After All

You and Me, After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She sleeked back her hair, putting as little hair wax as possible but making sure it was enough to give her a clean look. Satisfied, she ran her index finger along the collar of her favorite polo shirt, straightening the creases to make it look crisp. Flashing a mischievous grin against her reflection on the mirror, she sprayed her favorite perfume.

She had this planned for months, and was thus both excited and anxious at the same time, hoping everything will go well. Otherwise, she would have to rely on her charms and flashing her dimples endlessly.

After all, it was their first Valentines Day together.

Chaeyoung grabbed her car keys and headed out. She has to pick her up at 6 AM and she cannot afford to be late.

---------------------------------------------------------------

She parked her car infront of her date's house. Though she has been there many times before, somehow her palms were sweaty that morning and her fingers shook when she rang the doorbell.

Then she appeared --- Myoui Mina, the girl of her dreams, the girl she would gladly do anything for. Wearing a tight green off-shoulder dress and with barely any make-up, Mina looked radiant under the soft sunlight.

Chaeyoung heard herself sigh and swoon, her eyes fixated on her beloved.

They smiled at each other and Chaeyoung quickly took Mina's hand, softly kissed her on the cheek, and whispered, "You are as beautiful as ever." Mina blushed softly at the compliment.

Chaeyoung led Mina towards the car, opening the door and guiding her towards the passenger seat. She then skipped her way to the other side of the vehicle, opening the door to the backseat and grabbed a package before popping in to the driver seat. "Happy Valentine's Day," she greeted with a smile.

She handed Mina a small paperbag, stapled at the top. Chaeyoung was never a fan of giftwrapping, and Mina found it a waste of paper anyway.

Mina took it and looked up at Chaeyoung, asking with her eyes whether she may open the gift. Chaeyoung shook her head. "Thank you," Mina said, before planting a kiss on Chaeyoung's cheek.

"Just open it later when you get back home, okay?"

Chaeyoung gestured to the dashboard, where a McDonald's paperbag was carefully placed. She reached out for it and took out a box for rice meals, one for each of them. On the middle console were two large cups of iced coffee. "Breakfast. We have a long way to go."

"Okay, I'll just feed you on the way." Mina smiled so sweetly Chaeyoung felt her heart melt.

Chaeyoung was about to start the car when she remembered something.

She turned to Mina and leaned towards her, their faces mere inches away from each other. They stared deeply into each other's eyes, a soft smile slowly appearing on each other's lips. Chaeyoung felt herself sinking and drowning deeper into Mina, being drawn closer into the vortex of orbs that are Mina's eyes.

The moment was broken when Mina shifted in her seat. She turned to her side as Chaeyoung quickly returned to her seat. "Right, seatbelt."

----------------------------------------------------------------

It was a long drive out of the city.

They both loved these long drives. Mina, who spent most of her time within the confines of the city, has rarely gone anywhere else. Since meeeting each other, Chaeyoung made sure to take Mina anywhere and everywhere, as long as there is a road to get there.

The farther the place, the longer their time together.

Mina connected her phone via bluetooth to the car's entertainment deck. Their music is, more often than not, Mina's playlist. They used to argue about it at first, with Chaeyoung reasoning out that it's "my car, my music choice" but then Mina would sulk or continuously skip the songs in Chaeyoung's playlist. In the end, Chaeyoung gave in and since then, Mina always picked which songs to play.

"We're still going with the Girls Planet 999 playlist?" Chaeyoung teased. Since the show aired, Mina has become a fan and the songs performed from the show have been constantly playing whenever they are together. She watched the show too, due to Mina constantly talking about it and having felt the need to understand why Mina likes it so much.

"Until Yurina becomes a part of Kep1er," Mina replied. Mina was a huge fan of the XiaoRina ship and was deeply heartbroken when Yurina failed to make the cut.

The answer earned a hearty laugh from Chaeyoung. "Okay, so it's gonna be GP999 for a very very very long time."

It's Valentines Day and there's no way Chaeyoung will even think of getting onto Mina's bad side.

Mina reached out to take Chaeyoung's hand and tightly held it in hers. "Like you and me. It's gonna be you and me for a very very very long time," she declared, and then she saw Chaeyoung's deep dimples appear on her face,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zigzags, rough roads, and dead ends never detered the two of them.

Okay, it does have an effect on Chaeyoung, being the driver and the owner of the car. She usually panics when she feels she made a wrong turn or missed a turn, but then there's always Mina, reassuring her that "it's okay", "I'm enjoying the view", "I've never been here before", "the place looks peaceful", "it's beautiful here", and every now and then she would ask Chaeyoung to stop the car so she can go out and take pictures. Chaeyoung usually stays inside the car and just watches Mina take her time soaking up the place and the experience, until Mina coaxes her to go out so they can take photos together but Chaeyoung would insist on taking photos of Mina instead.

For Chaeyoung, Mina is worth taking a thousand rolls of film of.

LIttle does Mina know that Chaeyoung sometimes intentionally allows them to "get lost" just so they could spend more time together.

"Chaeng, may I?"

Chaeyoung glanced at Mina, trying to keep her eyes on the road. She immediately knew what Mina wanted. "Yeah, sure." She pressed a button on the console, rolling down the window on Mina's side.

On the open road, Mina had made it quite a habit to have the window down and let her hair get blown by the wind. Chaeyoung enjoyed watching Mina act out like she is shooting an MV, often increasing the volume of the car's stereo, sometimes singing out as loud as she can. There were even times when, upon making sure that there are hardly any cars around, she would stick herself out and sit on the window, almost giving Chaeyoung a mini heart attack.

Mina pulled out her phone and began taking pictures of the countryside, occasionally sneaking a selfie with Chaeyoung driving in the background.

"I have once again looked like your official chauffeur," Chaeyoung pouted.

Mina pinched Chaeyoung's cheek. "You're too cute for anyone to think that you're my driver."

"When you're looking as beautiful as that? Everyone would think I work for you," Chaeyoung laughed.

Mina scooted closer and wrapped her arms around Chaeyoung's. "And I am working hard to make sure you are happy with me."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

There was one easy way to tick off Chaeyoung inside the car.

Mina removed her shoes and propped both of her feet up on the dashboard.

"Yaaaaah! Put your feet down!" Chaeyoung did small light taps on Mina's legs, her voice's pitch an octave higher.

Mina laughed. "I'm inside the car, Chaeng."

"Yes, but there are other vehicles out there and someone from inside that car can see you and who knows what else? Plus you're wearing a dress!" Chaeyoung was not possessive nor conservative, but she was indeed protective and would willingly go to great lengths for Mina's safety.

Chaeyoung once again regretted why she has such a bad eyesight and thus cannot have her car heavily tinted.

"They can look, but they can't touch." Mina smirked.

Chaeyoung's eyes widened like they always do whenever Mina goes into that line of reasoning. "I'll ram my c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter