chapter 1: Wishing well

REWIND: A new beginning after the death

Warning: Strong profanity, typographical and grammatical errors ahead.


Lisa

The sound of the birds chirping is one of the most peaceful and calming sounds in the world. But, no, not today. I don't like the idea of walking around at the moment because of the very hot weather. But, I have to do groceries, or else I'll starve to death. As you can see, I'm a lazy person who always wanted to be in her chamber—watching movies and playing online games. It may sound boring to you, but for me, it's way better than making more wrong decisions in life.

I have been living full of regrets for years now. I never did anything right. I always rush things, thinking that they wouldn't affect me. Who am I kidding? I make choices in life wherein it would satisfy me not because I think it was the right thing to do. I have to do that nasty thing for me to earn money and survive. Greedy is what you called it. But, I only live once, I do what I desire.

"That's for $10, miss."

I took my wallet from my pocket and handed the payment to the woman. I did my thank you and walked out of the store. The classes will start tomorrow and here I am just chilling my . As I said, I'm a lazy person who just wants to lay in bed for the entire ing day. However, I don't want my parents to suffer more because of my indolence, so as a good daughter, I'm still going to attend classes.

My thoughts were cut off by a lady in her 60s, I guess? She's sitting beside a wishing well that looks very ancient-wait, when was it here? I've been here a few times but this is the first time I saw this wishing well. Or was I being stupid enough not to be aware of my surroundings?

"Young lady, do you have any wish?"

Huh? Is she talking to me? I take a look around and found out that I was the only one there, so I assume she was asking me.

"Hmm, no. I was just wondering when was it here?" I asked, pointing at the wishing well. She smiled at me and starts running her finger to one of the bricks.

"This wishing well will only appear if someone wants to have a second chance in life. If someone is so hopeless to the point that he/she were ready to throw away their life. If someone wants to redo their decisions in life."

At this point, I don't understand what she was saying. Old people these days are weird.

"Make a wish, young lady. Make a wish before it disappears right before your eyes."

My eyebrows lifted out of confusion. What the hell? We are living in the 21st century, I'm not a kid anymore to be convinced of such .

"Sorry, Grandma. But, I don't understand what you were saying right now. I just passed by here to buy groceries. I have to go now."

I was about to leave but the old lady stop me by holding the hem of my shirt. This is getting weird, people!

"Your eyes look lifeless. It somewhat tells me how many regrets you did in the past. How lonely you are."

My jaw dropped at what I just heard. There are no words that came out of my mouth.

"This is once in a lifetime, young lady. Make your wish or regret everything at the end."

I sighed and get a coin from my pocket. It's not like I believe in this ing wishing well. I just want to go home and rest. I chose to walk closer to the well, dropping the coin inside it, and shut my eyes. So what I'm going to wish for? Ah.

"In every wrong decision I make, give me chances to make it right from the beginning."

Hearing what I said, a soft chuckle escape my mouth. I look ridiculous for doing this. When I opened my eyes and finally let the light in, shock encircled my whole body. The well in front of me was gone. I turned around to ask something to the old lady but she was nowhere to be found.

"What the hell?"

                                                    ***** 

 

[August 16, Monday, 7:30 AM]

 

I woke up so early today to go to school. Hell, I don't want to be the center of attraction for being late. It is not a nice impression for me on the first day, you know. What happened yesterday is still bothering me, but I shrugged it off thinking maybe I'm just hungry. Yeah, right, hungry. Stop thinking about it Lisa, that was nothing. As soon as I arrive in front of the school gate, I got out of my bike.

 

"Lisa Manoban!"

 

that voice. Why does she love ruining my ing morning? I mean, it was already ruined but she only made it worse.

 

"Can you lower your voice next time? You don't need to shout my full name, idiot," I grabbed my bag from the basket of my bicycle without giving her a single glance and began to walk to my designated class.

 

"Woah, calm down, will you? I simply want to greet my favourite friend."

 

"Hold your ing tongue, Seulgi."

 

She met up with my speed and stop me from walking. What the hell does this girl need this time?

 

"Why do you keep pushing me away? Were you always like that? Or is it your way to protect yourself?"

 

I sighed and looked at her this time. She's so eager to be my friend. She's been pestering me since my first year of college but I never give her a chance. It's not that I don't like her to be my friend. I'm just doing good on my own. Friendship will just hold me back and will stop me from doing the things I want to do. They will gonna betray you at the end of the day just like what I did to those people who trusted me.

 

"How many times did you ask me about this? And how much longer do I have to tell you to stay out of my goddamn business?"

 

"I just want to be friends with you. I want you to trust me. I want you to realize that there's more in this world that you haven't seen. That they are wrong in what they assumed about you. "

 

A dry laugh slips away from my mouth as I walk closer to her. I can sense that some students are watching us.

 

"Do you think I care about what's going on in this world? Do you think everyone wants to be friends with you? Even if they want, I don't. Stop creating an imaginary version of me that is perfect when it doesn't even exist in the very first place. Stop being delusional, Seulgi." I told her firmly which made her look down and decided to walk away from me. Good!

 


"You shouldn't say those harsh words to her. "


A familiar slim yet tall girl with blonde hair—looking so expensive with the same uniform as me, came up all of a sudden. Dang, another bothersome again. Why do people want to irritate me so much today? Do they have nothing to do in their lives? Tell me, is provoking the hell out of me a new hobby of theirs?

"I don't have time for another argument, Chaeyoung. If you have nothing important to say, better keep your mouth shut."

Seulgi and Chaeyoung are part of the student council. Yes, you read it right.  

Kang Seulgi
4th year College
Student council Secretary

 

 

Park Chaeyoung
4th year College
Student council Vice President

 

They were both well-known to this school or should I say—it sounds cringe but—they're prominent. Besides being hella rich, they also rock the top list of honors. Hmm-mm, they're one of the top dogs. I hate to admit this but because of them, this incompetent school runs smoothly as it should. It became successful by providing us with the high-quality learning that every student deserves. Let's say, this is one of the students' dreams. Anyway, let's get back to Chaeyoung.

 

"Chill, I don't have time either to argue with someone like you. Talking to a commoner like you exhaust me a lot."

 

During the years I've been studying here, I always encounter her in every corner of this school. She enjoys to provoke me every time she had a chance to do so. Me, being myself, I only gave her cold comebacks. I'm glad we didn't end up beating each other's faces. Well, she's a member of the student council, and using violence against me is out of her way. What a professional .

 

Hearing no response from me, a wry smile spread on her lips. She sat on one of the benches, crossing her legs and arms as she gazes up at me. This view of her is effin y. No wonder, those guys and girlies from this school never get tired of pursuing her.

 

"It's my first time not getting any response after I insulted you. Are you perhaps accepting defeat at this moment?"

 

"No, I just realized having this view of you in front of me, pushes me to think of something I shouldn't be," I replied halfhearted while glancing down at my wristwatch to check the time. I still have 10 minutes before the class starts.

 

"Oh? Is that so?"

 

She stood up and come nearer to me. Resting her left hand on my upper chest and whispers huskily near my left ear saying, "Don't make me laugh. The Lisa Manoban I know has never felt something to anyone whether it's attraction, remorse, or sympathy. A heartless, selfish that ever exist. Backstabbing and fooling everyone is her contentment."

 

When she said that, she stared seductively into my eyes, gently my left cheek and revealing the most annoying smirk I've ever seen. I'm offended, yes, but what she says is the truth anyway. I ain't going to deny it.

 

"I'm warning you, Lisa. If you're planning something for this school, I won't think twice to scratch that face of yours before you can do anything. Don't make me your enemy."

 

Warns Chaeyoung. Turning her back on me, she finally decided to walk away. I let out a breath as soon as there was no sight of her. Aren't we already enemies? But, when she's warning me, her voice quickly switches from seductive to dangerous. That gives me goosebumps though.

 

[The sound of a bell ringing, indicates that class just started]

 

Oh , I forgot the time. I'm doomed late. 

late.

 

 

Lisa Manoban
4th year College 

----------

Idk how to attach pictures here!  ಥ‿ಥ