the witch's diner

burnt ashes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Manyeo-nim," a young man with a tall-looking figure entered the kitchen. He suddenly took a step back when the witch looked at him behind her back, giving him a displeased look. "The-" He tried to say a word, yet he failed. 

 

"Why?" The witch asked, cutting him off abruptly. "Part-timer, can't you see that I'm busy?!"

 

The part-timer, Gilyong, pursed his lips and opted to utter another word, "Ah, ne... I'm here to say something-" 

 

"You have five seconds." The witch turned off the stove and faced Gilyong. She crossed her arms and waited for a reaction from him. "Five." She started of. "Four."

 

Gilyong began to feel tense as he heard the witch count. Her stern eyes were like piercing to his soul. It was also the very first thing Jin taught him, never make her count down to one. "The..."

 

"Three."

 

He took a deep sigh and gathered all of his courage, but still hoped that Jin will be there any minute now. "The man you said that would be the customer is here." He said as fast as he could with his eyes closed. 

 

"Is that so?" The witch's face suddenly lit up as she heard the news. "Where is he?"

 

Gilyong slowly opened his eyes and saw the witch smiling for the first time. It was indeed a rare moment for him and maybe even for Jin als

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter