First Meeting

I Want You

After a few weeks of messaging each other, we decided to finally meet. I was still very skeptical about meeting such a handsome man. The anger that I had towards my friends had finally dissipated. I know they were trying to help me because they felt bad about me not having someone to call my own. Namjoon and I decided to meet in a public place so that it wouldn't be too weird. We settled on an art gallery followed by dinner at a nearby restaurant. I arrived at the gallery about fifteen minutes prior to our meet-up time. Anxiety racked my body. What if he took one look at me and decided that I really was the wrong woman he intended to reach out to? Taking a deep breath, I took one last look at myself in the visor of my car, before heading towards the entrance. I stood at the top of the stairs fidgeting with my necklace when he walked up. He was so much hotter in person. How come I didn't notice his dimples when he sent me his picture? "Zoe?" I nodded and waved to him. He was dressed in black dress pants and a black blazer. There was a white turtleneck under his blazer. He looked like he worked for the mafia. I reached out a hand to shake his. Namjoon's grip was firm, yet soft. "Shall we head inside?" Apparently, I had forgotten how to speak. "Sure" I half mumbled. We turned to head inside the gallery. Namjoon placed his hand on the small of my back. That threw me off. I have never been touched there. It woke up something deep within me. As we walked around the gallery, Namjoon explained the different art pieces. He was very well-versed in the art world. I couldn't help but steal glances at him as he was explaining things to me. We happened upon a part of the exhibit where you could become a part of an art piece. There was a green screen set up where the photographer would add in a background and you could purchase the photos. "We should do this." I looked at Namjoon as if he had just told me to kiss a spider. "You can. I will watch." He let out a giggle. " A woman as pretty as you would make the art pop." Was he flirting with me? I smiled and agreed to do it. He grabbed my hand and pulled me in front of the screen. The photographer commented on how we looked together. There was a total of seven poses. The last pose caught me off, guard. Namjoon stood behind me with his arms wrapped around me. I didn't know I was smiling until the photographer let us know that we were done and that our photos would be ready soon. I heard him tell Namjoon that his girlfriend was very beautiful. What girlfriend? Not me. Surely not me.

Surely not.

Twenty minutes later, we had our photos and headed to dinner. We looked like a real couple. I had convinced myself that Namjoon was just being nice and that this would be the last time that I would see him. I didn't order a whole lot at dinner. I didn't want to seem like I was a pig or something. The conversation at dinner went smoothly enough. " When can I see you again?" came from across the table. I didn't know how to respond. I stared at him for a minute. "You....you want to see me again?" I questioned. That was unexpected. He smiled, showing off his dimples. My heart faltered. Maybe he wasn't one of the ones that I had read about. Dating bigger women to make them feel better about themselves. "Well?" I my lips to stall a second longer. " Ummm." I bit my lip. "We can come up with something", I finally mumble.  The look of victory danced across his face. When the check came, I reached into my purse to grab my wallet so that I could pay for my half of the meal, but Namjoon was quicker than me. "You can pay next time....maybe," he smirked. This man was slowly making me question every thought process I had ever had. After dinner, Namjoon walked me to my car. " I had a wonderful time with you tonight Zoe." I couldn't lie, I had a great time tonight as well. "Me too. I have never been to an art gallery. Thank you for a wonderful evening Namjoon." There was an awkward silence for a few minutes, and then he kissed me. It was like a scene from a soap opera. His hands wrapped around me, deepening the kiss. Finally, I pulled away. He had taken my breath away, literally. Why did I kiss him back? Why? Why? Why? He took a step back to create some space between us. Time seemed to stand still. The feeling of his lips still on mine lingered, and I missed the feeling. " I will let you know when I get home. You get home safely as well," I said getting into my car. He nodded. As I drove away, my fingers brushed my lips.

What have I just got myself into?