Two

Sweet like lemon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jumping on her steps, Dara walked home all excited from school. She had eagerly waited for the week to end, and it was finally Friday. As the three of them discussed last week, Dara came up with an idea, and it was settled, they are going to the theme park. It wasn’t their first time but previously she had eaten something bad and was throwing up after the first ride, despite her assurance that she was okay Jiyong dragged her to the hospital straight out. Well all in all thanks to her they weren’t able to have a tiny bit of fun.

 

But this time she had forbidden herself to not have any snacks or drinks at least not until they finished all the tricky rides. She even invited her friends to join them, so nothing shall go wrong. Oh, that reminds her she gotta try to find something to wear, something cute. 

 

“I’m home” she declared, dragging her legs to the shop’s kitchen. “I want something to eat” wailing with her shoulders slumped down already checking bowls inside the fridge, a bowl of dumplings caught her attention but before she could savor it granny slapped her hands. “Wash up before you touch food, how many times do I have to tell you Dara” and there she goes again.

 

The door chimed open, and Jiyong walked in, he just got back from a delivery. It was blazing outside today. He takes his bike for deliveries but it’s even worse with all his uniform and helmet, she saw his hair drenched and dripping from sweat. 

 

“Oh my, Jiyong it must have been hard with the heat out there” granny cooed as she hastily went to the fridge pulling out cold water for him. “Aigoo look at you, you are drenched” she wiped his forehead with her apron. Dara watched the whole scene with pure interest. Knowing her grandma and the years she had seen the two, her granny never hesitates to show off their love in front of her. Tsch her lips as she went beside him, taking containers out of his hands, even holding a hand fan for him. 

 

Dara never complained about it though, Jiyong deserves every single affection he gets. She had never seen him sulking or arguing about work. Even when he is sick or tired he would still comes and help granny regardless. Dara would complain in his place but he would just shake his hands every time saying he was fine. 

 

There was one day when she saw him with a bruise on his head like he was hit by a glass bottle. No matter how much she pestered him about it he wouldn’t say a word, that day too he continued to clean the shop. it‘s just later on she learned that his dad hit him after getting home drunk. She was ready to throw hands and stomp her way to his house but Yongbae stopped her. Now that she thinks about it, she doesn't know much about his personal life. he never speaks about, she doesn't even know where he lives. 

 

“I’ll go for the next delivery, you take rest oppa” she suggested taking off her own bag– didn’t even notice she had it on her till then, she took the apron in order to do the dishes. Her granny never hired anyone apart from Jiyong. This made Dara wonder if she just couldn’t trust others with work or if she just got fond of Jiyong.

 

“It’s okay, I’m fine. I can take another delivery” there he goes again. 

 

This is the only habit of his that irks her, he just doesn't let her help him. She knows that he is a few years older than her but she’s not a kid anymore that needs constant pampering. It's true she acts childish sometimes but hey that doesn't mean she doesn't understand this kind of stuff. She too wants to be of use.

 

“I said I’ll go then that’s it” she snapped, and continued to clean the dishes, slamming some once in a while. Jiyong and granny exchanged glances, it got them starlet at her sudden outburst. But Dara really does has a short temper sometimes like her father. Granny kept her silence and went back to chop onions. She didn’t dare to be in the middle between these two.

__

 

He had waited for the day to end so that he could talk to Dara, she hadn’t spared him a glance since earlier. He had to wait till the shop was closed and granny was out sitting on the table counting money, he got the chance to catch her as she went to throw trash. 

 

“Dara” he called, standing in front of her, blocking her way. “What about tomorrow, if you are mad at me then I can’t go with you guys,” he said watching her eyes shoot up. He knows exactly how to win over her. “I don’t want to make you uncomfortable” 

 

She slapped his arm hard, “if you don’t come tomorrow I would never talk to you for the rest.of.my.life'' how can he even say that they had been planning it since last week, she put her brain to work for their entire day schedule, even searched for restaurants to have lunch, if anyone dodges her tomorrow she wouldn’t hesitate to kill them. “Remember that. If I don’t see you here in the morning I’ll personally walk up to your house to drag you” she said in finality, walking past him.

 

Jiyong was smiling throughout the conversation, she can never stay angry for long, That he had learned about her during these years. She seems nonchalant but cares a lot about her people not to say sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter