playing with fire

burnt ashes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She's been waiting for him for twenty-eight years, yet she's pretending she doesn't know him at all," Mr. Oh, the witch's right-hand man, observed with Gilyong, who just finished doing her instruction earlier. "Typical Jo Heera," he added, sighing heavily. Mr. Oh and Gilyong were just behind Heera and the man at the large dinner table.

 

"They've known each other for that long?" Mr. Oh nodded in response to Gilyong's question.

 

"It was actually more than that." Gilyong nodded in awe and continued to watch Heera and the customer.

 

"You have to pay a price for your wish," Heera said. "You don't have to pay real money, but nothing is free in this world."

 

"Revenge," the man said impulsively. "How much would it take me to seek revenge?"

 

Heera glanced at him with concern as remorse slowly flickered over her face, then again at Mr. Oh and Gilyong. "Kwaenchanha?" Mr. Oh mouthed at her, and she nodded before returning her gaze to the man. Heera's been around him throughout these years, observing his every move. She initially thought he had a lavish life after choosing his desired path in life before, yet destiny seemed to show the opposite and made them cross their paths together.

 

"Jung Soo-ssi," she calls out, as Jin, Heera's other emp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter