fin

The Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong felt strange sensations arising inside her. She was wrestling with her soul and mind.

Her wife of three years, Jimin will be on a tour again to promote her solo album across the globe. Being a world-known K-pop idol, requires Jimin to perform for her fans and share her passion with them, leaving Minjeong behind all by herself in their shared apartment with their pets.

It was never an issue for Minjeong. She understood her wife's work. Jimin was in the entertainment industry before they even got together, and Minjeong was already used to the lifestyle the artist has.

As of right now, with her situation, Minjeong was incredibly annoyed with herself as she wanted to be selfish and lock Jimin up for hers to keep. Minjeong doesn't want Jimin to leave, not when she needs her the most. 

Desperate for Jimin not to leave her, she started to beg, "Jimin, please don't leave me. I beg of you to stay here with me." Her doe eyes sprung tears, cascading down to her rosy cheeks, producing hiccups as she sob continuously. Minjeong was clutching Jimin's wrinkly clothes, she didn't want to let go of her beloved wife.

If you're close with Minjeong, you'll not remember her as the same Minjeong you knew. The lively and bubbly Minjeong was nowhere to be seen. Right now, Minjeong is weak, desperate, and livid.

Minjeong was starting to realize how to see dependence in a new light— something we are all guilty of, just at different degrees and levels. In some ways, someone is dependent on some things, may it be drugs, cigarettes, or alcohol. For Minjeong it was someone. She was dependent on her wife, Yu Jimin, her 'person.'

Minjeong was hugging Jimin tighter than before, completely savoring the warmth of her beloved. Before she could utter some words to make Jimin stay, Minjeong felt how her lover freed herself from her tight grip, muttering some words that break Minjeong's heart even more.

Starting to get annoyed by Minjeong's consistent pleading, Jimin mutters, "You spent half of your life without me. You'll be fine, Minjeong." Jimin's voice was laced with venom, cold and it pierced into Minjeong's already weakened heart. Jimin sternly and firmly then added, "It's just going to be 7 months of separation and I'll be back home before you know it."

Jimin watched the play of emotions across her wife's face. She watched as the hurt and vexation played across Minjeong's face, tear drops forming at the corners of her squeezed-shut eyes, her perfect white teeth chewing at her plush bottom lip, clearly wanting herself to stop from crying.

Minjeong looked at her fumbling hands on her lap, a habit she formed when she was scared and nervous. Jimin never called her by her full name, it was always Minjeong's pet name, and using it now against her was somehow scary. She was feeling lower than ever. She felt movements around her, knowing that Jimin was making sure that she got all the things she needed for the tour. Minjeong was still hiccuping and sniffling, then a ring of a cell phone made her look up at Jimin. Based on Jimin's expression, Minjeong knew that it was her manager, making sure that Jimin should be ready to be picked up any time.

Minjeong's heart started to get tired and weary, but she felt her heart breaking when Jimin walked up to her, held her chin, and placed a kiss on top of her head, whispering after, "Love, I'll always come back to you, okay?" Jimin's voice was now much better than before, a tone wherein Minjeong is used to hearing. The sudden happiness surged through her body, Minjeong hugged Jimin on her waist knowing that it would take months before she could do it again.

After long, wonderful minutes, something else drifted through the fog in Minjeong's mind. It arose slowly into her consciousness until she, at last, grasped it. Her eyes opened wide, Minjeong smiled, and pushed herself to take Jimin's lips into hers. It was a slow and gentle kiss. Minjeong moaned and Jimin took this opportunity to slide her tongue to explore Minjeong's mouth. A hungry growl escaped Jimin's mouth, feeling the excitement of tasting Minjeong.

A doorbell was heard and that made the lovers separate from each other. It was the indication that Jimin's manager was already there to fetch her. Still breathless from their kiss, Jimin pulled away and kissed Minjeong's temple before whispering an I love you. She walked out of Minjeong's embrace and got her suitcase before muttering a silent bye to their furry babies that were watching her movements. She took one last glance at Minjeong, her eyes apologetic and guilty.

The bang of the door and wa-lah! Minjeong was all alone again, without a human companion. She lay down on their shared bed and whiffed the heavenly scent of Jimin's, missing her already.

Minjeong cried. Minjeong cried until she couldn't cry anymore.

After a while, she was staring at the cream-colored ceiling. Her thoughts wandered into complicated paths in a rather muddled way. How long had she been thinking? Longer than she thought. Several hours longer in fact.

Her daydreaming was cut off by the ringing sound of her phone, wiping her tear-stained cheeks, Minjeong answered the call.

"Hello?" Her voice was hoarse from crying.

"Is this Mrs. Kim-Yu?" The voice not so familiar to Minjeong asked her. Maybe she's new, Minjeong thought, "I just want to inform you about your appointment at three thirty."

Oh. Her appointment. Minjeong's mind was so full of Jimin's departure that she didn't even acknowledge the time. She looked at her Chopard wristwatch given to her by Jimin and saw that it was 1 o'clock, plenty of time to prepare, "I'll be there."

"Well then, see you there, miss!" Her response was chirpy. It was overly exaggerated, annoying Minjeong. Knowing that there was still plenty of time, she just scrolled through her social media, reading comments about her idol girlfriend. Minjeong sometimes leaves comments to defend Jimin from nasty comments. This was the least she could do to protect her wife.

Minjeong was hurt to see people saying mean things to her wife such as being lazy and not knowing the truth that Jimin has sprained her ankle so many times that she even needed to wear an ankle brace for months. She knew how hardworking Jimin is and that she always does her best to give her fans an excellent performance.

Jimin is one of the best dancers in the industry but somehow still gets comments about being a stiff dancer. She is also active on bubble and often gets hated for interacting with her fans.

Jimin gets so much hate for being herself and it hurts her.

A moment passed and Minjeong started to get dizzy. A coughing fits surged through and there it was again, specks of blood all over her hand. It doesn't surprise her at all. Minjeong had been suffering from it for a few months, i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter