Training from both sides (1 month later)

Paradise of Light and Shadow

"GAK!"

"Ya! Wooyoung-ah. What is with your stance? I could easily unbalance you. Stand with one foot in front of you, keep you balance point Like a triangle with your legs bent. Good. Now make sure that you are aware of you surroundings all around you because you will never know-"

Suddenly, a large wooden staff charged down at the trainee. Wooyoung gave a large sidestep, spun around the charging 'enemy' and swiftly hit the attacker on the gut once he landed on the floor. Sungmin groaned loudly and struggled to get up.

"Geez. How did you know I was about to attack?" Wooyoung gave a small smile and answered,"I saw you sneaking up to me from the corner of my eye."

"Well you have a good eye Woo," Teacyeon complimented, patting him on the back,"I was surprised that you could counterattack like that. When did you learn that?"

"Oh I learned it from Jieun when she was snatching some rice from the local farm," Wooyoung replied with a bitter smile.

"Jieunie, what are you-"

"Shh! You'll get us caught." The petite girl quickly scampered from one place to another, nearing the one pouch out of thousands in the rice shaft. She scanned the room quietly, while Wooyoung caught up, trying not to make too many sounds.

Once he got to where Jieun was, he saw her take one pouch and quietly forwarding the door. He followed along. Right when the small rice thief's hands were about to push the door open, it opened by itself. Standing in front of them was no one else, but the rice farmer's son, Chansung, who apparently was munching on a banana rice cake. The three lit up their eyes in shock, but Jieun swiftly glided towards the munching monkey, took his snack, spun around him and elbowed him in the stomach before Wooyoung could react. Wooyoung stood in shock while Jieun gathered herself up and glanced at him.

"Come on Ang Ang. We gotta go before anyone else catches us." The shocked little boy followed the girl to Wooyoung's house, which was just a hut from the poorest side of the kingdom. While Jieun split the stolen snack, Wooyoung felt curious from the small, but impressive moment that she used towards Chansung.

"Ya, Jieunie... how did you do that?"

"Do what? Cut the snack in half?"

"Y-No. I meant with the rice farmer's son. You, him.....how did you do that move?"

"Oh yeah that? Something I picked up from spinning around. Want me to teach you?"

"Then she taught me," Wooyoung finished, gazing down at the floor. He felt like crying again. He missed her so much. He needed some time to calm down, so he excused himself. Sungmin and Teacyeon watched him go, and turned to each other.

"He really misses her huh?" Sungmin said. There was no need for an argument about that. It was pretty obvious

"Well, that just makes me want to help him more." Teacyeon waved. "I'll make us some lunch. Get Wooyoung over. That kid needs some more strength for him to carry on."

"Okay."

--------------------

Wooyoung cried in his shared room with Sungmin. He didn't want to like weak, but he couldn't control himself. He had to cry. If Jieun was here, he wouldn't be feeling so painful. If he protected her, she wouldn't be a sacrifice. If the queen didn't choose her name, Jieun would be beside me right now Wooyoung thought to himself, staring outside.

He felt a presence around him. Someone singing. Sounding just like his Jieun, only a bit different. This song was for snow which was slowing starting to fall. This song was sung with such a beautiful voice, but was choked with suffering. You are singing this aren't you Jieunie? You're in pain.

He wiped his tears away and listened to the soft voice singing to the snow, begging it to fall to the ground.

Within a veil of night, the moon illuminates us Seeking the warmth of a strong embrace With white breath and fingers numb from cold We trace our names in the snow before it melts away

"I won't leave you" Was the promise I made Beyond all the hazy white that I can see It returns to nothing

I wish the falling powdered snow would land and hide me Staring at your back as you leave, I suppress my tears The snow that falls piles up, swallowing the world and my love Until the day the pain in my heart is gone I'll melt into white

The days I spent with you come and go like the changing seasons The last trace of the smile remaining in my memory is so fleeting You are somewhere amongst the crowd My thought of "Don't go" turns 

I wish the falling powdered snow would land and hide you The snow and tears that fall are without even sound Snow falls, piling up and swallows you and our past Until the day it finally melts away Don't forget me

Fragments of breaking memories trickle down I wish the falling powered snow would land and hide me A drop of my voice, of my tears fall The snow that falls piles up, swallowing the world and my love Until the day the pain in my heart is gone I'll melt into white "Don't forget me"

It was sung in Japanese, which was the second main language of the kingdom. Wooyoung knew for sure that she was talking about him, telling him not to forget her while she's away. He knew right away what he wanted to do for sure. He will no longer cry weakly. He will save her, no matter what. Even if he dies, if she's alive and happy, he is happy. He got a hold of himself and approached the door. It opened already, showing Sungmin's face.

"Umm...lunch is ready so come over and eat. The snow is pretty sudden huh? We will still train though, so don't get your hopes up alright?"

"Assa. Let's eat," Wooyoung said cheerily, hoping that Jieun could hear him. Jieunie, I'm smiling for you to smile too. If you hear me, smile. I miss you so much

====================

Pant.Pant. That was Jieun's 50th song. She needed a break. was sore, her eyes were red from no sleep, her lips cracked from no water in days, her stomach growling, and her cheeks wet from a never ending river of tears. All songs were for the snow, for the cold, for the world's still peace, for EVERYTHING. She didn't have a break ever since she wrote her first song. She now wrote songs off the top of her head, going from on to another, sometimes twirling with a white ribbon, sometimes with her eyes closed and her hands closed together, or sometimes just while softly pounding the wall.

Each song was sad, but although in her terrible condition, she managed to sing beautifully which surprised everyone in the castle. The soldiers who passed by her stopped to listen to the angelic voice full of pain and sadness. The maids and servants worked while swaying to the songs. The musicians who kept music accompanied for the outsiders would hear her voice unknowingly and play to her voice, creating even more beauty to her songs.

The queen was the most surprised however, since many sacrifices usually never sang so perfect when suffering so hard. She secretly favored the little girl, but curses are curses, so she was made to cause suffering towards sacrifices. She rose up a shadow from the ground and ordered him to do a favor, and sat down on her throne, her mask hiding the fact that she's crying on the inside.

--------------------

The door opened suddenly, causing Jieun to stop singing for a moment, her eyes fixed on a dark figure that looked inhuman. She thought that she was just hallucinating, but still wanted to talk to someone, so she attempted to greet the shadow.

"Ack uh...Anyeoseo *cough cough*" she was about to continue, but tasted something in . It was salty. She looked at the sleeve of her white hanbok that she coughed on. It was red, which meant on thing; she's coughing blood. She widened her eyes in shock and froze for a moment. Then, she felt a chill through her spine. She slowly looked up and widened her eyes so much that her eyes took up 75% of her face. This shadowy figure was in front of her, washing with water. He went over the bloody sleeve, and made it clean instantly with one touch. Then, he turned around, and left, closing the door; but not without leaving another supply of water on the floor. She stood frozen and looked at her necklace. For some reason, she felt like he was telling her something. Unknowingly, her cracked and slightly bloody lips curved upward into a smile. A tear formed in her eye at the same time, causing her to have tears drip down while smiling. Her lips opened and she sang the same song she sang a moment ago, making note to smile no matter what.

================

I'm not so sure if this will make you cry or whatever (I was trying to portray sadness, but it doesn't seem like it will work), but I'm proud of this chapter. I was having such a writer's block the past few weeks, and could think of NOTHING for this story. It wasn't until I heard another song that got me to connect the both. And, just out of curiosity, who has heard of the Hunger Games? If you did.....Peeta all the way with Katniss and I saw the movie and it was awesome. Well I wrote a lot today and will probably write more tonight or tomorrow (depends if I'm lazy or not and if I have any ideas to write about). Anyway, pai pai~