Happiness

The First Snow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Growing up together, Chanyeol knows that eating was by far their favourite time of each day. He remembers too well how May's parents taught the group that to share good foods with others is to create the strong bonds among each other.

And dinner with his friends is taking small bites and making pleasant conversation but May acts as an eating inspector to tell, "Don't talk with your mouth full."

Then, Jongdae tells Sehun who has been absent that on a bad day she might add, "Help clear the table, sweep the floor and help wash the dishes, you're not freeloaders," he mimics her tone that causes explosion of laughter at their table.

"Because you know, they still need their moms!" Eyes so bright, May tells Sehun and Chanyeol kicks her foot lightly, protesting but more joy is clear.

And as the minutes go by, it becomes the best conversation since they reunited with Sehun again. It flows just like the old days and it ensures Chanyeol that's what happens when loving bestfriends really connect.

It really is the best conversation until an unexpected topic is brought up to the table as they start the desserts.

"So... in the end, May's going to be the first who steps up to settle down?" Sehun asks with a secret mission. "Is Minho the type of a boyfriend who would come up with a romantic proposal?"

And the said mission is considered successful when he catches Chanyeol shoving himself a forkfull of pudding. Just from the expressions, he can read his best friend.

Chanyeol didn't change.

"May," Then, Chanyeol decides to say. "Don't say yes if he doesn't propose you a Jim Halpert-way--"

"Woah! You watch The Office finally?" To say that Sehun is surprised by Chanyeol's reaction is a lie. He knows how annoyed his best friend is. That's why he decided to stir the direction to somewhere else, concealing his initial purpose. 

May, on the other hand, can't let it go. If Sehun is now changing subjects by talking about their old movie nights, she chooses to plot a plan to talk to Chanyeol that he doesn't have to worry of anything.

But then again, why would she need to tell him that?

When she has a bite of her pudding, she feels Chanyeol's eyes on her.

~*~

Around thirty minutes later, they are in May's room, playing classic cards game on the floor-- May, Sehun and Jongdae are, Chanyeol is glued to his phone, curling on the bed.

It was just one time Sehun mentioned May's boyfriend's name, but... Sehun chose violence Jongdae has mentioned, so when Chanyeol refused to join them, everyone knew that it was pointless to persuade him to have fun.

But from time to time, May throws glances to him. And when their eyes meet, she beams.

"Get up and play, will you?" She asks and she knows how he will shake his head.

Their eye contact is interrupted when Jongdae celebrates his winning. May mentions about Jongdae is always good at the game that the latter reacts by offering a high five. And that's when Sehun suggest for beers. Or it's more like a code for Jongd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter