The Fall Into Drama

Love Is... You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyunjin was beyond uncomfortable. The couch was nice to sit on, but awful to sleep on. It was like it turned to stone the second he’d laid down. Felix had apologized for that quality, but didn’t offer up his own bed to make amends, mumbling something as he frantically scurried through the apartment. 

 

Hyunjin watched, a mix of amused and strangely annoyed. Humans always seemed to operate on an insane sense of urgency he just couldn’t understand, but it was kind of cute watching Felix dart around, a foamy toothbrush hanging from his lips. 

 

Cute? No, that couldn’t be right. He must have momentarily gotten caught up in Felix’s appearance. It hadn’t been a lie when he’d said Felix was the most attractive human he’d seen in a while. In fact it wouldn’t be a stretch to say he was the most attractive human Hyunjin had seen. EVER. But be that as it may, Hyunjin refused to feel any kind of positive emotion towards a human, especially not one that stood between him and going home. 

 

“You remember the rules from yesterday right?” Felix’s deep voice cut through Hyunjin’s internal monologue, and he was met with the source of the voice staring at him from the kitchen doorway. He nodded without a word.

 

“Good, because they apply for real today. The second, and I mean the second, you break one of those rules… You’re out, homeless or not. Cool?”

 

“Cool.” Hyunjin responded, not totally sure that was the right thing to say. Felix, however, seemed to accept it and disappeared from the doorway, yelling that he’d be back around five-thirty that evening. The front door opened and closed and Hyunjin was left alone in the little apartment.

 

He looked around again, finding it strange how the vibe of the place completely changed in Felix’s absence. It seemed duller, quieter, and Hyunjin had to admit, despite living by himself for the past four hundred or so years, that he liked it better in the little apartment when Felix was present.

 

Hyunjin shook himself free of the thought and grabbed the remote. Felix had explained the weird little box, apparently called a TV, last night. The remote turned it on and controlled what appeared on it, how loud or quiet it was, and even how it appeared. Now, with nothing better to do until Felix got back, Hyunjin surrendered his attention to it. He pressed buttons on the remote until the little box lit up, and more humans were shown. These ones were older, much less attractive, and were sat behind a desk, staring straight forward as they spoke back and forth.

 

“With the weather being as warm as it is, we urge people to protect themselves against the sun and possible heat .”

 

“That’s right, lighter clothes like shorts and tank tops are a good way to protect yourself, but we know that dress code doesn’t fit all jobs, so if you do have to be out in this weather, we suggest a jacketless look for your suits.”

 

“Many people have been seen wearing portable air conditioning around their necks, which might not be a bad idea this week. But don’t fret, this hot weather will cool down by the end of the week and continue to cool down into the weekend.”

 

“In other news-”

 

Hyunjin pressed another button on the remote, and the men disappeared, turning into a lone woman walking down a dark street. Ominous music played and the little box showed a man shrouded in black following behind her. The woman kept glancing back, but the man was nowhere to be seen. Hyunjin was enthralled. How could she not see the man? Was he invisible, hidden by the shadows? But what about the street lamps? Would they not illuminate the man and make him easily seen?

 

The music crescendoed, the woman broke into a run, panic written on her face. Hyunjin watched as the man openly chased her. The woman’s panic reached its peak as she tripped on a perfectly placed metal rod from the construction site she was passing in the shady alley. And humans wondered why they were subjected to crime? It didn’t take a genius to know not to go into a dark secluded place with a weird man following.

 

The woman let out a blood curdling scream as the man descended upon her, a sharp, pointy object lodged into her stomach. Then, the humans in the little box froze, a strange film distorting the image as words scrolled across the bottom and a soft, beautiful song that did not fit what he just witnessed, played. 

 

Hyunjin was stunned. He had no idea what to make of what he’d just been shown. Shouldn’t the human’s Chaos Task

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter