynamic was weird.  Joohyun thought. Weirdly cute actually. 
"No. it's just that our dear CEO, Ms. Son here, didn't have a secretary all these years and Ms. Im really admired her for it." Kyungsoo blandly explains, all the while getting harassed by the duo.
"I really don't mind being Seungwan's secretary," Joohyun cheerfully admits, making Wendy whip her head towards her, and Sooyoung slowly turning towards her bewilderedly, "But who was that?"
"Ms. Im Nayeon, her great ancestors are the founder of this firm, Im Enterprises and Co," Sooyoung explains while still looking befuddled and a bit suspicious, " How do you know her birth name by the way? who are you? where are you fro-"
"Um well, I can explain it all," Joohyun leans in to whisper in her ear," But not in front of this owl." She points not so discreetly towards a wide-eyed Kyungsoo. An owl indeed. 
"It's not like he cares but okay. In the conference room. Right now." Sooyoung leans to whisper in her ear too, proving that Joohyun was indeed her creation- the whole act making Wendy and Kyungsoo share a bored look before rolling their eyes.
**
After tolerating a perplexed Sooyoung, an overly hyped up Joohyun to a tirade of both of them being weirdly sappy about losing and finding each other, and their own personal breakdown at the revelations, Wendy decides to take a troll in the office, checking up on a few and helping them since this year there has been a lot of interns and newly recruited employees who were still inexperienced and tense about their new job- except this one intern who has been nothing but an absolute bubbly ball of sunshine. 
"Everything good?" Wendy asks the new intern, while handing her coffee.
"Yes-oh! Thank you!" Seulgi giggles and shyly accepts the offer, "It wasn't really necessary."
"How is it?" Wendy asks a bit nervously as Seulgi takes a sip.
"Sweet. Like you, Ms. Son." She winks playfully before getting back to work nonchantly, as if she didn't notice the hue crimson tinting her boss' cheeks, sprinting its way quickly down her neck and on the tip of her ears, before she clears and strides away- making Seulgi giggle to herself.
**
"Wan-ah, she is completely like a normal human being, like us."

After the entire reveal fiasco that occurred early, Wendy was personally dragged by Sooyoung to the HRM conference room, with Sooyoung implementing the fact that there's more to 'unleash'.
"Yeah, Sooyoung. I know that."
"Then," She sighs dramatically, "Is it really necessary to take entire responsibility of her by yourself because I know damn well she's not settled, is she?"
"What do you want me to do? Won't it be too insensitive to kick her out when she came here for me?"
"I know but the thing is, "She says concernedly, "She is completely capable of all sorts of feelings, emotions and desires, Wan-ah. She could develop a fixation for anyone here, or worse-you because, you know, she doesn't have attachment issues like you." Sooyoung teases a bit, making Wendy sarcastically scoff a bit, "And this could create a huge dilemma for her, and everything will be so messed up. A total predicament."
"Ughh this is ridiculous," Wendy sighs tiredly, "I'm the one who's stuck in a dilemma now."
"She could stay with me," Sooyoung suggests readily, "It's just that it'll be really messy if she develops any sorts of feelings towards you. I don't think they have any restrictions regarding gender or ual orientation."
"It's alright. I'd be maintaining a respectable distance between us and a small talk protocol. Besides," She grins while pinching the other's cheek, "It's not like anyone would fall for our es."
"You're actually attractive," Sooyoung pouts, "I'll absolutely claw my eyes out if she falls for some weirdo here."
"I can concur, but I don't think she'll fall for someone like that. She looks pretty smart."
"Of course, she is," She flips her hair dramatically, "I'm the one who raised her."
"Okay, omma," She smiles, "And whatever. It's not like I'm into women." She laughs airily but Sooyoung only stares at her with an unreadable expression.
***
The next day, Wendy had a hunch that perhaps it was ought to be spent differently as Joohyun walked into room dressed not really extravagantly but also not basic, and with a gaze that said she might not be wearing something too flamboyant now but definitely wanted to later.
"A-are you going somewhere?" Wendy still asks, just as a confirmation.
"Obviously. I have to somewhat dress decently for the event."

Oh. The event- which she has been completely overlooking. 

".... And, since you already promised we would go shopping...." She trails, shyly scratching her cheek but it only made Wendy tilt her head in confusion.
"Wha-"
Joohyun puffs out air and scrambles frantically for the nearest thing, and finally picks up a toothbrush to hurl it towards the CEO, and whines, "So you are accompanying me today!"
**
SUGGESTED MUSIC IN THE BACKGROUND: ONE SHOT TWO SHOT by BoA
"Are you really for real?" Wendy pinches the nose of her bridge in frustration when Joohyun insisted to go for a fourth round because she was still 'dissatisfied' with her dress code. They have been shopping and it was almost noon, making Wendy crave for supper or something edible.
"I don't really think red goes with this green. Why are the colour combinations so weird?" Joohyun huffs while inspecting her dress, totally ignoring the other.
"Joohyun-sshi. Let's ea-" she intakes a long breath as she gets interrupted by a squeal, and sees Joohyun rushing to a man, who was supposedly holding out yet another dress for her.
"What do you think about this one?" The man asks while swaying the dress.
"You are awesome, Kibum-sshi." She giggles while sprinting to the changing room with the dress.
"You are worth it, gir- oh my!" The man, Kibum, jumps, startled by a loud grumbling noise, "What the hell was that?"
Wendy, very much aware by the sound her stomach made, drapes her hand protectively around her belly, "Nothing."
*

Its must've have been around almost one hour and Joohyun still hasn't returned from the changing room. It's a miracle that Wendy didn't already doze off. She let out a puff of air as she remains seated on the couch, her hands wrapped lazily around a soft toy that she still doesn't know how she found it. She was almost snoozing off when the door opens a tad bit dramatically. 
She was going to snap at Kibum for clapping like a five-year old toddler, but momentarily pauses as her gaze lands on Joohyun. She feels as if someone poured a bucket of cold water all over her. 

Joohyun was wearing a candy pink blazer over her beige crop top, with a skirt of the same colour as the top, finishing her attire with a candy pink beret. Her hair neatly cascaded down her shoulders, showing off her earrings. her neck was adorned with minimal jewelry, completing the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter