Christmas Tradition

Kim-Hwang Family Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s Note: Regular font is spoken in Korean and Italics is spoken in English. Taeny’s kids are bilingual, they spoke Korean to Taeyeon and English to Tiffany. 

 

 

December 24th, it’s chaotic in Kim-Hwang household as the married couple are getting ready for their trip to Jeonju to spend Christmas at Taeyeon’s parents’ house. This is their third year spending the holidays with them ever since the twins were born and it looks like it will be a new holiday tradition for Taeyeon and Tiffany’s little family.

 

Taeyeon is currently at the twins’ room packing their suitcases while Tiffany is in their room finishing up dressing her daughter. She places a head band with a red bow on it, matching the red and black checkered dress.

 

“There, done! Look at my baby, so pretty!” Says Tiffany while facing her three and a half year old daughter and patting her cheeks.

 

“Yay! Just like Mommy!” The little girl smiles back.

 

“Yes, just like Mommy. Now, go sit on the bed while I get your brother ready.” She grabs her son’s matching outfit but the little boy is nowhere in sight. “Miyeon-ah, where is your brother?”

 

Miyeon shrugs her shoulders and continue playing with her doll.

 

Tiffany calls for her son but there is no response. She goes to the twins’ room and sees her wife zipping up the suitcase. “Babe, did you see Taeyoung?”

 

“Oh, uh he’s not here. I thought he’s with you in our bedroom?”

 

“He was but I didn’t notice him leaving when I was dressing up Miyeon.”

 

“Did you check under our bed? You know that kid likes to play hide and seek.” Taeyeon asks.

 

“Huh, no I didn’t. I’ll go see. Are you done packing?”

 

“Yes Ma’am!”

 

“The twins’ skiing jackets?”

 

“Yep!”

 

“Their snow boots?”

 

“Yep!”

 

“Their pyj..” 

 

“Yes. Everything you told me to pack are all in here. I doubled check, my love.” 

 

Tiffany smiles and pulls Taeyeon close to her for a kiss. “How did I get so lucky to have an obedient and perfect wife?”

 

“You must’ve done something good in your previous life and I’m sure I was your wife in that timeline too. We’re just too good for each other that God decided we will always be soulmates every life time and here we are.” 

 

“Awww babe, that’s so sweet!”

 

“You know what else is sweet? These lips.” Taeyeon leans again for another when the youngest calls.

 

“Mommy! Taeyoung is here hiding under the bed!”

 

“See? Told ya.” The older grins and places a quick kiss on her wife’s lips. “Now go get our son dressed. I’m almost done here and I will start getting ready soon.”

 

Back in the couple’s room, Miyeon is still on the bed playing and under, Tiffany sees her son’s small right foot poking out.

 

“Hmmm where could our Taeyoungie be? I can’t find him.” She hears a small chuckle coming from under the bed so she continues. “That’s too bad, Santa has presents for him but he’s nowhere to be found. Oh well.”

 

“Wait! Wait! I’m here!” The little boy crawls out from his hiding spot and runs toward where his mother is standing. “Taeyoung is here Mommy!”

 

“There you are! What were you doing under Mama and Mommy’s bed huh?”

 

“Nothing, just playing.” He chuckles. “Where’s Santa, Mommy?”

 

Taeyeon walks in their room in the middle of her wife and son’s conversation. “Santa is bringing your’s and your sister’s presents at Harabeoji and Halmeoni’s house remember?”

 

“He is?”

 

“Yes so hurry up and let Mommy dress you so we can go. We don’t want to be late and not see Santa.”

 

“Okay Mama! Mommy please hurry, I don’t want to miss Santa!” The little boy says jumping up and down in excitement.

 

“Alright sweetie, come on and I’ll give you a bath.”

 

“I’m all done and ready to see Santa, Mama! And Harabeoji and Halmeoni too!” Miyeon calls for Taeyeon.

 

“That’s right! I think Santa will give you what you wish for this Christmas since our Miyeon is a good girl.” Taeyeon says while patting her daughter’s hair.

 

“The big doll house???” 

 

“Is that what you wished for?” 

 

“Yes! Oh, uh.” Miyeon covers in a hurry which Taeyeon finds so adorable. “That’s a secret between me and Santa. I hope he still grants my wish.”

 

“I’m sure he will. I will pretend not to know and keep my mouth shut, I promise.” She gestures to zips her lips and kisses her daughter’s cheeks.

 

“Okay Mama, it’ll be our secret.” The younger girl, who resembles so much like Taeyeon whispers.

 

Once the whole family is all dress up, Taeyeon brings their suitcases in the driveway to load in their car and Tiffany straps the twins on their car seats.

 

“Alright, everyone ready for our roadtrip?” Taeyeon asks.

 

“Yes!” Tiffany and the twins answers in chorus.

 

And with that, off they go on their 3 hour drive to Jeonju.

 

An hour goes by, Tiffany peeks through the rear view mirror and sees Miyeon sleeping while Taeyoung is busy playing games on the iPad.

 

“Miyeon really takes after you Babe.” Tiffany smiles. “She’s already asleep.”

 

Taeyeon glances really quick and smiles. “And Taeyoung takes after you.”

 

“I know I always say this but I’m really thankful and feel so lucky that our kids are replicas of you and me.”

 

“I mean you gave birth to them.”

 

“And you put them in me.”

 

“Technically our Doctor did.”

 

“Whatever Tae, you were with me through everything and you were the only one I wanted to be with and see all the time, so yeah you got me pregnant.”

“I know, I’m just that good in bed.” Taeyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter