The Fall

Love Is... You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was warm and the breeze gently rustled the leaves in the nearby trees as Felix stepped onto the sidewalk. It was another beautiful, sunny, summer day in Seoul and he was ready to enjoy it. He and Bangchan had decided to spend the day out in the beautiful weather, soaking in the sunshine as they shopped and played on the beach, things neither of them really had time for in their usual daily lives. Today however, they had made special plans and nothing would stop Felix from thoroughly enjoying a relaxing day in his best friends’ company, lazing about, neither of them worrying about work until they had to go back tomorrow. That is, except for the man falling from the sky right above him…

 

Wait! The man falling from the sky right above him?!?

 

Time seemed to slow down, yet Felix had no time to move out of the way before the man landed on top of him, knocking the wind out of him as they both fell to the ground with a loud thud. Felix expected unbearable pain, a man did just fall, full force, on top of him… but it never came. Not as the man stood, brushed himself off as though this sort of thing happened to him all the time, and not when the man extended an arm out to help him up. It came as such a shock that Felix froze. How did not a single bone in his body break? How could he feel not a single bruise forming? He looked around, frantically trying to find someone as confused as he was, but only ended up with yet another question; how was no one staring at them?

 

“Um… What? I’m okay? How? How is that possible?” Felix looked at the man’s outstretched hand, following up his arm and eventually meeting his eyes.

 

“And this is one of the many reasons I despise humans.” He paused, expression changing to one of judgment, his extended hand coming to rest on his hip. “Would you like to feel the pain of being slammed to the ground by a high speed, large projectile? Because I can make that happen. Just say the word, oh please just say the word.”

 

Felix shook his head, more out of deep confusion than an actual response to the strange question.

 

“Anyway, let’s get to business shall we? Due to certain…” he trailed off, looking to the sky with a scowl “circumstances, I am looking for a temporary lover and place to stay. I presume you can provide both of those things sufficiently enough, so I will allow you to take me to your residence.” He paused once again, looking down at Felix with disdain. “Oh for devil's sake, are you planning to stay down there all day? I knew you humans liked to grovel, but I didn’t think it was to this extent.” He muttered under his breath, once again holding out his hand. Not wanting to be underhandedly insulted again, Felix grabbed the hand and let the odd man pull him off the ground.

 

“So, where do you live?”

 

Felix snapped back to reality. This guy had to be mental, right? Here he was (having just fallen probably out his window) telling Felix to take him home with him? No way. But Felix, being the unfortunately extremely nice guy he was, couldn’t just leave the poor man in the middle of the sidewalk acting like a crazy person.

 

“Okay, how about we take a step back for a moment? Do you know where you were before you fell?” He asked as gently as possible, hoping the guy knew so he could send him back there and be on his way.

 

“Of course I know where I was. I was in the underworld, getting dragged on by Hades. That guy thinks that he can act all big and mighty, just because he runs the place. Who do you think it is that actually keeps that place running? It’s us. The hard working demons that do his dirty work. I’m kind of glad I was given a forced vacation.”

 

Felix had had enough. He didn’t know what to do and his patience was wearing thin. “Sir, you seem like a nice guy, but I can’t help you if you don’t know where you came from.”

 

The man narrowed his eyes, his hands flying to his hips. “And I, human, just told you where I came from–- I am no longer engaging in this conversation, just bring me to your house, I haven’t had a day off in so long, I need the break.”

 

“Yeah, I’m not going to do that. I don’t know if you’re older than you look and have already gone senile, but I don’t know who you are and am not taking you to where I live.”

 

“Ah right. You humans have an insanely high crime rate, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter