one

yes to heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1989

Marks are difficult to cover, the makeup isn't good enough to hide the huge purple spot covering Rosé's right eye.

She was trying to find a reason, perhaps if it was her fault, for not making her husband's food a little less thick. However, the fury that the drink provoked in that man was unbearable and Rosé always got the worst of it.

She never learned how to be a housewife, she married so young and innocent that every miserable mistake she made was a reason for scolding, beatings or mistreatment from her husband.

She had been trying to cover her black eye with foundation for about two hours. She got up early, before her husband woke up, just to put on her makeup and avoid comments from the neighbors.

After doing so, she went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for her spouse. She tried to be more exact with the measurements this time "so as not to ruin it".

She the living room television to keep company while she cooked. The news went on and on as Rosé set the table just the way her husband liked it: caffeine-free strong coffee with three sugars, two pieces of burnt toast with butter, two eggs and ham. Eventually she learned that in her mind.

"The Seoul Arts Gallery presented Jennie Kim's paintings for more than a week and they have been a complete hit with critics" announced a voice on TV.

Rosé's heart stopped when she heard that name, that beautiful name.

She stopped what she was doing to watch the television attentively. Jennie was attentively answering all the reporter's questions causing Rosé to feel her heart pumping hard every time the brunette smiled or let out a laugh.

"You finally did it" thought Rosé looking at the screen proudly seeing all the love Jennie's works were getting.

"...And tell us Jennie, why in most of your works do the girls not have faces?" asked the journalist. Jennie let out a smiling sigh. "Art critics have said that's one of the special touches in your works, especially in your painting 'Roses' " Jennie shrugged.

"I think it's just something that occurred to me once and I liked it so much that I replicated it in all my works" Jennie replied downplaying it.

Rosé let out a nostalgic sigh, all her memories came flooding back into her consciousness as she watched the brunette on TV.

She turned off the television as she noticed her husband approaching the kitchen. She stood like a sergeant in front of her captain, waiting for the man.

She watched as the guy passed in front of her planting a forced and disgusting kiss on her cheek.
The man sat down at the table to eat quickly. It was about twenty minutes before he went into work. Rosé watched him out of the corner of her eye not daring to cross glances with him.

A noise intervened in the uncomfortable silen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter