Chapter 3

Our Forever Falls Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Our Forever Falls Apart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Getting hurt does not belong to any of our bucket lists, goals, wishes, whatever it is, because who would like that, right? They said getting hurt is part of our lives as long as we’re alive. Some people can endure those pain, but some people can’t. Some can move on easily, but some people carry this for as long as they live. But little did some of us know, hurt, pain, sacrifice, sufferings, the agony, that each of us feel and is going through right now can either brought us to a better situation in the future or can drag us down if we let it seep through our mind and soul. Many things can cause those pains that we feel, invalidation, unfaithfulness, faked -ness, untruthfulness of someone very close to us- to our hearts. But sometimes, being too kind to someone, somebody, to anybody else, can cause us a much deeper pain that it makes us cry our hearts out every night; sometimes, anytime of the day as long as that person and the memories ran through our thoughts.

It’s okay not to be okay- most of the people say. If you wanted to cry, cry. If you wanted to scream, scream. It’s okay to cry or scream our hearts out. It’s part of our natural way of coping, to get over something that hurt us deeply. But sometimes, we don’t cry anymore- those people who suffered enough. We’re already numb and we get used to the pain that instead of crying, we just focus into anything else, but that thing or person that caused the pain that we’re going through. That saying goodbye to the person we’ve learned to love the most, won’t be easy because it hurts as hell, but as the day goes by, we’ll learn to move on, stand again, and be proud and productive once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Jong Kook’s sister that greeted her instead of the person that she expected. As far as she can remember, it was already their tradition as a couple to take a day off on their birthdays so they can spend it together, and this is the first time that he was not around. Aside from the idea of surprising him, she also wanted to soothe his distress and ask him if he’s also fine in his work after giving him her surprise.

Ji Hyo and his sister had a chitchat and she used this opportunity to ask Hee Ae if she knew anything about Jong Kook. As to why he looked like in distress and problematic since last month.

“Eonnie, since Jong Kook oppa is not here, I think I’ll just ask you this.”

“ Okay go ahead.” Hee Ae motioned Ji Hyo to continue as she sipped her tea.

“Is Jong Kook oppa doing fine with his work? He looked so distressed since last month. Is there any problem? Perhaps he lose his work? If yes, I can just recruit him to our company, good timing because they’re finding new employees too.” Jong Kook’s sister halted shortly in sipping her tea, and looked at Ji Hyo with her quite shaky eyes.

“U-uhh, I’ll ask h-him about that, but as long as I can remember, he’s doing fine in his work. The last time I called him, he said he’ll get a promotion actually.” Hee Ae stated that quite bothered Ji Hyo. Her mind started running hundred miles per hour again thinking of the things that’s not good for her.

Silence. A quite uncomfortable silence can be felt in the place. Before it grew to a bigger awkwardness, and before Hee Ae’s conscience eat her alive, she decided to tell Ji Hyo the truth.

“Ji Hyo-yah.”

“Eonnie.” the two coincidentally called each other at the same time, but Jihyo being a kind woman she is, let Hee Ae talk first since she already asked first a while ago.

“ You go ahead first eonnie.” Ji Hyo said politely

“ Okay, if it’s fine with you.” Hee Ae shifted in her seat to hide her nervousness about the thing that she was about to tell Ji Hyo.

“ You must be wondering why Jong Kook was looking so problematic these past month right? And why he wasn’t here on his birthday?” In which she received a nod from Ji Hyo.

“ The truth is Ri Na is pregnant. And he’s the father.” Ji Hyo was speechless. She somehow anticipated this to happen but not so soon.

“Oh, really? It’s good then. He’ll be a father after all these years. Good for him.” Ji Hyo smiled bitterly to Hee Ae.

“Actually, they’re together today in his birthday to see his child at the ob-gyn. Sorry Ji Hyo, he just told me to tell you about it.” Hee Ae showed a sorry smile to Ji Hyo.

“ But what is it that you’re gonna tell me anyway?”

“Huh? Oh, that? Nothing. It’s not that important eonnie. Just tell him congratulations from me, I’m happy for him.” She stood from her seat and stormed out of the place, without even saying goodbye, leaving Hee Ae speechless but with a sorry heart.

As Ji Hyo was walking down to where her car was parked, she a car almost hit her because she’s so out of it- blank. She was so shocked but good thing, the driver immediately stepped on the break and avoided her.

“ HEY MISS! WATCH IT!.” Then the man drove away, while all she can do was bow as an apology to the person that was driving the car.

“, why am I so unlucky today? You’re really trying to kill me Kim Jong Kook. But it’s fine, we’re over, no more pain, no more tears. I can now finally leave and live peacefully away from the agony that you’ve continuously caused me.” She thought as she continued walking towards her car. When she about to get out of the parking area, she saw a very familiar car passed by. The driver being the person whom she was with for a God damn decade, and a woman on the passenger seat giggling as he kissed the back of her hand. After seeing this, involuntary tears escaped from her eyes, and she wiped them as fast and as rash as she could.

“Jenjang (damn it) how could you do this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter