Chapter 1

Our Forever Falls Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We are Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They say once you fall in love, you won’t be able to see any woman or man around you. Your lover will be the- as what people call- “apple of your eye”. This saying was somehow true, but not always, and especially- not FOREVER. Sometimes when the fire stopped burning, we tend to feel the gap trying to seep in between, little by little. And this gap that penetrates the very roots of the ties can someday cause the worst stop, end, and even the deepest wound someone could ever feel in a relationship.

But sometimes, the ties each of the lovers have outside in which you thought one of the very innocent ones, can also be the cause of this colossal pain that will kill you from within, slowly, but surely. Dishonesty is one of the greatest factors as to why a relationship ends no matter how long and strong yours take. People who somehow took this for granted created a huge emotional, and mental damage to those who were left behind- who thought that their respective partners are still being true to them, but the truth is, they were already being happy in the arms of the person they chose over you.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey, it’s been a very long time since I saw you Jihyo.” greeted the woman who just entered the cafe where Jihyo was waiting.

“Yeah I know, work is taking a toll on me eonnie these past few days you know.” Jihyo retorted as she hugged the older ones and sat at their respective seats afterward.

“How were you doing? Especially with your long-time partner?” 

“We’re actually doing fine eonnie. Next month will be our 10th anniversary actually.” Jihyo gave a small smile- more like a fake one if you’re going to describe it to the person in front of her.

It was her sister who lives in Canada. She was on vacation for a month in Korea to see how’s her sister Jihyo was doing after being away for so long. She was actually asking Jihyo for a very long time now, even before she met Jong Kook to live with her in Canada since the job opportunities there are much better too, but then Jihyo met Jong Kook that time, and she just stopped pursuing her since her heart is in Korea.

“ Really? That’s good then. When will I hear the wedding bells ring?” she teased Jihyo. But unbeknownst to her, this simple question she threw, made Jihyo uneasy and stiffened. Good thing she immediately recovered from the shock before her sister can even notice it; she didn’t want to worry her after all.

“U-uhm, w-we’re not yet ready to be in that l-level eonnie. And we’re not actually in a hurry.” Jihyo stuttered as she let out a nervous laugh.

“Hey, easy, I’m just joking. It’s just that you’re already a decade in a boyfriend-girlfriend status, so I thought he’d make a move already. But you’re right, you don’t have to force things out. As long as you’re happy, I’m also happy. When will he greet me anyway? It’s been a very long time.” She said, which once again, made Jihyo stiffen. They just fought last month and weren’t still on talking terms with each other, so at that point, she decided to lie to her one and only sister just to get out of it again.

“He’s on a business trip right now. What a shame his schedule was aligned when you’re here in Korea. As soon as he landed, I’ll tell him that you wanted to meet us together eonnie.” Jihyo, once again let out a fake smile to reassure her sister’s worries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAPPENINGS IN THE PAST MONTH:

Jihyo and Jong Kook are on a date today it’s nothing special actually, just that it’s both their day off so, they decided to spend it together. Jong Kook was his usual self and treated Jihyo to her favorite rides at the amusement park. Even though he’s not fond of riding one, he still rode it just to make Jihyo feel loved.  Then at dinner, they ate at a fancy restaurant which Jong Kook rarely does because of their busy and according to him clashing schedules. Jihyo understood him because she also has busy, so when Jong Kook does this kind of things- the dates, she’s elated and over the moon.

Although there’s one thing that she doesn’t agree with or more like dislikes on this date of them. It’s actually the thing in which Jong Kook was always looking at his phone, and sometimes when she glanced at him and their eyes met, he would look nervous, and that made her become suspicious of him. They were now having their dessert in a cafe near Ji Hyo’s condo unit, as usual, he was still on his phone but the difference of this was that he was not chatty this time. And it’s more than enough for her to be agitated and confront him this time.

“ Oppa, is there something wrong? with work perhaps?” she started slowly with her gentle tone.

“Hm? Oh, yeah it’s about work. There’s something... that... you know... kinda happen.” He answered her without even looking toward Jihyo, she was still able to control her temper in that state.

“ Really? (and she received a nod from Jong Kook) Is there something that I can help you oppa?” She then reached out her hands to hold his but then, but he flinched and immediately pulled out his hands from her grasp.

“ Oh? (he looked at her briefly and then immediately went back to typing on his phone.)  Nope, I can handle this. You don’t need to tire yourself for that.” This kinda ignited the fire inside her and she finally stormed out of the cafe. She understood that he has work to do, but can’t he just give her that day for them to fill the gaps in their given tight schedule?

PRESENT:

Ji Hyo can’t get it off her mind- the things that happened that night, Jong Kook followed her as usual of course and she gave him a cold shoulder while they were on the way to Ji Hyo’s condo unit. The two of them are fighting the urge to scream at each other and decided to just keep their cool. They’re afraid that the whole world will turn upside-down if two stubborn people like them started to talk without even thinking of the things that they’re gonna say to each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ Hey, babe, I’m sorry. Hm? I was just doing lots of things because of the new project these past days or more like weeks because we changed our boss. I’m sorry.” Jong Kook held her hand exactly before she was even able to get out of the car.

“ I’m on my phone and lost my focus because the new boss suddenly released a new memo and I need to read and reply to the new emails that needed to be approved and all of that. I promise that was the last, one at the cafe, and I’m all yours tonight. Oh? Sorry.” Jong Kook reasoned out and gave her a quite comforting smile as she listened and read his face. She was still upset, but decided to cool down, little by little so she replied shortly:

“Okay, let’s go inside. I’m tired.” Ji Hyo replied coldly. Cold enough to send chills down his spine. Then she went out of the car, and he let out a heavy sigh of relief. But the question is, was it a relief because she forgave him, or relief because she didn’t insist more on the issue?

Jong Kook went to the shower immediately after he chose a movie to watch and Jihyo finished her quick shower. But the things- or more like, her boyfriend’s behavior a while ago made her curiou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter