Miss Kim, The New Teacher

Eyes Locked, Hands Locked
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Miss Kim, The New Teacher[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Chapter One[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Kim Minjeong walked behind the woman in purple. She looked around excitedly. It was whatever she wanted. A small school full of joyful children. They entered a classroom. 

"It's Mrs. Kim!" A little boy said in horror and sat down. The class went silent in a blink of an eye.

The participle smiled. "Everyone, congrats on the start of your fifth year of school."

"Seriously, there is nothing fun about the start of the academic year..." A boy said. 

"Jihoon!" Mrs. Kim glared at him before continuing. "And well, as you know... Mrs. Lee Jieun left to live in Seoul after marriage."

"Her husband is really handsome..."

Minjeong giggled at the girl's comment. 

"Whatever," Mrs. Kim said. "So we have a new teacher for you..." She put a hand on the young girl's shoulder. "She is Ms. Kim Minjeong, your new teacher."

"Hi!" She waved her hand.

"You are pretty!"

"Wow!"

"As nice as Ms. Lee!"

"You seem kind!"

"Kids! Be quiet!"

"It's ok, auntie Taeyeon," Minjeong whispered in her ear.

"Ok, so..." She clapped. "I'll leave. Behave correctly so she won't run away from our school."

"Ok!" They chanted before her exit.

Minjeong put the list on her desk and stood in front of it. "So... I'm Kim Minjeong and-" She paused when she saw a raised hand. "Please let me talk, if you had anything in mind that you wanted to ask, then I'll let you."

"Ok..."

She smiled. "Nice," She leaned against her desk and crossed her arms. "I'm twenty two years old, single. It's my first year as a teacher and... yes. I seem kind, but I'm really strict when it comes to studying," She said. "I am your principle's niece."

"God..."

"They look alike."

"Seriously?"

"It's scary now..."

She giggled. "So yeah... let's get started." She took her file and took out the list. "Raise your hand when I call your name."

*

Minjeong was walking in the school's yard that she saw one of her students sitting alone sadly. She went closer and sat next to her. "What's wrong, Jiwoo?"

The girl looked up at her. "Tonight, I'm going to be alone in the house."

She raised her eyebrows. "Why? Where are your parents?"

"My parents are gone... they passed away when I was only five. I live with my unnie."

"Ah... I'm so sorry," She put a hand on her shoulder. "Actually... my parents are dead too. I lost my mom, dad, and oppa in a car crash six months ago."

"Wow..." She whispered. "You are really cool, Miss Kim..."

"Cool?"

"My unnie says being strong is the coolest thing a human can do. You are really strong to bear all these pains."

Minjeong's smile faded away. "Thank you..." She mumbled. "So, where is this unnie of yours going?"

She shrugged. "I don't know..." She replied. "She leaves once a month and I have to stay home all alone. You know, it's sometimes really scary."

The teacher nodded. "I understand." She patted her shoulder. "Um... you can stay with us tonight."

"Huh?"

"I live with my auntie Taeyeon and his husband. You can stay at our house tonight."

"Can I for real?" She asked. "I don't think Mrs. Kim will like the idea though."

"She will, cause I'll be the one saying it."

"Ms. Kim!"

They turned to the woman, calling them. "I think... PE teacher wants to talk to you..." Jiwoo said. 

"Oh... right. I should be going now," She stood up. "Wait for me after school."

"Ok."

Minjeong went to the colleague who was calling her. "Aeri unnie?"

"Don't you know her?" She asked.

The girl shrugged. "She is one of my students, her name's Yoo Jiwoo."

The older teacher shook her head. "Minjeong-ah.. I'm telling you this because you are so nice and naive." She said. "Don't get close to that girl."

"Huh?"

"Her parents have died for an unknown reason. She lives with her sister who is a complete weirdo!" She crossed her arms. "Her unnie's name is Jimin, but people here call her Karina. She is a loner and doesn't talk a lot. She doesn't have any friends-"

"Wait," She raised her hand. "You mean... she is weird because she is introverted? Come on unnie! How can you judge people like this?"

"Believe it or not, villagers call her the cursed girl. I just wanted to warn you." She said. "You better take care of yourself."

"Fine."

*

Taeyeon and her son, Jisung, were waiting for her niece to come. The back seat door opened and Minjeong helped the little girl to get in the car. 

"Mom..." Jisung whispered, looking at the girl with wide open eyes. 

The woman turned back. "Minjeong, what are you-" She froze when she saw Jiwoo in her car. "What is she doing here?"

Minjeong closed the door and opened the front seat door and got in the car. "She told me that she is alone for tonight. So I asked her to stay with us."

"Minjeongie..." She sighed. "Fine, let's go."

*

Taeyeon opened the door and walked in. The girls followed her silently. "Baekhyun!" She called.

Minjeong looked around. She hadn't gone to their house after arriving. Her aunt's husband just took her to school and took her things home. 

"I'm here..." Baekhyun walked out of the room. He was still wearing his black vestment with the cross necklace. 

"Dad!" Jisung ran to him and he picked him up with a laughter. "I got a A+, now it's your turn to fulfill your promise."

"I will, young man." He looked at Minjeong. "How are you, daughter?"

"I'm fine. Thank you."

"You just come back from church?"

"Yes- oh! Jiwoo-ya..." He walked to the girl hiding behind Minjeong as soon as he saw her. "How are you?" He knelt down in front of her. 

"I'm fine, Father..."

He smiled and ruffled her hair affectionately. "Why are you here?"

"She said her unnie isn't home tonight, so... she was alone. I told her th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter