The Holy and the Beautiful

The Love Story

--

Siwon stood no chance against the maknae.

The first time he saw the younger boy, he had felt something tugged at his heart. Kyuhyun was not perfect. His hair was a mess, his eyes swollen from the lack of sleep. He was a man of little words. A little cold, a little grumpy. He was not even smiling when he greeted Siwon for the first time.

But there was just an odd charm emitting from him, he found the maknae breathtakingly beautiful. Siwon was not sure whether it was the bright eyes or the deep voice. But he was attracted to the younger man at first sight.

He could only get more amazed when he heard Kyuhyun sang for the first time. In contrast to his cold exterior, his voice was rich in emotions. Siwon could feel tears welling up at the back of his eyes as the maknae belt out the love song.

And from that moment on, Siwon knows, his heart is no longer with him.

But going after Kyuhyun was not an easy task. He soon learnt that the maknae is allergic to flowers. He hates diamonds because he thinks that they are unethical and a waste of money. He does not like chocolates either - they hurt his throat. And no, singing love songs to him does not work, he will just pick on your mistakes.Compliementing does not score points, it just earns scowls.

It took Siwon a long time, after uncountable rejections before he realized what makes the maknae ticks.

It was during one of their autograph session. The crowd was beyond their imagination. They were trying to make their way past the crowd when a male fan reached out and grabbed Kyuhyun unexpectedly. Before the security could respond, the fan turned Kyuhyun around and attempted to press his lips against his idol's. The maknae was shocked and stood frozen. Without thinking twice, Siwon shoved the fan away and put his arm protectively around the younger man, making sure the maknae never left his sight all the way till they got on the van.

Siwon swore he saw a tinge of redness on the apple cheeks.

Another incident happened when the lift to the dorm broke down. Kyuhyun, Siwon and Eunhyuk were grumpily climbing the stairs up to their dorm. The clumsy Kyuhyun had missed a step, and without a second thought, Siwon grabbed onto him. Together they rolled down the stairs, with Siwon cushioning the maknae's fall.

Kyuhyun escaped with minor bruises, but the not so lucky Siwon ended up with a badly sprained ankle and was unable to walk properly for a week. The maknae had made sure he had food delivered to his room, and had personally pushed his wheelchair for him whenever he wants to go, showering him with love and concern.

Siwon had prayed to God for a slow recovery.

He won the maknae's heart not long later, after pursuing him for a total of 1 year 8 months and 20 days. If he knew falling down the stairs would do the trick, he would have done that a long time ago.

--

Siwon looked down at his lover who was lying in his arms.

"What are you thinking about?" Kyuhyun asked lazily.

Siwon smiled, "Thinking about how I lucky I am to win that heart of yours."

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, "Don't be so cheesy."

"You love me anyway."

"In your dreams." The maknae glared at him, scowling.

But the scowl did not stop Siwon from noticing the tinge of redness on his face.

How cute.

"Stop smiling like an idiot." Kyuhyun scolded, giving him a smack on the head.

Siwon smiled even wider.

Nope, he did not stand a chance against the maknae. Not at all.

--