Something in common

Liar, Liar. Pants on fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul-YI first met Nam-Gil when he took his baby boy for a consult at her office.

The nutritionist fell in love with the 2-year-old and the kid immediately adored her too.

The accountant told the doctor that he was worried about the child's health since his former wife worked too much and he couldn't trust the boy was not being neglected or poorly fed.

Byul-YI asked for some blood tests and prescribed a balanced diet to her new patient.

When he got back to her clinic, Nam-Gil politely asked if the charming woman could give him her contact in case he had some doubts about the boy and his diet.

A month later, Byul-YI was spending time with father and son and recommended him a school that was also a daycare center.

The place was near her house and 3 months later, she was constantly picking the boy up. Especially on Fridays, when Nam-Gil could spend the weekend with his son.

Byul-YI's maternal instincts were so strong toward Duri that she ended up getting romantically involved with the accountant without realizing it.

The man was pretty insistent and kept trying to take the nutritionist to bed. However, she told him that they should take it easy if he wanted to be with her.

Nam-Gil wasn't used to that type of couple dynamic. Nevertheless, he fell in love and after 6 months, he was still waiting.

Duri was so used to the nutritionist that he cried whenever his father wanted to take him away on Mondays.

And Byul-YI, who owned the clinic, only worked 3 or 4 times a week. So the doctor was always present in the kid's routine.

That Wednesday started completely different though.

The charming black-haired young woman got a call from Duri's school.

One of the employees was in a panic because the child was not feeling well and they couldn't contact the father.

Byul-YI canceled her appointments and reached the place in less than 12 minutes.

Worried, the nutritionist walked through the patio and saw a stunning brunette standing in a corner, talking to the director.

Although her eyes felt hypnotized, the doctor forced herself to look away and met Duri's teacher.

______ Where is my boy? Don't tell me you left him unsupervised. Let me take a look at him now, please.

_______ Erm...Ma'am...We have a situation..._______ The employee was tense.

_______ What is it? Is my baby okay?_______ Byul-YI started panicking.

_______ Your baby? I don't remember conceiving Duri with a woman as my partner. Who are you?______ A sensual voice echoed behind the doctor.

Taken aback, Byul-YI turned her back and faced the gorgeous brunette that had caught her attention not long before.

_______ Ah...So you must be Nam-Gil's ex-wife. I'm...his current partner.

Lifting her eyebrow, the brown-haired woman looked at the skinny one from head to toe.

_______ Partner, huh? I'm sorry to destroy your delusional world. You are the other. You get it, don't you? You are the mistress. We never got divorced.

Byul-YI blushed with embarrassment and remained silent for a couple of seconds. Then she said:

_______ Listen, I know I have no right to ask anything. But would you please let me check on Duri? I'm a doctor.

_______ Of course I'll allow it. My son is more important than this mess. But you and I are going to talk later.______ There was an authority in the brunette's voice and the nutritionist felt weird.

_______ Ok.________ Byul-YI followed the teacher and felt that the other woman was walking right behind her.

The 30-year-old nutritionist had close to zero experience in the love field. Despite that, learning that she had been used by the accountant was more frustrating than hurtful.

Nam-Gil's wife was 1 year older than her and she worked as a stylist.

Yongsun invited the doctor for a coffee after they confirmed that Duri was fine.

The duo drove to a coffee shop nearby and had a serious conversation.

Byul-YI found out that the brunette had Postpartum depression and her condition lasted a year.

Yongsun found out that her husband had been cheating on her with several women since her third month of pregnancy.

The reason why the gorgeous female hadn't gotten divorced from Nam-Gil was that he took care of the baby during that time and she didn't want to traumatize her kid.

Byul-YI narrated her whole story to the man and the kid and Yongsun was just shocked to find out that a stranger had become so close to her son.

_______ You can keep that trash if you want. I'm filing for divorce this time for sure. ______ Yongsun declared peacefully.

_______ It wasn't a real relationship. We didn't even go to bed. To be honest, I accepted him because I was so in love with your baby. That coward said all types of lies. Including that you were an absent mother...

_______ What? No ? How long were you two dating?

Considering the question, the doctor replied a couple of seconds later:

________ Around 9 months.

________ Weird. He is usually very insistent. Well, you missed nothing. And he was probably cheating on you too.______ The stunning woman shrugged.

________ In this whole story, the only thing that matters is that I'll miss the baby.______ Byul-YI sounded very sad.

Hesitantly, the stylist asked:

_______ Would you mind giving me your number? Since you are a doctor and you are familiar with Duri.

_______ No problem. 

The sensual brown-haired woman handed the nutritionist her phone.

_____ x ______ 

Yongsun was throwing a birthday party for her only child and she invited just a small group of people.

Hyejin, Duri's godmother and one of her best friends, whispered in the stylist's ear:

_______ Let me get this straight. You invited your husband's mistress to your child's party. Is that it?

Rolling her eyes, the beautiful woman answered:

_______ First of all, my ex-husband. Second, don't call her that. She was just a victim of his lies.

_______ How do you know?

_______ That piece of was part of my life for ages. I know.

_______ Still...Isn't it awkward to be in the same room with a woman that had an affair with your kid's father?

_______ They didn't even do it, Hyejin-ah. It was nothing. And Byul-YI is a nice person.

_______ Yong unnie, is that THE Moon Byul-YI?______. Wheein joined them with a shocked expression.

_______ Yep. That's her name.______ The stylist responded without understanding why her friend was so excited.

_______ I bet she doesn't know that doctor handsome has been on the cover of Forbes Korea.______ Chorong sat beside the brunette.

_______ Why though? A nutritionist on the cover of Forbes must be unusual.

_______ She is filthy rich! That pretty face belongs to an heiress of one of the most powerful families in the country. She has her own clinic, among thousands of other businesses.______ Wheein explained.

_______ Funny.

_______ What is funny?______ Hyejin questioned.

_______ It doesn't sound like the woman I have been having out with.

Widening her eyes, Wheein leaned closer and exclaimed:

_______ First of all, what? You are hanging out with your ex-husband's lover? And second, How is she then?

______ My ex-husband's ex. And answering your question, she drives a normal car, her house is not a mansion and she is quite normal. Except for some Thom Browne suits, she is usually wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

_______ Maybe she is not the same Moon Byul-Yi from Forbes. Because that one is rich RICH!______  Chorong scratched her chin.

______ I'm not rich RICH. My father is._____ The black-haired one spoke behind the group.

______ Ah, Byul-YI...Please forgive my stupid friends. They have too much free time._____ The stylist glared at the other women.

______ Don't worry. People usually get curious when they recognize me.

_____ Sorry about that. We mean no harm. But seriously, how can you say you are not super rich?______ Hyejin laughed.

_

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter