Random Message

I Want You

I have always been the big girl in the group. Always. I never imagined that someone would look at me with romantic feelings. It just was not written in the stars for me to have anyone. My girlfriends all had boyfriends. And why wouldn’t they? They were all beautiful and had nice bodies. Even though they were all dating, they still hung out with me. They constantly asked me if I had a crush on anyone, and my answer was always the same. I do not have crushes on anyone except for celebrities. My answer always caused my friends to laugh. No one knew the pain that I dealt with. No one wanted to be with a big girl. No one. I had guy friends, sure, but nothing romantic. In fact, I have never had a boyfriend. I was still a . No one knew that either.  

Without my knowledge, my friends created a dating profile for me. So, imagine my surprise when I got a text message from a random number. I did not know what to do. I panicked. That is what I did.  

Hello. My name is Namjoon. We matched on this dating site, and I would like to get to know more about you. 

 

Namjoon? What kind of name was that? And then the picture message came in. He was hot. There was no way that he wanted to get to know me. I was sure that I was not his type. No way. I looked at myself in the mirror. An ebony face looked back at me. Messy curly hair, big lips, big everything if I am honest. I let out a sigh and debated messaging him back. What were the odds that he messaged me by mistake? I messaged him back, letting him know that I was not who he was looking for. It took a few minutes before a reply message came back. 

Is your name Zoe? If so, then I have messaged the right person. You are a very pretty woman and want to know more about you.  

 

Another picture message came through. It was a picture of me. A whole-body picture of me. You could see that I was not skinny, but there was a smile on my face. I froze. He wanted to talk to me.